KMS California Add Volume blow dry lotion

4.4

on 8/24/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product last year but forgot to write a review about it. I am still currently finishing using this product. I'm almost done, but overall, I think this product is 'OK'. The product is a gel type texture and is green. It's a bit thick as well so spraying it is a little difficult as it doesn't come out of the nozzle very smoothly. I find that because the product is a bit thick, it creates build up on the nozzle and it gets sticky that after how many uses, it gets more difficult to spray and it's a smooth 'mist'. The product itself does volumize. I apply a few sprays to my hair and it does create volume after I blow dry my hair. However, if you spray too much, rather than creating volume, you're hair gets sticky and very difficult to brush out as there's too much product. I apply this after I towel-dry my hair and leave it on for a few minutes before blow drying my hair upside down. The product itself works OK but I'm still looking for a good volumizing spray that doesn't feel tacky or sticky with a better spray mist. I'd prefer not a gel type texture. There a light scent to the product but can't pinpoint as to what the scent is. It does not aggravate me as the product is in my hair. Would not repurchase.

I have very thin fine hair and I have been using this for years. It does add thickness and volume but I find it very drying. I have been on the search for a new product that doesn't leave my hair desperate for moisture. (my hair is dry on the ends but this seems to make it much much worse) I like that the lotion goes a long way too, more product for the price but I'm not crazy about the packaging. Too much product comes out and I end up wasting a bunch

on 3/22/2015 11:02:00 AM

I have been using this on my straight baby fine hair for about 6 weeks. It is hands down the best volumizer I have ever used and I have tried a lot. I spray it fairly generously on damp hair and blow dry with a round brush. I get height and fullness without stickiness or stiffness. I do set this with Kenra Workable hairspray because the effect will wane over the course of the day. It feels like I have the thicker hair I have always wanted without a lot if extra work. My hair is also not getting "used to it" so it keeps on working. Pleasant scent. Be aware the version I have is more of a spray gel and at first I thought it had frozen in the mail it was so thick looking. I used about half the bottle so far and am repurchasing on Amazon. Also trying shampoo in the same line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff really works!!!!! Plumps up my fine shoulder length hair like crazy. The most impressive part is it adds height and volume at my crown and all over the top of my hair - and I have really long layers. It adds enough texture to my hair so I don't even have to use hairspray!

This shet is good. I had been using the Oribe volumizing spray at my roots, with really very tepid results. I was supplementing with Got2Be Powderful at the roots after I was finished styling (although dry shampoo tends to leave my hair feeling dry). With the KMS I don't need to use the dry shampoo to give my lift at the roots. The KMS does it all beautifully and leaves me softness at the ends and my long layered cut. Fan. A big fan. (Although the first night, after finishing a perfect blow dry, we went to an outdoor party in humid Venice. The sea air ruined my blow out in < 30 minutes and I looked like Medusa the rest of the night. Gah,)

on 3/24/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The best blow dry lotion I have every used! And I have tried hundreds. I have fine, long scandinavian hair, so my hair needs some volume. Altso love the fact that my hair does not get sticky or greasy. After blow drying I lighty teas with a comb and finish with KMS haitstay, and vola! Ready to go. Recommend, will always re purcase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I pay about $16CAD, and I find that quite reasonable for a salon brand... and it lasts a long time because you don't need a lot of it to get full results! I started buying about 2 years ago, strayed a few times, but I keep coming back to it. I took off one point for the packaging because I've had the lid break on me a few times from dropping it. Not a huge deal, but it's not very strong plastic and it sucks when you break it because the lid is actually on the bottom so depending on where the lid breaks, you have to be cautions to not stand it back up the way it's intended, or the product will leak all over the place... and it's happened to me! lol Also, I travel for my job so I have to pack my products up a lot... so ya, when the lid breaks, packing is kind of a crappy situation. I usually end up pouring some of it into another bottle.

But, at the end of the day, it's a great price, lasts a long time, has excellent results.... and i will continue to repurchase! :)

on 12/19/2008 10:06:00 PM

I have very fine, thin hair and this is my favorite blow-dry lotion. It stays manageable during the entire blow-dry session without becoming sticky and stiff, it builds body that lasts overnight, it is weightless and leaves my hair nice and shiny. The ocean scent is divine. The price is also pretty reasonable.

on 4/21/2008 9:06:00 AM

I purchased this product at the urging of the sales associate who told me a lot of stylists use this on their clients. She said it would be a good adjunct to the KMS Hair Play paste that I use on my longish pixie cut. My hair has good density but is very fine and I need volume and softness (my hair is also bleached so is porous) without weighing my hair down. Normally by the end of the day my hair is flat, not so with this and the Hair Play. It has a clear, watery gel constency and I need about the size of a dime. Bottle is a good design as it sits on it's cap so you don't end up having trouble dispensing product.

on 5/6/2006 9:59:00 PM

This is part of the new line-up of KMS products. I got a free sample of this when I went to Mercedes Australian Fashion Week last weekend and have used it a few times in the past week with success.

Although this doesn't add lots of volume to my fine hair I like that it's not packed with silicones and it left my hair feeling very soft and frizz-free. It definitely helped with blow-drying and flat ironing. I will purchase when my sample tube runs out.