December 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Eye Shadow - Becca - Jewel Dust in Aspara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gives a water-like reflective champagne sheen and is absolutely not glittery. One of the products I use everyday and always goes into my travel bag. I apply it to the inner corners of my eyes and to the outer part of my lower lashline, which seems to lift the corners of my eyes and make me look less knackered. I consider the price reasonable because I've had mine for 2 years and it's nowhere near finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Truly, it's one of my "go-to's". I use this for an "everyday, fresh-but-eyecatching look". I get a lot of compliments on this color. It's like a neutral, peach shimmer that is subtle, but it makes my brown eyes pop. I use this, with no liner, just mascara, and wow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So basic and neutral, perfect choice for a first jewel dust. Peach shimmer that lights up the eye. Can be worn alone or layered with other eye products. Quality is fantastic. Makes MAC pigments look like crapola. This is a perfect color for someone who wants their eyes to sparkle but does not want an unsophisticated look. Blends well with Xanthos, Sebille, Astra and Nissa. I'm sure it pairs well with others but these are what I have for now. Becca is an amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 7:43:00 AM More reviews by bastet

I have to start off saying that I am generally no fan of pigments and don't get all the rage on the boards. There are only 2-3 MAC pigments I like, many other shades would appeal to me, but it seems no matter which base I use they disappear on me. The same goes for Stila's loose AOS e/s, they don't show up on me properly and I just didn't put in the effort to try any other brands. So, not long ago I happened to be at a Becca counter and checked out the Jewel Dusts. The colours looked pretty and I love Becca, so I thought I'd give one of them a try and I was pleasantly surprised.

I bought Aspara which is a peachy, beige shade along the lines of Stila's kitten. The effect of the jewel dust is completely different from kitten though. Whereas kitten has the typical frosty e/s finish, aspara makes my eye lids look wet. The jewel dusts are a lot more pigmented than normal e/s and there is microshimmer added on top of the pigment (so it's shimmer plus pigment as opposed to shimmery pigment of e/s, if that makes sense), so I guess that's responsible for the different effect.

Consistency: The jewel dusts are easy to apply and blend and they last the whole day on me if I use an e/s base (UD PP, LM metallic cream e/s, MAC paints). You definitely *have* to use a base though! I've applied them wet, but I think it doesn't make much of a difference finishwise. They are *very* pigmented, much more than regular e/s and shimmery.
Packaging: This comes in a little cube with srew-top and sifter inside. Actually they're quite easy to handle and not as messy as MAC pigment containers. I make sure to leave the sticker covering half of the sifter though, so you don't even spill much when you knock it over.
Price: this retails for $22 in the US and something like Euro 20 in Germany. I don't see myself ever using up one of the jewel dusts, so I think it's a good price/quality relation.

I have sensitive eyes, wear contacts and have experienced no reaction whatsoever to the jewel dusts. I have meanwhile acquired a few more shades and would repurchase them if I should ever run out of any.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No