Becca Jewel Dust in Erzulie

One of my favorite loose eyeshadows. Pigmented enough to show up on my dark lids even without a primer, a unique color, and really dimensional. The shimmer is slightly sparkly, but not in a tacky glittery way. Just enough to brighten the eyes a bit. Lovely texture too.

on 5/11/2006 12:50:00 PM

I have to start off saying that I am generally no fan of pigments and don't get all the rage on the boards. There are only 2-3 MAC pigments I like, many other shades would appeal to me, but it seems no matter which base I use they disappear on me. The same goes for Stila's loose AOS e/s, they don't show up on me properly and I just didn't put in the effort to try any other brands. So, I was pleasantly surprised with Becca Jewel Dusts.

After purchasing aspara I got titania, nyx and finally erzulie in a swao(see separate reviews). Erzulie is a pretty lilac/periwrinkle blue shade with pink iridescence and slight silver shimmer. It reminds me a lot of Stila mambo, except that mambo has no silver shimmer and the Jewel Dust is much more intense. I think the reason why the effect of these Jewel Dusts is different and more intense than with e/s is that they actually have a darker base pigment that's combined with lighter shimmer.

Consistency: The jewel dusts are easy to apply and blend and they last the whole day on me if I use an e/s base (UD PP, LM metallic cream e/s, MAC paints). You definitely *have* to use a base though! I've applied them wet, but I think it doesn't make much of a difference finishwise. They are *very* pigmented, much more than regular e/s and shimmery. Packaging: This comes in a little cube with srew-top and sifter inside. Actually they're quite easy to handle and not as messy as MAC pigment containers. I make sure to leave the sticker covering half of the sifter though, so you don't even spill much when you knock it over. Price: this retails for $22 in the US and something like Euro 20 in Germany. I don't see myself ever using up one of the jewel dusts, so I think it's a good price/quality relation.

I have sensitive eyes, wear contacts and have experienced no reaction whatsoever to the jewel dusts. I have meanwhile acquired a few more shades and would repurchase them if I should ever run out of any.
continued >>