Desert Essence Daily Replenishing Tea Tree Shampoo with Organic Tea Tree Oil

3.9

Not tested on animals

Purified water, cocamide MEA, organic melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, orbignya oleifera (babassu) seed oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, (geranium) maculatum oil, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower oil, sodium salt, methylparaben and citric acid.

on 6/24/2013 10:25:00 PM

I hated the Coconut shampoo, but actually liked this shampoo and found it to be less drying. My scalp really likes tea tree oil. I only stopped using this because it specifically says not to use on colored hair, and I went from highlights to coloring with demi's.

on 4/7/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is very average for my needs. The price was decent for the amount you get, and the squeeze bottle format is great for wet hands (it is just a bit difficult to open with a wet thumb for me, but doable). The look of the no-nonsense packaging could definitely use some work, too. The shampoo works fairly well as a citrifier, which is what i purchased it for. It removes build-up fairly well and leaves the scalp feeling tingly. The smell is very strongly of tea tree, living up to its name. I won't purchase again, as there are better citrifiers on the market, even if I have to pay a bit more. continued >>

on 6/14/2011 1:55:00 AM

Great product. Keeps my scalp feeling nice and clean. Does not dry out my hair at all. I balance this out by using Desert Essence's Coconut Conditioner. An amazing combination~ :D

on 2/10/2010 9:37:00 AM

This winter the Head and Shoulders just wasn't cutting it. My scalp was always itchy. I decided to try this and no more itch. It isn't very moisturizing even with the conditioner, especially if you have color treated hair. I just scrunch in some silicone cream into the ends. I like it well enough and wasn't surprised by the smell, that's just tea tree. Would repurchase.

on 6/14/2009 10:36:00 PM

I need a shampoo that will combat dandruff and not dry out my very dry hair. This is a great treatment shampoo for me. It helps my scalp and washes my hair nicely.

on 12/13/2008 2:50:00 PM

Normally I use Giovanni's TTTT. I now have a pixie cut and use a ton of pomade, and this shampoo does a way better job of removing that. It has a slightly more medicinal smell, but that does not bother me. I took off one lippie because it is a tad drying.

on 1/20/2008 4:01:00 PM

just got this stuff with the conditioner and i like it a lot. my hair is naturally brown. no dye and i never blow dry it. so it works very good for me.I love the smell of tea tree oil so it doesn't bother me. it feels like it really cleans your hair and like it could take product from your hair off easily. i'll keep buying the shampoo and conditoner (:

on 4/28/2007 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this shampoo with the daily replenishing conditioner, and I am happy with them both. My hair is curly/wavy and thick, and I haven't been able to find a styling product that makes it look the way I want, but the Desert Essence products definitely make it managable. The real benefit of this shampoo, though, is what it doesn't do. I have very sensitive, very acne-prone skin, and I am bothered by a lot of fragrances and chemicals (especially the SLSs). This shampoo keeps my scalp from being itchy and irritated, and it doesn't make my face break out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm kind of undecided on this, it's not terrible but it definitely isn't as good as I had hoped for. It sounds great, but it strips your hair pretty bad for something that doesn't have lauryl/laureth sulfates! The smell is kind of icky but oh well. It does get my hair clean and detangles pretty good, I just wish it would moisturize better.