Chanel Rouge Allure 11 Surprise

on 10/16/2007 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I am asian with moderate fair skin. It fits me really well to give me a natural pinkish stain. The texture made my lips looked smooth and full. I luv luv luv the packaging. Totally slick, sophisticated and glamourous. I always feel soooo glam when I whip it out to reapply. The click makes it unique too. I am getting the rouge allure in many other colours. I like the texture so much, it's gonna be a staple in my make up arsenal.

on 3/15/2007 3:41:00 PM

A pretty silvery mauve with a lot of microshimmer. I got "Sexy" for the winter, a reddish berry, and this shade would work well for summer, though it is a tad too violet on my lips and would probably choose something with more pink. But all in all, an excellent cool shade for my pale colouring. Oh well, a good excuse for another purchase.

on 6/8/2006 7:59:00 PM

I love this one! I'm usually not a huge lipstick fan (more of a gloss person), but I wanted a lipstick that was really moisturising and didn't feel dry, but didn't have too much colour. This is perfect - surprise if a berry type of colour on my lips, it goes on nice and smooth and still feels moist. The colour goes on quite sheer but you can build it up to a more dramatic colour. Packaging is so cute and classy looking! I love playing with the clicky top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My search for a replacement for the discontinued Hydrabase Nš 11 Sirene lead me to this lipstick. Part of the new Rouge Allure line, Surprise is a very pretty soft, silvery mauve. The shade contains some micro-shimmer, enough so that it looks creamy, not frosty. The lipstick itself is excellent quality: moist and smooth. It does not seem to be fragranced, unlike the Hydrabase line, but the "taste" is reminiscent of another lipstick, possibly Wet'n'Wild. The new tube design is fun to play with and, in typical Chanel style, no stone is left unturned when it comes to placement of the interlocking Cs: there is even one at the bottom of the inside of the black case. Granted, Surprise is no dead ringer for Sirene - it lacks the gold and is slightly more on the purple side -, but it is still a gorgeous mauve. (Interestingly enough, though, it is also nš 11 in the Rouge Allure line.) Would definitely repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks