August 20, 2014 | 1008 users online

Polishes - OPI - And This Little Piggy

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This nail polish is basically just a sparkle top coat. It's so sheer but it does give some color. It's really pretty over a plum/berry color or a light pink pastel color is the dreamiest. It reminds me of cotton candy yum! I think it would take about 4 coats to use by itself, I've always used it as a top coat. But be warned, if you do wear it by itself with 4 coats, it will be hell to take off

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a glassy glittery sheer pink polish. It doesn't go bottle colour for around 4 layers and it is a bit hard to apply in even layers. But its pretty, i put it on over a sheer french pink polish and it looks great. Got it for $10 AUD rather than the normal retail price of $19.95, can't complain!

Going to try layering it another time like other reviewers suggested, looking forwards to the result.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a present and seeing as how I LOVE the color pink I tried it right away. It looks so great in the bottle but once I put it on I was disappointed that it was so sheer. Even after 2-3 coats. I then tried putting it over another OPI shade of pink that I had and found that doing this made the shimmery part of "and this little piggy" fade a little. It's pretty and I will keep trying but I'm still pretty disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by greencurry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received this in swap. You have to be discerning what you put on your MUA wishlist, as you truly will receive it at lightning speed. At least that has been my experience (in spells).

In my profile pics, please check out my photo lineup of fancy pink polishes that I've attempted to review today. And This Little Piggy is second from left.

It's my favorite of the lot, because it's the most wearable. (Some of those "fancy pinks" came out really garish.) I swatched one on each finger last night and woke up to them this morning. ATLP is still my favorite in the summer morning light.

Funny, I had imagined this color as a frosty, glittery toes-only color, perhaps because of the name. It *is* a sheer glass-fleck glitter pink, but compared to what glitter has become as of Summer 2011, it is absolutely subtle. And definitely too subtle for toes. Should be called And This Little Pinky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by happyhamstergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my very first OPI nail polish, and I have to admit, I am a little disappointed. I know OPI is one of the best brands, so when I put on the first coat and saw how sheer it was, I was...what's the word...sad? Idk. I decided to keep building it. After about 4 coats, I had achieved opaqueness. I'm on my fourth day, and it hasn't chipped yet. I don't think all of their polishes are like this, but this wasn't the best first impression. Great for parties and stuff, but not for everyday use (if you go the opaque route).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by LadyMorrigan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im trying this one on now, piggy is sheer and very suitable for summer/spring,i have a brown skin so 2 coats are enough for me :-)
i usually dislike pink but i do like this one, its very subtle, a keeper for when im in a pink mood :p and it's nice on toes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

And This Little Piggy... is a sheer rosy-pink colour with gold and blue microglitter. The colour is good for both layering and wearing by itself. This colour however is extremely sheer, even with four coats you could still see the nail line, but this colour is extremely pretty, even with the sheerness so I only took one lippy off due to this. I bought this at a salon for $17AUD and I would recommend it to those who like pinks and sheers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's And This Little Piggy is a super-sheer, warm-toned, pink tinted polish with a multicolored microfine glitter/almost glass-fleck finish. Unless you like barely-there polishes, this is more of a topcoat. The finish on this one is along the lines of Princesses Rule - very girly-girl and "young" looking. I used this to freshen up a creme pink mani and did not care for the result. It took three coats to really "pop" and by that time the glitteriness was too dense in a not-good way. The application was very smooth and wear time my usual OPI excellence (a week with SV). While this is very pretty in the bottle, I doubt that I'll reach for it very often and won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Ailine

Very pretty. It's a sheer rose with lots of glitter. After two layers I can still see my white tips. The sheerness of this is actually what attracted me to this color, but it can be a deal breaker for others. I normally wear light colors like Bubble Bath and Hawaiian Orchid and Samoan Sand, so this was a nice way to wear a stronger color on my nails without feeling like it's TOO strong.

I really like it, and it looks great on fingers and toes. If you're ok with the sheerness it's a great color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very sheer, glass-fleck microglittered polish in a mauvey medium pink tone, like a darker version of "Princesses Rule!" I didn't care for this. This one seemed a bit too sheer/sparse/thin and the darker pink just wasn't flattering in this type of microglitter finish, for me. OPI is my favorite brand, but I was very disappointed with this one and swapped it away. Won't repurchase.