Estee Lauder Pure White Linen

3.9

on 4/28/2015 9:44:00 PM

UGH. This stuff is rank. Does not agree with my chemistry at all. I bought an adorable mini from ebay, having remembered liking White Linen in the 80s. At first spray seemed like a pretty generic floral, clean-type scent. As time wore on however, the sharp high-pitch of the "fragrance" gave me a dull headache and the aroma of my dearly departed grandma. Don't get me wrong, I can imagine this would be inoffensive to smell on someone else, but on my person, it is nausea inducing. On a side note, It's funny how you can enjoy a fragrance but be unable to wear it. I have found this to be true with "Flower by Kenzo". Adore the scent, but simply cannot wear it. Pure White Linen, I definitely do NOT adore, and definitely will not wear again. It kind of spoiled my day a little, to be quite honest.

on 3/21/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I first tried Pure White Linen after I rubbed the infused paper strip from Vanity Fair Magazine on my wrist. I bought the small bottle and really loved it. One time I walked into an antiques shop and when I went to leave the proprietor complimented me on the fragrance. I was afraid that meant it was too strong, but she said "Trust me. That is very good." Shortly thereafter I visited my kindergarten teacher daughter at her school. I noticed a larger bottle of Pure White Linen on her shelf. She told me another teacher received it from one of her students and "hated it." I asked my daughter if she planned to use it, she said No, and out the door I went with this $70+ bottle of perfume. (Can't imagine it as a teacher gift unless a mother re-gifted it.) At any rate, I have now worn this fragrance for several years and feel it is light enough not to overpower people around me and have received several compliments.

on 6/9/2014 10:57:00 PM

Pure White Linen is a classic, lovely smelling fragrance. The scent is unbelievably classy. Those that say it smells like bug spray are sadly mistaken. Keep in mind fragrance smells different on everyone. You really need to spray it on and let it mix with your body chemistry. It smells so clean and classy that it makes me feel beautiful even on my worst days.

on 5/22/2013 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought the minis set of Estee Lauder and hated all of them, its so boring and smells like old lady, There's nothing exciting about this perfume at all

on 1/5/2013 12:48:00 PM

I received this as a sample. It worn it a lot during the summer time and it's a light summer scent. I cant really describe the scent except that it reminds me of the summer and sailing.

on 12/31/2012 4:47:00 PM

This is the perfume my mum wears- I steal it constantly! It's certainly a 'signature' perfume, with excellent longevity on the skin. It 's supposed to be a modern interpretation of White Linen, but I don't really see that. Its dry and soapy lily accord gives a feeling of purity, of the cool breeze, and immaculate white clothes. Overall it's very pleasan, classy and long lasting!

on 12/29/2012 10:57:00 PM

On me, this smells exactly like the old Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion

on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my new favorite scent! After accidently buying White Linen (which is not to my taste at all - personal preference, no offence to anyone that likes it :)) I was so happy! Non offensive, crisp, clean and sexy! A refreshing change from my usual J'adore.

Edit: I ended up selling this. I now find it boring and the scent fades way to fast.

on 10/2/2012 2:19:00 PM

I LOVE this fragrance! It starts out like clean laundry. Very breezy and nice even though it's a bit strong. The dry-down for me is COMPLETELY different. It's summery sweet and smells like raspberries. It's soooo beautiful. Perfect for a bride. The lasting power is amazing as well. The scent changes so much but it just gets better and better! ...a little spendy for such a tiny bottle though

on 9/13/2012 2:51:00 AM

I received this edp as a gift not too long ago. My initial thoughts about this edp when i first tried it on is that it has a light floral and very grassy scent. I used it several times and then stopped for awhile as i get bored of it. Last night,however,i decided to give PWL another go and after a while,i thought it smells like Oceanus from the Body Shop! Strange..maybe its just me i guess. But last night's experience somehow changed my opinion on PWL.I think i really love it.

P.S- Oceanus was one of my fave scent although sadly, it has been discontinued. :-(

Popular Fragrances