Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 2/26/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was given this cream as a gift and was reluctant to try it as it was fragrance-free (I have a thing about smells :p). Anyway, my normal moisturiser ran out so I decided to try it. This cream is extremely moisturising and slightly on the greasier side which is why I would recommend it as a night cream. I use in conjunction with kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate and my skin just feels so rejuvenated when I wake up in the morning. I even bought a second tub!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Super hydrating and it works wonders for my skin! My face would feel so hydrated throughout the day and it does not make my face oily at all. A must have product for me.I'd recommend this to people with dry skin. It helps improve mine. :)

on 1/17/2015 8:27:00 AM

I like it. Thought I would try it since I love the moisturizer. It sinks in but I never feel like it is fully moisturized. I feel like I need to put more on to feel good. I wouldn't buy again.

on 1/11/2015 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was the first product I ever tried from kiehl's. I was given a sample of this cream (which I used for more than a week) I was hesitant to try it at first because oiliness and ultra moisturizing creams are not a wise combination but I'm really glad that I gave it a try. At first I was scared to put it on my face as it is a really thick butter like cream but I was impressed by how quickly was absorbed and left my face soft and well moisturized. It might be so that my skin is more dry than combination through the cold months, only having some oiliness around my nose but although it does wonders during the winter I don't think it'll be suitable for spring or summer..

on 12/11/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had such high hopes for this cream and I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't. Let me start off by saying that I generally do not have an oily face. I do, however, live in a place that's always hot and humid. And I've never had any skin issues. I also hardly have pimples and stuff like that. I don't use foundation so I usually have to top my powder up once or twice throughout a long day, just on my t-zone area, but this thing made my face 2x more oily and sticky. I like my face smooth and matte after putting on makeup, but having this cream on made that totally impossible. Plus, when I first started using it I had tiny bumps on my cheeks. Not noticeable to anyone except for me, but nevertheless still there. It went off the more I use it though.

As recommended by the lovely man who helped me at the Kiehl's outlet, after washing my face, I use toner, followed by this cream, and then Kiehl's Ultra Light UV Defense SPF 50. I initially thought the product that was making my face so sticky was the sun protector, but it wasn't. It was this. This cream is thick and sticky, comparable to drugstore moisturizers. I also don't like that it comes in a jar because it's not very hygienic. I use a cotton bud just so that my fingers don't come in contact with the whole jar's content.

I wanted to throw this away after like... the first week, but the environmentalist in me would have had a heart attack. So I didn't. I decided to carry on using it anyway, but only on days when I stay home.

I have to say that this cream actually does hydrate and moisturize well, if you don't mind the thickness, stickiness, and added oiliness on your face.

I've gone back to my HG moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel!!), and I think I'll stop experimenting with moisturizers and just stick to that from now on.

on 12/1/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in a hot and humid climate and I don't know other people deal with it. I wish I could return this product because it cost so much. Every time I use it, it just sticks to my skin. It never fully absorbs. I can't tell if my skin gets any softer because it's always so sticky. When I put on foundation, it causes the foundation to clump up in different places. Overall it's a mess. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin living in hot and humid climates.

on 11/30/2014 11:31:00 AM

the packaging is poor because a jar always has cross contamination issues. It is quite moisturizing all right but would also break me out from time to time, not serious, just few tiny bumps that is kind of itchy. I guess it is too oily maybe in the ingredient list, I would not buy it again because for half or a third of the price, there are lots of other wonderful products, including cetaphil, eucerin etc.
Another downside is that in humid climate, where I lived now, it is difficult to apply this product evenly and even more difficult to apply sunscreen and foundation immediately after because it does not absorb too well, the oils always stat on top of the surface.

on 11/11/2014 12:29:00 AM

Once autumn and winter hits I break open this cream. I've always had issues with dry and flaky skin during the cold seasons but ever since I started using this I've had no problems at all. It's light but packs a lot of moisture and absorbs fast. A little goes a long way, if you do put too much the extra will sit on your face and make you super shiny.

Taking away a lippy because it is pricey and there are some naughty ingredients in there. But nothing has worked so well for me before so I'll be sticking with it.

I do love the ultra line of Kiehl's. I use the ultra overnight face mask as well and while it can be a little sticky it's like pumping water into your face, I highly recommend!

on 11/10/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer in the winter in hopes of finding a thick hydrator for my dry skin. As time went on using it on a daily basis, i found that I had a reddish rash-like irritation around my nose and mouth area. It lasted months - i went to a dermatologist and she said it was Perioral Dermatitis which forms around the mouth and nose area. She gave me a medicated cream and thankfully it went away. I had to stop using every product during the medicated process. I remember asking the doctor if a product could've caused this and she said no, it's caused by an overproduction of yeast in the skin. I then searched online and found that the ingredient "isopropyl myristate" can cause this, which was in this Kiehls cream. I since then have stopped using the cream.

This is not to say this will happen to everyone, I have very sensitive skin and i believe everyone has their own unique reactions to different ingredients. But thought i'll share my personal experience in case someone too is having same reaction.

on 10/21/2014 10:52:00 PM

I love this moisturiser, light but also really hydrating and nourishing. It isn't scented and it doesn't irritate my skin.