The Body Shop Vitamin C Cleansing Face Polish

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/6/2015 5:37:00 PM

Personally, this is just a "meh" product for me. It isn't bad, but it isn't quite good either.

Pros:
+ Squeeze-tube packaging is convenient and easy to use.
+ Has a light, fresh citrus scent that I don't find to be overpowering.
+ The exfoliating granules are smaller and more refined than other products I have tried that use granules.
+ Skin feels baby soft and does appear somewhat brighter after use (but don't use it more than 2-3 times a week to prevent irritation!).

Cons:
+ Do NOT use this product if you have acne and/or open sores on the face, as this product will irritate.
+ If you have sensitive skin, the artificial fragrance would irritate it (I personally have normal skin but heard about this issue from friends with sensitive skin).
+ The price ($20.00 CAN) is quite steep for the amount (2.5 FL oz) and quality of the product.

Final Thoughts:
All-in-all, this product does exfoliate the skin well and does make the skin appear fresh and awake. However, I cannot justify this purchase because I feel that drugstore exfoliators (such as the St. Ives apricot exfoliating scrub or the microdermabrasion system from Neutrogena) work just as well for a much lower price.

on 4/6/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, this stuff might NOT meant to be for everyone.

Why?

Because if you have active pimples on your face, this stuff will aggravate them. So, i suggest to avoid or postpone using this stuff if you have acnes until your face is acne-free.

When your face is free from pimples, it will be more likely to work best for you.

Ok, so let's start with the things i love from this stuff:

+ It brightens and illuminates your skin. It has rich orange beads that exfoliate dead skin cells on your face quite well so that it prevents you from dullness.
+ it makes your face fresh and clean. It removes dirt and excess sebum pretty well.
+ it doesn't cause breakout (if you have no pimples, it won't create a new one. But if you do have pimples, like i said, it will make them even worse)
+ it doesn't feel drying
+ it is relatively mild considering it's a daily facial cleansing that comes with scrub.
+ my skin is unbelievably sensitive. It can easily detect whether a skincare product uses unsafe chemical ingredients or not. If it does, then my skin will indicate an allergic reactions which can be breakouts, redness or enlarged pores. But this one doesn't give me any signals of those reactions, so i suppose it contains safe and natural ingredients (which the brand is renowned for).
+ in long-term use, it helps to fade acne scars. I think it's because of the favor for its exfoliation property.

And let's move on to the downsides:

- will give negative outcomes for people with active acnes
- for an everyday use, it will be used up for about a month or so. So, i guess it's quite pricey. I guess it's the only thing that makes me consider whether to repurchase or not.

Overall, i am satisfied and happy to try this one out and i have more tendency to repurchase :D

on 3/22/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I received it as a Christmas gift and I'm glad I did because I would have never bought it for myself. I was worried that it would be too abrasive for every day use but I can hardly even feel the scrub, which is fine by me. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not too dry, and I find the smell very refreshing. In the depths of winter it dried me out a little bit but nothing that a good moisturizer couldn't fix. Highly recommend!

on 1/14/2015 5:09:00 AM

I have used this product for a few years now and am still impressed by it. I feel it keeps my spots at bay and gives my face a lovely glow after I use it. It lasts ages as well if you use a pea sized amount and lather it with some water. I do feel it can be quite drying after use but nothing a good moisturizer doesn't sort out!

on 11/2/2014 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

used everything in this line and i absolutely hated it. broke me out and gave me irritation.

on 10/10/2014 5:58:00 PM

Love this! My favorite cleanser ever!!! I have used 3 tubes of it already

on 6/7/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. This is my second bottle! When you pay attention to your nose whilst rubbing it in, it really makes your nose soft, which is normally bumpy because of large pores. I also love the smell, it really wakes me up in the morning. To achieve the best results, really rub the product into your face for a couple minutes.

on 4/15/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like this product gets all my makeup off. I bought it because I am a fan of TBS Vitamin C microdermabrasion and skin boosting serum. I have oily skin and wear a decent amount of makeup, so at the end of the day I prefer a cleanser more thorough than this one.

on 4/6/2014 5:22:00 PM

Not great. Smells synthetic. Full of chemicals. Grainy texture- not good for the skin- very irritating. If you want exfoliation try a chemical AHA instead

on 3/14/2014 11:21:00 PM

i'm in a love-hate relationship with this product. yes, my face is well-cleansed and make it more radiant as it claimed, and doing a good job at waking me up in the morning, and it leaving a fresh feeling on my face after washing. but i think the microbeads is a bit harsh for everyday use, and somehow it makes me break out sometimes with a small acne on my forehead. i think i'd repurchase this till i find a better one.