July 29, 2014 | 2098 users online

Toners - Earth Science - Clarifying Herbal Astringent

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A lot of astringent have alcohol that dries out the oils in the skin and can be strong. However this is a gentle astringent and doesn't sting on my sensitive skin. It doesn't have a strong smell that astringents usually have as well. It takes off the access residue after cleanser okay too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting this for a while. I love the way toners make my skin feel and I own quite a few (Thayers, Sea Breeze, Neutrogena, Dickinsons's, etc). Each serve their own purpose. This I would say is perfect when my skin is looking congested or when I'm hormonal. It is a tad bit drying initially which is why I reduced a lippie, but my skin adjusted. I experienced no burning or irritation and my skin is oily but sensitive. I have sebaceous filaments on my nose and I am prone to eczema flare-ups. This doesn't bother any of those despite having ingredients like camphor in it. My pores temporarily shrink and look clean. It feels wonderful on the skin and has a slight cooling affect. I found my bottle at my local health food store. Would I buy again? absolutely! I'm thinking of trying the almond/aloe moisturizer next from Earth Science to see how well that pairs with this. So far very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This toner is my all time favourite. I use it after i've cleansed my skin with my Earth Science cleanser with hyaluronic acid. Along with the cleanser I use the Olay rotating brush. I also use my Clinique moisturizer after cleansing and toning, and the combination of these products makes my skin amazing!
I would recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This has some good ingredients for acne, along with some not so good(peppermint is irritant), but though too flowery a scent isn't good either, I couldn't stand the vinegar and peppermint scent. It's like you put salad dressing and mint on your face--ugh. Up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, here's why:

1. Inexpensive (around $10 I think)
2. Feels great, non drying
3. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
4. Reduces the visibility of my pores
5. Helps keep my skin clear (in conjunction with a good cleanser and non pore-clogging moisturizer)
6. Seems to reduce oil production

I haven't always used a toner because I haven't seen much of a benefit to most of the toner products I've used in the past, and many of them have irritated my skin and increased oil production. This product does only great things for my skin, and nothing bad. It's a real diamond in the rough for folks with sensitive, oily or oily/combo skin. I don't usually come on here and rave about products unless I've used them for several months and really, truly think they're worth every penny. This is worth it.

All that said, it does have some herbal ingredients which may irritate your particular skin, it just depends.

Update: I've moved to a much drier climate, leaving my combo skin more on the dry side, although still somewhat break out prone. I stopped using this for awhile because I thought it would dry out my skin in these conditions, but after a month or so of dull-looking skin, I added it back into my routine and voila, good skin again. I can't stress how much I love this product, it's my secret weapon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Rowenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with other reviewers that it's not a miracle product, but it is good and non irritating. I have noticed that my skin is somewhat clearer, however. I have very sensitive skin and this does not bother me at all. I find it to be very hydrating and use it as a light moisturizer in the PM, since my skin is quite oily. I am thrilled to have found something that will not break me out or cause oiliness, but hydrates overnight. I just spray a little more than usual on and let it sit on the skin till it soaks in. I have had no breakouts, rashes or flushing from this product. The price is good, and the bottle is a nice size. I can get it in the organic section of my local grocery store, so that's pretty convenient. My only complaint is that no matter what spray bottle I put it in, it always comes out as a heavy squirt (never a fine mist), so I can't use it as a touch up/setting spray for makeup. I'm sure it has something to do with the ingredients, but I think the ingredients are great, so I'd rather they not change anything. Perhaps I'll try another Earth Science product for that purpose. Also the smell is pretty medicinal, but I'd prefer that over added fragrance which is not good for my skin. The smell fades completely once it absorbs.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by skyla80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this alcohol-free toner after cleansing with ES Clarifying Facial Wash. It's not a miracle product, but my skin does feel better when I'm using it consistently as part of my skin-care regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by liliesandsunshine

I wanted a toner that would help with acne so I could skip a step with applying salicylic acid in the morning. Luckily, I found ES Clarifying Herbal Astringent and I credit it for contributing to my currently (mostly) blemish-free face by restoring a correct amount of moisture back. It also has an awesome ingredient list: witch hazel extract, apple cider vinegar, sulfur, and zinc sulfate for acne/oil control + allantoin and hyaluronic acid for moisture. I subtracted one lippie because I'm still getting use to its texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by GoVeganGo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this toner. I'm crazy about the smell...usually that isn't a deciding factor for me when determining whether or not to continue using a product, but this toner's smell, in addition to its gentle cleansing and purifying, is fabulous. I love the way my face feels after using it. The price is definitely reasonable for the amount you receive because it lasts a long time. I wash my face with Earth Science Clarifying Cleanser, then use this toner and then, in the mornings, follow with Avalon's Vitamin C oil-free moisurizer. In the evenings, I follow the toner with avocado oil instead. Fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Breadsox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a witch-hazel based toner with no alcohol - and this is the winner! It also contains apple cider vinegar and Hyaluronic acid, which I love. It's also a lot cheaper than a lot of toners out there. Very nice toner.