Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

Having been hearing so much about this cream, finally decided to give it a try since the price is not so steep. No regret at all! I was traveling and my skin got flaky due to the climate change, tried a few things but just got more flaky and itchy, till I put this cream on it, it really hydrate your face instantly. However, I only use it as a day cream because it keeps your face moistened and get ready for make up. I don't recommend it as a night cream because I fee it doesn't give your skin much nutrition but just hydration.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is very nice and moisturizing, sinks in fast, and does not feel greasy or heavy at all. Now that I am on retinoids, this stings my face so I cannot use it anymore. However, I will definitely repurchase this once I am off the retinoids. The only con is that the packaging is very unhygenic, and it is rather pricey.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

For so long my skin just hasn't been 'right'. I have tried numerous serums and oils to try and fix it and whaddyaknow, all it wanted was a good moisturiser.
Winter takes a toll on everyone's face. But this cream has solved my problems (loss of radiance, plumpness and enlarged pores)

It's really nice. Like nice, but in the nicest way possible.

It isn't directed as an anti- aging product. So I guess we'll leave the serums and oils to take care of that.

Skin has returned to its plump, even - toned and hydrated self. It doesn't take long to see effects.

My favourite cream to date!

Excellent product and HG for me.

This cream is wonderful. Rich and hydrating without being greasy. Never irritating. Never clogs my pores. And it's lighter on my skin than the Ultra Facial Moisturizer, weird but true. My combo-oily skin just loves this. I hate running out because it's a little bit pricey, but worth it!

This is one of my staples. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I regularly change my skincare products around and am by no means a loyalist when it comes to any skincare or beauty brands and so generally I'm not biased towards any product and give all of them a pretty fair chance at the get-go. On this note, I have a love/hate relationship with most of Kiehl's products (and believe me, I've tried nearly all of them), but this moisturizer can probably be considered close to HG status in terms of hydrating and improving my overall skin texture.

I have pretty erratic but normal skin, at the best of times I don't get any pimples and it's just average (i.e. neither oily nor dry), at the worst I break out suddenly in little random bumps across my face (these are not so bad, they are never big and pus-like, and are usually either hormonal or an allergic reaction to a new product) and have dry patches around my cheeks and on my nose.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream has been one of those moisturizers that have always produced consistently great results for me but just kind of fade into the background the minute I get bored with my skincare regimen and its products. That being said, it has always been a reliable moisturizer in that I never break out when I use it, and it always manages to hydrate my skin and makes my pores and lines appear less visible (I don't know why but I'm guessing this is due to how 'plump' my skin looks and feels after I use it). Makeup application is always smoother after I use this cream too, and I don't even have to use much of the cream per application - a little goes a long way.

I know this cream is meant to be used as an all round moisturizer, meaning it can be used for day and/or night, but as a day cream I find it far too thick and rich to use in the hot and humid climate I live in and I also feel it just sits like a greasy mess on my face when I use it in the morning as it isn't absorbed into the skin immediately. So when some people say that this cream doesn't absorb well, I kind of get where they're coming from - it doesn't absorb quickly and can be quite greasy when you first apply it. However, when used as a night cream, by the time I wake up in the morning and observe my skin, I always feel it is far more supple and well hydrated than from the night before - perhaps it's just one of those creams that act a bit more slower and needs quite a number of hours to actually seep into the layers of the skin before its effects are noticeable?

I also love the smell of this moisturizer, it's not overpowering at all and quite delicate (almost nonexistent), and the cooling touch of the cream when first placed on my skin is always welcoming. So while I continue on my hunt for a HG daytime moisturizer and may get distracted by other new products in the market, at least I know that the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is there in the background, ready to prove its worthiness to me yet again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Oh wow. This is by far the best moisturizer I have ever tried.
I have been looking for something that really hydrates without making the skin greasy and this is just the perfect product for that. It's super soft and easy to apply, it absorbs quickly.
I often wake up with dry, red and flaky cheeks but if I apply this at night, in the morning my cheeks are actually ok and it's like this product brings the redness and irritation down.

It's definitely worth a try on sensitive skins, and Khiels are a brand that strongly believe in samples, unlike some other places.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is the bomb shizzles. I think most of the negative reviews are because of scooping out too much product. This product is a moisturiser, not designed to get "absorbed" into you skin like a serum or essence. It is supposed to act as a barrier between your skin and external elements, helping to effectively lock the moisture in. And I think it does that extremely well, WITHOUT breaking me out. And I've tried everything drugstore even brands like Pai etc, nothing else is as gentle and effective on my skin as this is. With a little bit of experimentation, you'll be able to find the right quantity of this product you need for your skin. I still need to blot mid day, but I'm happy with the overall softening and protecting effect is has on my skin.

My face does not absorb this product well at all...disappointed

Gave into the hype and bought the Ultra Facial Cream. Feel like a lot is needed to go a long way, but with that being said, if you use too much it leaves a really greasy and oily film on your face, and takes a bit of time to absorb.
Makes my face feel tingly after use and worsens the redness on my face. I feel like it is slightly irritating, and definitely is inappropriate for all skin types. It does moisturise, but does not have the ideal properties I believe to be in a good moisturiser, and especially for the price point.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Actual Rating 3.5

This is a bit of a hard product to review. I was halfway through my usual moisturizer and read online rave reviews about the free consultations at Kiehl's. Ended up leaving with a tub of this and 4 free samples in total from Kiehl's and, being the intelligent skin expert that I am, decided to use all of them together and completely dump out my usual routine. Safe to say my skin was not happy. I don't know if my initial negative reaction to this cream was because of that or not, just keep that in mind.

The first time i put it on my face stung and tingled. A LOT. I was kind of disturbed and worried. I also put way too much and the tiny tub it comes in (cosidering i didnt get to buy a spatula and only used my fingers) troubled me. Very unhygienic packaging and far more difficult to ration than the average squeeze bottle. Within a week I was sprouting a ton of painful mini pimples and had reverted back to my usual skin routine and was prepared to give this product a hell of a review.

Then my original moisturizer ran out a few weeks later and had already spent way more on this single tub than i did when i bought my cleanser, toner and acne peel combined, so for the sake of not wasting cash, I forced myself to use it again. Some of the stinging returned -mind you- but definitely not as bad as before and my skin broke out a little but once again, not as much as before. A month later and my skin had no reaction and seems to love it. Especially since I've been using this new stronger acne scar treatment, I got from a dermatologist, that drys out my face like crazy. So much so that if I forget to use this moisturizer a day my face will be visibly dry and begin to peel).

Strange turn of events. I hated so many things about this product but now cant go a few days without it. Practically all negative feedback is gone. Only complaint left is that, even with a sterilized spatula, the container is still very unhygienic.