October 22, 2014 | 2089 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Active Naturals Continuous Protection Spray - SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm actually considering buying the newer SPF 70 continuous spray next time, but I digress -

Let's start off with the pros. I have very fair skin and I do not like to tan at all because it always leaves me with sunspots and freckles.Even a lot of high SPF suncreens allow my color to change. This stayed put for hours, with no freckles, redness, or tan. It also kept the sun from stinging my sensitive skin. It stayed put even with exposure to water and sweating.It's very easy to apply and I am able to cover hard to reach spots more easily.
In addition to this, it doesn't irritate my skin the way some sunscreens do.

As for the cons, the first is the smell. It's highly fragranced, and when you spray it you need to be in a well-ventilated area because it makes the air stuffy. The scent stays around. While it's not bad, I find it interferes with any other scented product I want to use, so much so that it has made people around me sneeze.

When I ran out of this, I purchased Alba green tea sun block, which is supposed to be water resistant, but always seems to melt right off of me and I am getting spots on my arms. I think I will go back to the Aveeno for now becuase nothing has worked better for me so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great formula but terrible packaging. I cannot push the sprayer down hard enough to get anything to come out--very hard to control. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have 2 of these floating around at the same time. we LOVE them. i have 2 lil ones and we use this ANY time. they have sensitive very pale skin. its awesoem. no weird rashes or breakouts, which def. has happened b4. and i actually have the SPF45 since i do use this on my kiddies. but they spray WOW, is all i can say. my 2 yr old does squel when it goes on, cuz it is in the cold dept. lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

On the plus side: very easy to apply, dries quickly. When I'm in a hurry to get going in the morning, I just spray this stuff all over my exposed skin and rub it in before I head out the door (ok, I know you're supposed to apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going outdoor, but I tend to forget).
On the negative: c-c-c-cold! I'm not used to a spray sunscreen and it feels so freezing against my skin when I apply it. Aveeno has great products and this one is fine too but personally I don't like how cold it feels when you put it on. I get cold easily, so in the future, when I'm done with this can, I will just stick to the lotion version.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by daydreamer247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product! I am incredibly pasty-white, so I purchased this in SPF 45. This is my first experience with a spray sunblock, and I appreciated the ease of use. It goes on quickly and evenly and has a quite pleasant scent. I tend to get sunburned on my head where I part my hair, and this product made it easy to spray there, but did not make my hair greasy. Also, I just came back from Las Vegas and I applied the sunscreen once in the morning, and needed no application for the remainder of the day...and no sunburn!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by meiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 45. I like it because it is oil-free and waterproof. I'm not sure about non-greasy part since it seems to me that after I put this, my skin looks shiny. Smell is kind of strong for me and I hate to inhale this when I'm applying, so I try to do it out at the porch or balcony. However, it is easy to apply- spray works fine for me, and easy to carry. 'Natural soy and vitamins C and E' is a plus. I'd buy this again IF I can't find anything better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

This sunscreen is not stable and has a very low PPD (less than 5 I think), which is suprising, since it's from a respected skin care line and contains avobenzone. I am very disappointed in that. However, on to the product. I like the clean smell and the ease of application, however that's all I like about it. It has this slimey, "dry oil" feeling to it and it leaves the skin very shiney. I can't even spray it on the backs of my hands before going out because it makes my hands feel really dirty. Would not recommend. I am sure there are better spray on sunscreens out there, and I plan on finding them =).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm African American (yes we burn too!) and fair-skinned and with summer here I was in search of a good sunscreen since I tend to burn very easily in direct sunlight. Not wanting to do Coppertone again because of a bad sunburn I got last summer, I found this is Target and I've since used this sunscreen twice and both times I did not get a sunburn. I sprayed it on about 20 minutes before I went out, and even though it smelled a little funny at first the smell quickly disappeared after a few moments. It did get a little oily after awhile when I was outside in the heat but what sunscreen doesn't? For the price and the results, I was pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by n0nplusultra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is one of the better sunscreens you can find at the drugstore. I have serious porcelain colored skin and I try my hardest to maintain that as well as protecting my many tattoos from the sun. This sunscreen is very easy to apply - just spray and go. I don't have any problems with the scent either... it is kinda citrusy without the nasty sunscreen smell. I went swimming this weekend and it protected me well. I did not get any burns. I will keep using this throughout the summer and give an update later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 1:10:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This feels oddly watery and oily at the same time, but the texture is light and absorbs right away. It provides okay protection, though I only use it on my body. I really, really don't like the scent. It's strange and not too pleasant. I think I'll just go back to L'Oreal's sunscreens for my body, as they are unscented.