April 19, 2014 | 1048 users online

Polishes - New York Color - Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Luxury Lime 110

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Luxury Lime is a relativley bright lime green polish with a sheen to it -- not chunky glitter, but enough tiny sparkles to give a nice slightly yellowy holographic effect.
Alone, this looks straight up disgusting. I've applied over 3 coats and I cannot get it to be opaque. It just looks like I have sickly green nails. Seriously, it looks gross. I figured I had no use for this so I stuck it to the back of my drawer.
Then one day I realized I had a few neon lime polishes that look a little flat on their own, and thought that maybe this would spice up those shades a little. And it does! I just apply one coat of this over a lime or chartreuse polish and the shimmer and sheen looks really gorgeous. This is an easy polish to work with -- it's a little runny, but it applies pretty evenly with only minimal streaking. This is not gloopy thick and it doesn't bubble, thank goodness.
I do really like the effect it gives over certain polishes, but it's unfortunate that I have so little use for this (since I only have about 2 shades this looks good over). I've seen this swatched as a polish alone and other people seem to be able to make it opaque and quite pretty. Maybe I got a dud bottle? I don't know, but I just cannot wear this alone. I'll use it up, but I wouldn't repurchase. But overall, N.Y.C. makes some really great high-quality polishes for only about $2!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by diva51048

I love this colour! I love odd brights and got this on sale at .99 CAD! So, I decided to give it a go, and it was great! 2 coats and it showed up the bottle colour! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 11:35:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

I'm not quite sure what possessed me to buy this, because it's not a color I think I'd actually wear! :) But hey, at NYC's prices, I can afford to go "ooh, shiny greeeeen!" and buy it, anyway.

It's a light green with faint teal and yellow shimmer—really more of an avocado/pistachio green than a lime green due to its yellow tones. It is somewhat sheer, so it takes at least three coats to get the bottle color. I can see this working well as a layering polish, as it applies quite evenly. Nice quality, especially considering the CAD$1.49 price tag. I said I'd repurchase, though I doubt I'll ever use this (up).

Pics:NailsSwatch continued >>