October 22, 2014 | 1881 users online

Polishes - New York Color - Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Broadway Burgundy 116

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Sapphirecoqui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color!!! It's great for all year round. It's glittery, but with a subtle touch. It's very beautiful. It reminds me of China Glaze's, Ruby Slippers, which is another of my faves. This one seems a bit more brighter, but not by much. It could be a dupe for Ruby Slippers. For .99 cents, it's a steal!!! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Such a fun color. The shimmer is really fine so you almost miss it. For 99 cents, this isn't bad at all. It chipped a lot even with topcoat, but not any more than any other polish. In fact, I found this much less streaky than other, more expensive polishes I've used. You def need at least 2 coats or it looks more magenta, but with 2 or 3 it really develops into a gorgeous red.
Btw--layered this over black polish and its AWESOME.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

Lovely, bright, cool toned red that reminds me of jelly apples, aka candy apples to others. Sheer and magenta-red in one coat (and too streaky for one which is the norm for most polishes in my experience), you get opacity in 2 coats. However, 3 coats really brings it to life showcasing the warm red micro glitter which really borders on shimmer ( they're that small).

This does not need another color under, works very well on its own, though is also good for layering over other shades. Beautiful shade for winter, great cheap thrill as it cost a mere 99 cents (U.S). I have only worn bright reds as pedicures. I wear nudes or deep burgundy/wine shades on my hands yet I wear this shade on my hands and its mesmerizing! Be forewarned, not a shade for wallflowers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous red jelly with red micro glitter. I have no idea why this is called a burgundy. It's not really a deep red imo and the glitter is only really obvious in bright light as the previous reviewer mentioned. Opaque in 2-3 coats but even better over another polish. I've found it can be made varying shades of red depending on what you layer it over. On white it's a bright red and over pink it's mid tone red, but over a dark red or black it's a deep vampy red like it's name implies. Dries super glossy which I love because I can skip a top coat if I'm in a hurry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Broadway Burgundy Frost is a misnomer because this certainly is not a frost. What it is, is a burgundy pink jelly base with bright red glitter. The glitter is just large and plentiful enough that it makes the polish look bright red in natural light and in flash photography. I'm tagging it red because that's what it ends up looking like. The jelly base is also thin enough that if you touch your nail after the polish, you can feel the particles of shimmer so use a top coat to smooth it out and keep it from chipping.

Application was easy; it is a thin polish but I found it easy to control. It is sort of sheer despite the richness of the color so a coat of a red, pink, or black base might be a good idea. Also, more coats just creates better and better color in my opinion and considering the first coat's color is gorgeous, this is only an improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous deep slightly shimmery burgundy that always gets me compliments when I wear it. Does chip fast though. For its price, you can get a decent polish that looks great with a little work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful color--one of the few reds I'll wear--but it's the only NYC color that chips on me like woah, even with a topcoat. Hence, I can't rate it highly and I wouldn't buy it again. I will definitely use up my current bottle, though, because it's opaque with a single coat, costs a mere $1, and isn't streaky or goopy. I wish I could rate this polish higher, but the major chipping makes it impossible for me to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Bolesie75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the formula for this product. I only used one coat and it came out quite opaque. Make sure to use a top coat though because it chips really quick on its own! I wouldn't go so far as to claim that it is "long-wearing" as the package states. I had it on for 2 days and it was chipping already.
Overall it is a good polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color!! I'm drawn to this kind of color every fall/winter. Goes so well with my coolish skintone. I always get compliments with this. Base, 2 coats, top coat and wears for 4 days, pretty good for how cheap it is. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by IceIceBubby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this color!
It always looks good for any occasion