Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 10/3/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Oh wow. This is by far the best moisturizer I have ever tried.
I have been looking for something that really hydrates without making the skin greasy and this is just the perfect product for that. It's super soft and easy to apply, it absorbs quickly.
I often wake up with dry, red and flaky cheeks but if I apply this at night, in the morning my cheeks are actually ok and it's like this product brings the redness and irritation down.

It's definitely worth a try on sensitive skins, and Khiels are a brand that strongly believe in samples, unlike some other places.

on 8/25/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is the bomb shizzles. I think most of the negative reviews are because of scooping out too much product. This product is a moisturiser, not designed to get "absorbed" into you skin like a serum or essence. It is supposed to act as a barrier between your skin and external elements, helping to effectively lock the moisture in. And I think it does that extremely well, WITHOUT breaking me out. And I've tried everything drugstore even brands like Pai etc, nothing else is as gentle and effective on my skin as this is. With a little bit of experimentation, you'll be able to find the right quantity of this product you need for your skin. I still need to blot mid day, but I'm happy with the overall softening and protecting effect is has on my skin.

on 7/27/2015 3:40:00 AM

My face does not absorb this product well at all...disappointed

on 7/16/2015 7:06:00 AM

Gave into the hype and bought the Ultra Facial Cream. Feel like a lot is needed to go a long way, but with that being said, if you use too much it leaves a really greasy and oily film on your face, and takes a bit of time to absorb.
Makes my face feel tingly after use and worsens the redness on my face. I feel like it is slightly irritating, and definitely is inappropriate for all skin types. It does moisturise, but does not have the ideal properties I believe to be in a good moisturiser, and especially for the price point.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Actual Rating 3.5

This is a bit of a hard product to review. I was halfway through my usual moisturizer and read online rave reviews about the free consultations at Kiehl's. Ended up leaving with a tub of this and 4 free samples in total from Kiehl's and, being the intelligent skin expert that I am, decided to use all of them together and completely dump out my usual routine. Safe to say my skin was not happy. I don't know if my initial negative reaction to this cream was because of that or not, just keep that in mind.

The first time i put it on my face stung and tingled. A LOT. I was kind of disturbed and worried. I also put way too much and the tiny tub it comes in (cosidering i didnt get to buy a spatula and only used my fingers) troubled me. Very unhygienic packaging and far more difficult to ration than the average squeeze bottle. Within a week I was sprouting a ton of painful mini pimples and had reverted back to my usual skin routine and was prepared to give this product a hell of a review.

Then my original moisturizer ran out a few weeks later and had already spent way more on this single tub than i did when i bought my cleanser, toner and acne peel combined, so for the sake of not wasting cash, I forced myself to use it again. Some of the stinging returned -mind you- but definitely not as bad as before and my skin broke out a little but once again, not as much as before. A month later and my skin had no reaction and seems to love it. Especially since I've been using this new stronger acne scar treatment, I got from a dermatologist, that drys out my face like crazy. So much so that if I forget to use this moisturizer a day my face will be visibly dry and begin to peel).

Strange turn of events. I hated so many things about this product but now cant go a few days without it. Practically all negative feedback is gone. Only complaint left is that, even with a sterilized spatula, the container is still very unhygienic.

on 5/24/2015 8:48:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this cream!
I've been through so many different brands and different formulas and nothing does the job like Kielhs.
I have combination dry sensitive skin, so picking the right moisturiser is essential for me.
Having a cream that is a tad too moisturising for me will instantly cause my skin to break out in spots, and one that isn't moisturising enough causes my skin to flake and go pink.
This is the perfect balance for me skin, and I've tried other creams but always found myself coming back to this one.
I love that it has no smell either! I've recommended this to so many of my friends and family and everyone loves it!

on 5/20/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

On my second one so far.

- cheaper than other moisturizers I've used
- moisturizing
- glides on easily
- my face hasnt had any negative reactions to this. Soothing, almost.

- I wonder if this is appropriate in the summer when a less "moisture intense" cream would suffice
- no added perks/benefits (ie SPF, etc)

Overall, on a 1 to 10, 10 being the best thing ever, this is a 7

on 5/7/2015 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

definitely one of my favourite moisturizers

on 4/25/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This burns my skin pretty badly around my nose. It does moisturize very well despite the burning I get. The packaging is good and I have traveled with it several times so that's not a problem. It may have contributed to some breakouts I had over the winter and I'm pretty sure it clogs my pores. I wouldn't buy this cream again.

on 4/11/2015 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I stopped using this moisturizer a few years ago (not sure why) but I recently repurchased it and I love it. It's so moisturizing for my dry skin and it works great under makeup. I will be purchasing the SPF one this summer.

I wish they would change the packaging to a squeeze tube however, I just feel like it's more sanitary. But I suppose your fingers are clean when applying! ;)

I'm actually surprised that only 62% would repurchase!