September 22, 2014 | 1019 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Fountainbleu Eye Shadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very average color and generally unimpressive. I am NW20 w/hazel eyes & dark hair & this e/s looked like a mid tone navy blue on me. It is a frost but MAC described it as a duo chrome w/pink sheen. There was no pink sheen present in the e/s I got. The quality was okay, pigmentated, (I always pack my e/s on w/a standard e/s applicator) smooth in texture but the overall color was very disappointing. I got this in swap so I didn't pay $13.50 (but of course I had to trade something of similar value) but when I look at this e/s I am sure that I could have found something at the drugstore for under $4.00 that would be just as unimpressive for a fraction of the price. As this is a LE e/s it only comes in the standard MAC pot form. I definitely would not purchase this color again nor would I recommend anyone else purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very unimpressive in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautster

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A lovely, cornflower blue, not at all greeny. So versatile: I use it in the outer corners of the eye as a shader, with Vanilla as a base and Relaxing on the lid between crease and lashes; or, if I want to go for a more casual look, I wear it alone on the whole lid, with or without Vanilla as a base. I like that it's not too brash when you first apply it; it's subtle and doesn't shriek "BLUE!", it blends well in my experience, and also it's layer-able if I'm in the mood for something brighter. Shame it's LE - I've already bought 2 more for back-up ;) !

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Blahble

Fountainbleu is a frost, gorgeous cornflower blue with pink duo-chrome (I missed seeing that) which shows up waaay too sheer for decent usage. Summer Neutral, In Living Pink and Relaxing have much better textures to work with, rich and velvety (sp?). This is the only shadow I was excited about prior to the Sundressing release date, but it's the one that has disappointed me the most. I've only tried it twice, but already I can see the beautiful colour does not make up for the amount of time I spend trying to get this shadow to show up well or just look good. Since I passed on Iris Print I thought this would make up for it, but just like IP I should've just sucked it up and moved on. Briefly, I'm returning Fountainbleu for a backup of Summer Neutral (I hope they still have it!) because I can use Cornflower pigment instead and get the same effect, if not better. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by amby069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very unimpressed with this color. It lacked any oomph. The only way I thought it looked pretty was with Softwash grey pigment on top. I'm not a big fan of blue shadows, but this one definitely was not a stand out in this collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was also used on me for my sundressing makeover. It's an ok color a little sheer takes alot to be really show the blue. on me it went on a little more grey.
I wouldn't buy again hopefully i will actually wear this. if not up for swap it goes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its pretty but not great. Im still trying to find what to pair it with. ITs okay. Wouldnt buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a limited edition shadow from the Sundressing Collection released May 2006. Fountainbleu is a cornflower blue with a slight purpley undertone to it. Its very sheer. a little too sheer in my opinion. You really need alot to get this to show up. I dont find this to be particularly outstanding. Retails for $13.50. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Fountainbleu is a Frost formula, but it's not one of the really shimmery frosts. It is a periwinkle blue with a pink sheen to it. Very soft, pretty wearable color. I don't wear blues very much (they just don't look nice on my coloring-NW20-25, hazel eyes, medium reddish brown hair), but Fountainbleu works for me. It has a medium amount of pigment, that can be built up nicely if you use a base with it. I have over 400 Mac e/s, but none are even close to this eyeshadow color.