November 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Makeup Brushes - Annabelle - Annabelle Powder brush A-13

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by chipshumptydumpty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this brush for 6 years and it's still good as new. I wash it regularly, never loses hair. It's good for face powder and I use it with my NARS bronzer. For the price, I think it's the best brush out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by dezyttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay brush, which I find best used for applying powder, and a sheer coat of mineral foundation. That is about the best it can do, as it doesn't seem to be able to grab enough powder. However, it's handy because it's a large brush, so I can apply quickly, even if I have to pick up more powder rather frequently. The other thing that lost points on this brush, is that it sheds a little. Not a lot, but there are usually at least 2 to 4 fibers that I have to pulls off my face. Thus, I would not repurchase, because I've found other brushes that don't shed, and are capable of holding more product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by amateuratmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a nice size, inexpensive and quite soft on the skin. I prefer longer handles though; it's a tad short for my liking.

Although I have 'graduated' to Ecotools brushes due the great reviews, I would recommend this brush to others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty great brush, especially for the price. I got this brush on sale when it was buy one get one free so i picked up this brush and the retractable blush brush for the price of one. Although this not as soft as the MAC 150 brush, it's good enough to just put a light dust of powder all over your face. Honestly, dont spend 50 dollars on a powder brush where something 1/5 of the price does the same job.

This brush is also made out of natural bristles just like the MAC ones and it performs just as well. It might not be as smooth and soft but it's not really a big deal. Everyone needs a big powder brush to put finishing powder or even a light coat of foundation. You dont need some specially shaped brush for this purpose.

This does shed one or two hairs every wash but it has never actually shed on my face and after using it for a few months, mine is still in a pretty good shape. Overall pretty well made.

I condition my brushes after every wash so I actually got the bristles to be pretty soft. Overall this is a excellent brush and it gets the job done. I think everyone should own a powder brush whether it's from annabelle or not. There really is no point in spend 50 dollars on a powder brush, get the 182 duo fiber brush or something "special". Every brand makes powder brushes almost exactly the same. This Annabelle one works just as well as name brands and costs significantly less.

This brush does shed, however, every time I wash it but its really no big deal. It only sheds one or two hairs per wash. I dont think this is in danger of getting bald. The first time I washed this, it took me almost 6 washes to get the dye out of the bristles. It bleeds. After washing for the first few times however, it stopped and it has now became a very good brush.

Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder brush for almost two years (i think?) and i'm very comfortable with it. I use this almost everyday for applying loose powder, and i find that it works pretty nicely for this. Even though i have used it for a long time, it has remained in good shape overall. The bristles are still soft and full, and the handle of the brush still looks as it did when i first purchased it. Overall, i think that this is a nice basic brush to have around, and i think i would repurchase this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I've had this brush for about three months and until now I LOVED it. It's super soft, distributes and blends powder easily and until a few weeks ago, it didn't shed. Plus I love the control you get from the short handle. But now every time I use it the hairs break off and end up all over my face. Disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this brush, because unlike others of its kind I've tried (AHEM, Maybelline), it's not itchy. It's also large enough that it lets me blend powders more easily. It's easy to clean and is a good buy for the money. Recommended, although keep in mind the hairs do have a tendency of leaving themselves across your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by shannin_

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this one on a whim since I was desperately needing a new powder brush. I've had it for a few months already and its been a good brush for me. I use it everyday when I apply loose powder and it seems to do a fine job. No complaints. The hairs don't fall out at all and after washing it up its as good as new.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm a fan of Annabelle's (very inexpensive!) brush line, particularly the eye shadow brushes, but this was a disappointment. At about $10 CDN, it's a great starter brush for those who aren't too particular about their brushes - it does the job, after all. But to me, there are more cons than pros. First of all, it's too fluffy - the length of the hairs are a little long and quite soft, and it's not densely packed, so that it feels flimsy against the face. It picks up enough product, but because of how it's packed, it's a little on the floppy side, so it doesn't distribute the product well. Otherwise, the pros are that it's not too scratchy, and it is a very attainable price point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased one at regular cost approximately $10.00 cdn. For some reason they were incorrectly priced at my Zehrs (Loblaws chain) so I picked up a few for less than $2.00 each. It is a powder brush that is fluffly and washes easily. Does not shed much at all.

I do like my Quo powder brushes better if I had to choose between the two. The Quo powder brushes are a few dollars more.

I recommend this brush for loose finishing powders or pressed powders. I do use it for foundation pressed powder instead of a sponge. I do NOT recommend this brush for mineral makeup foundation.
Annabelle is only available in Canada. Overall pricing is reasonable. Walmart and Loblaw Superstore have better everyday pricing than SDM.