April 20, 2014 | 1619 users online

Eye Shadow - Becca - Jewel Dust

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this product in Erlina. It's a very pale greenish cream color that I find to be flattering on all coloring. Becca's Jewel Dust is SO perfect for lighting up your face and really make your eyes stand out. The only downside is this product is quite expensive, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Laura22

When I first received this product as part of the hypnose kit, I almost did not even bother trying it. The shimmeriness of the product was far more then I was accustomed to and I had never used loose e/s before either. I'm so glad I did though. It is GORGEOUS on and not at all over-the-top as I expected. I've worn it dry and wet and both work well. Ever since I've tried it I've had my eyes open for more (no pun intended). The packaging is also beautiful and I actually keep it out as decoration lol. The color I used was Xantho (a goldish shade). I'm NC30/35 ish. Medium olive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of pigments and love these. I find that they are pigmented, last all day and easy to apply. I was happy to find them on sale for only $5! I would have gladly spend full price on these. The packaging is also a big plus- I think it looks cool and the like that it has a sifter- makes it less messy that way.

Nissa (shimmering ruby garnet)- in the same color family as MAC Blue Brown Pigment

Mazikeen (rich royal purple)

Erzulie (blue based violet)

Luella (glimmering turquoise )- turns green on me but still pretty.

Titania (glittery silver ) I found that this a a midtone silver

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by leafsmother

Most of the jewel dusts I love, but a few of the colors just don't show on my dark lids, even with a primer. Nixie, for example, is a major disappointment. Luella and Erzulie are absolutely gorgeous though. I love how dimensional these shadows are, and the way they sparkle without looking glittery. Overall very nice, but I'd recommend trying the colors in a store before buying them, if possible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2006 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Yatri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Mazikeen which is described as rich royal purple. It is indeed rich royal purple in the jar and a very beautiful color. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply on my lids this color. It applies darker and murkier and looses its brillant jewel tone altogether. It is more like a dark greyish plum with medium size silver glitter. I don't mind glitter but the glitter in this ends up uneven on my lids and falls on my face and eyelashes. It wasn't the easiest to apply as it applies unevenly both wet and dry. I applied on primed lids. The first layer was pretty shear in comparison to MAC pigments and sheer dark purple just looks bruised. I tried to layer it but it just looked splotchier and more bruised. I probably took 10 min. trying to smooth blend and layer and when I finally got it as good as it was going to get it still looked blah! There was little difference applied wet or dry except staying power. The side applied wet creased within an hour but not the dry side. The dry side faded dramatically in 5 hours but evenly while the wet side faded very blotchy. I will give it three lippies though because it makes a decent liner and I love the container it is in. I would not purchase this again even to try another color because for cheaper I can get twice as much MAC pigment and be confident that it is going to look good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bastet

I have to start off saying that I am generally no fan of pigments and don't get all the rage on the boards. There are only 2-3 MAC pigments I like, many other shades would appeal to me, but it seems no matter which base I use they disappear on me. The same goes for Stila's loose AOS e/s, they don't show up on me properly and I just didn't put in the effort to try any other brands. So, I was pleasantly surprised with Becca Jewel Dusts.

After purchasing aspara I got titania, nyx and erzulie (see separate reviews). I think the reason why the effect of these Jewel Dusts is different and more intense than with e/s is that they actually have a darker base pigment that's combined with lighter shimmer.

Consistency: The jewel dusts are easy to apply and blend and they last the whole day on me if I use an e/s base (UD PP, LM metallic cream e/s, MAC paints). You definitely *have* to use a base though! I've applied them wet, but I think it doesn't make much of a difference finishwise. They are *very* pigmented, much more than regular e/s and shimmery. Packaging: This comes in a little cube with srew-top and sifter inside. Actually they're quite easy to handle and not as messy as MAC pigment containers. I make sure to leave the sticker covering half of the sifter though, so you don't even spill much when you knock it over. Price: this retails for $22 in the US and something like Euro 20 in Germany. I don't see myself ever using up one of the jewel dusts, so I think it's a good price/quality relation.

I have sensitive eyes, wear contacts and have experienced no reaction whatsoever to the jewel dusts. I have meanwhile acquired a few more shades and would repurchase them if I should ever run out of any. continued >>

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No