July 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Corn Huskers Lotion

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Meh. I tried it. It wasn't super moisturizing and I need much stronger for my hands. I did try on my face since I break out so easily and needed a good moisturizer. But I felt it wasn't quite enough. I didn't mind the texture if it would work and at least I didn't break out, but it also just seemed to not do anything. So I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by thomasy315

I have dry hands and this keeps them moisturized

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They say the hands are the first things to show age. That has surely been my experience.

I don't care what the bottle looks like. I don't care what the lotion smells like, as long as the fragrance is not so strong that it bowls me over. Corn Huskers Lotion is maybe a little on the baby-powder scent end, which ordinarily bothers me - but whatever its creators are doing with this lotion they need to keep on doing because it is just breathtaking in its effectiveness.

I do dishes, housework, etc., just about everything without protective gloves because I can't stand the way they feel and how they get in the way of what I'm trying to do. I use Corn Huskers at night, and sometimes Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing Cream, and let's just say that although I'm almost 51 years old I'd stack my hands up against those of someone 10 years younger. It goes on smooth and feels wonderful, too. There's a reason this stuff has been around for years; the only thing I don't like is that it took me so long to find it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by chicnonchalance

This product WORKS. Like MAD.

My first encounter with this was when I was having livescan processing. The man who was doing my fingerprints on the machine was shaking his head, and was like, "This is no good, your hands are too dry." I am not kidding. My hands have been like this since before I even knew that hands were supposed to be soft. In between a mortified laugh and confusion on what I was supposed to do about it, he rummaged through his stash of bottles and then he gave me this atrociously cheap looking plastic bottle with yellow detailing. "Corn Huskers Lotion". Another mortified laugh. So my hands are like a corn huskers'? No offense to corn huskers out there, I am sure you are doing a marvelous job. But really?

But then, people were piling up behind me, and I knew I just had to suck it up and apply the suspicious product on my hands to get the job done.

It had a funny feel to it when I first applied it, it was like, runny lubricant. No kinky thoughts, I am implying lubricant for it's medical purpose, not the bedroom use for it. But then it became sticky, kinda like gel drying on your hands, and then suddenly it dried. And my hands were so soft! O_O

I involuntarily blurted, "This is magical!" To the amusement of the fingerprint guy.

To cut the long story short, I bought two from CVS on an offer of 2 for $6.

I've read that some people use it for the whole body and some even on their FACE! But I only use it for my rough hands, rough feet (comes with the territory) , knees and elbows.

I have one in the car and in the bathroom.

They never felt better. And with so little and natural chemicals! And it's water based!

Overall:

Great and effective product
Smell is not old smelling at all (as I've seen in other reviews) It smells like baby shampoo actually. That Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo? Remember that nostalgic scent? I would know, I clean my make-up brushes with it. LOL
Packaging... I gave it a 1. It is honestly atrocious. Well what do you expect, it's dirt cheap for the price, and the result it gives. The spout is pretty open, no pump, but the screw on cap is pretty secure. No worries, I'm just gonna transfer it to my used up pump bottle of facial wash. ^_^

I highly recommend it. IF you're just gonna use it for it's intended purpose, and not use it on your FACE and expect stellar results, I think you're gonna be satisfied. Pleasantly surprised actually. Well in my case, amazed and happy. ^_^

Good luck girls!
Patricia

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by studiodummies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After a few days of giving this one a try, I believe I found my HG in hand lotion. And I have tried just about everything - cheap stuff, expensive, the commercial stuff you might find at some craft fairs or such, stuff you get in the related chain stores, department stores, online... you see where I'm going with this. I stay at home and do all the cleaning, take care of 4 pets (3 cats and a dog), am kinda phobic about germs, and am a musician who works with valuable vintage equipment, so I'm constantly washing my hands. Needless to say, my hands get so dry and are so sensitive that they crack and bleed at times, and get kind of rashy n' itchy - especially in the winter - and well, that really can hurt. Most of these "effective" or "miracle" hand creams are nothing more to me than heavy scented grease - and I do alot of cooking too - so if my hand cream feels like my cooking oils...I don't find that very pleasant - in fact I absolutely can't stand greasy feelings of any kind - I don't even care to have any massage oil on me for very long. Now THIS lotion is something different - no joke - at least for me personally - I put it on and it was like this instant transformation, that I couldn't stop looking at and feeling my hands - I went to bed, got up and my hands were still soft and nice, which never happens for me. I use I think about a nickle sized amount maybe and that seems to do the trick. The smell isn't unpleasant - it's definitely it's own scent - I don't know that I would relate it to old ppl though, b/c well, when I think of that, I usually associate it with heavy "White Shoulders" or some kind of other powder-scented type perfumes and pee-pants - just telling the truth - like that's always the smell at some of these restaurants - especially free pie day @ Baker's Square, which kinda sucks b/c I really like free pie day :/ But, point is, I don't recall ever smelling this lotion at any of those times. My husband actually thought we should try it b/c someone recommended it to him and he likes it too. I guess we'll have to see what my Mother-in-law's verdict is when we have her try it - as she is a custodial worker and you can imagine the toll that takes on her hands - needless to say, she is very skeptical with these hand lotions as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this as a facial moisturizer. Also really enjoying the very reasonable price, although not the packaging so much. I have a pump bottle I pour it into. The texture of the stuff is kind of gooey and nasty, but to be fair, so is Oil of Olay; but Corn Huskers is oil-free. I love that I can put this on my face, rub it in, and in five minutes it's all soaked in and I can put on my makeup over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by LucyBo

After many expensive trials of hand creams I found the best in one of the "old standards." My grandma used this!
If I apply a thick coat of Corn Huskers lotion to hands, rub in, then apply a layer of Aquaphor over it at bedtime. You may or may not put on thin cotton gloves to keep it off the bed sheets. In the morning your hands will feel like they have had an expensive salon treatment. Smoth soft hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Britt723

This product is amazing! My boyfriend and i went to the beach and made a mistake by not putting on sun screen...we both got the worst sun burns, and who would have guessed this weird/strange liquid of a lotion would heal our sunburns within a week!!! No pilling, no itching, and no burning!! It just made our skin silky smooth without any oily after-feeling.
Oh and I experimented with it by putting a little bit my hair after a shower while it was still wet...weird huh? It gave my hair a shine and a smooth feel without an oily look!
Whoever invented this...THANK YOU!
You can practically use this for anything...(but don't eat it = P, i don't think thats safe)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by llmorris88

This stuff is great! I use it on my feet, and it feels so good. It absorbs into the skin with no greasiness. Makes my feet soft and it smells good so my feet smell good too! My husband uses it on his hands and afterwards his hands are nice and soft. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lauradfromnc

This product has the appearance and texture of a sex by-product. The star of the formula is the glycerin. It goes on as a weird texture that turns sticky for maybe a minute and then completely absorbs into my skin. Once it absorbs I feel no residue, no oil, nothing but my skin feels moisturized and relieved. Another complaint I have is that it smells like old people. However, the smell does not last long and is easily overcome by other fragrances. If you can overcome the strange appearance, brief stickiness, and grandma scent, then this is a very hard-working product for the money. I put it all over my legs every time I shave them and it works wonders for my alligator like skin.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No