April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Shinest Cassis

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very, very nice! It's a complex medium-deep pink with berryish and/or fuchsia tendencies, without being garish (I can't deal with garishness); I may detect a very faint coral touch in the color as well, so I would call it almost a "balanced" color except that it is lively and mostly toward the blue side, not the yellow side. There is light microglitter, and the texture is smooth, buttery, and soothing. This lipstick reminds me a little bit of Vincent Longo lipstains in terms of the texture, BUT, the Longo items don't have the microglitter, and the colors are a different range. Dior seems to like a lot of bright pinks, much as Chanel does. (Interesting.) Somehow, on my very first try with Dior (for years), I picked a winner!! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Shiniest Cassis is similar to Sophisto from MAC. Its a shimmery berry pink with a gold shimmer to it. So gorgeous.