October 25, 2014 | 1427 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - golden gloss 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by graceangel1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip gloss. i makes my lips pop out and sparkle with the specks of glitter. It smells good, and looks so good on. I have the golden gloss in 1 and 2. I wear the 2 for evening and the 1 for daytime. Though a bit pricey for a lipgloss it is worth the splurge. I would recommend the pink one for people with fairer skin tones though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

YSL lip glosses are my absolute favourite , love the packaging, love the smell, love the shine and the smooth texture and most of all love how pigmented they are. I got this colour from my brother for christmas among a bunch of other YSL stuff and it is by far my favourite. Its like a pinky brown thats not too dark or light with a goldfish sheen to it, more like a bit of gold sparkles. I actually find it kind of hard to find a lipgloss that is a pinky brown rosy colour its more usual for lipsticks, so this is a great find

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I don't think I would have bought this gloss on my own, if I hadn't seen pictures of it on others and heard so many raves. In the clear tube, it looks like it's going to be *extremely* glittery. And though I can take a bit of shimmer on lips, full on glitter doesn't really work for me.
However, though there is indeed quite a lot of these tiny gold flecks in this gloss, it doesn't seem actually glittery on lips. The particles are smaller than that and the medium opacity of the gloss itself helps to mute them somewhat. This is still on the 'high glamor' side of what I'd wear on my lips, but it *is* within the boundaries of what I think looks good.
I don't really wear this gloss everyday, it's not that I'm saving it, so much as that it's not really my everyday style. I like to wear this when I go out, or if I'm going to be somewhere that a bit more drama is appropriate.
In terms of color, this is a pretty and understated gloss that would suit just about everyone. It's kind of a slightly muted rosey pink with a touch of peachy brown in it. If you want it to seem more pink or more nude, you can change it by applying different lipsticks underneath it, though I have to admit that I'm lazy so I usually wear it on its own.
The texture is smooth and pretty much non-sticky. It lasts a couple hours, and then leaves you with the color pretty much gone, but the shimmer remaining. That's a bit weird, but actually it doesn't look horrible - it's not like you *must* touch up or look like a freak. It can feel slightly gritty if you're really looking for that texture, but I don't notice it particularly on my lips. I don't mind that slight grittyness in a color that can actually prompt others to ask what you're wearing on your lips. My mom and one of my friends have both gone and bought this gloss after seeing me wearing it and trying it out for themselves - and that's a good recommendation!
The mango (or whatever it is) scent isn't ideal, it bothers me more than, for example, the light tea scent of Dior Creme de Gloss, but it doesn't bother me to the point of not wearing this gloss. It fades after a while and you don't really smell it much after you apply it. There is no taste.
One warning - though it's easy to wipe off the color in this gloss, the glitter is tenacious. It remains after the gloss is gone, and if you kiss someone, even if they wipe off any gloss color, they're still going to have glitter remaining!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I'm slightly disapointed with this gloss, the pros first though.
The colour is beautiful, and though there is a mass of gold shimmer in it when it is on your lips it looks like a very shiny golden glow rather than sparkle. The colour is intense and covers the lips well making them look fuller and the sheen really is somethng that has to be seen to be believed. This gloss is not sticky or tacky, the brush applicator is short and fairly firm giving a precise application with just the right amount of product.
The smell is a string watermelon, I couldn't taste it personally, and I can live with the scent but it's definately not my favourite - like Benefits lipglosses but stronger.
Here's where I'm disapointed. The glossiness did not last long at all on me compared to other brands, high and low end - this was the fastest fading shine wise though the colour did last longer. Once the shine has faded it leaves a heavy, tacky, drying feeling on the lips which I found npleasant and kept rolling my lips to check there was still roduct on them. Not long after that the colour fades and then (here's the weird thing) I had totally nude lips that felt dry and had gold sparkles on them - not an attractive look on a 30something.
Another personal dislike is the packaging, I don't like the YSL packaging much, it looks dated and grannyish to me rather than high end chic, so I marked it down for that.
For 20 minutes of sheer beauty the price just isn't worth it, I'd have to reapply about 30 times in a day if this was to be my all day colour and I'd still have dry lips. I'll use this up over a moisturising lipstick or balm and won't be back for more of the golden glosses no matter how seductive they might first appear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by littlepickle

First of all, I was given this by a relative who works at the Yves Saint Laurent counter in Wellington, so I don't get to judge on the price. But I really love this lip gloss. It's a close second to my Touche Brilliance, followed closely by Dior Addict Ultra Gloss. It's not too sticky, glides on, is very flattering, and is glittery without looking like I've stumbled into a 12 year old's make up collection. I marked down the packaging as the gold is starting to chip away at the edges and it doesn't look so pretty. But I've had this for a year or so now, so I guess some chipping is to be expected.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by anner57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rated this a 3 even though I returned it because the color is gorgeous, and I loved it when I first put it on. The smell didn't bother me at first, but within an hour, I had such a bad taste in my mouth that I had to remove the gloss and rinse out my mouth. If you're sensitive to smell, be sure to buy someplace that has a good return policy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Well, I have to say that the actual color of this gloss is HG material for me. I wanted a MLBB rosey mauve gloss with serious gold sparkle, and this truly delivers on these fronts. It has decent enough staying power, nothing super amazing though. I have a few qualms with this though, which is why I took off a lippie. First, the packaging is nice but the plastic feels a little thin and cheap. It's not thick and substantial plastic like Lancome glosses, but instead kind of flimsy. Secondly, I find the scent super overpowering when you initially put on the gloss. It's like some sort of rancid melon. However, the scent fades a minute after you put it on (or at least you get acclimated to it) so it isn't a huge problem. Finally, of course, the price. Even I have pause about a $29 lipgloss. However, if the color is HG I am willing to pay. As I said, I do love this color so I will probably repurchase when I run out, but I will still keep my eyes open for a cheaper, less pungent alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This does nothing for me :( I'm still giving it a 4 though, because it IS such a lovely gloss on it's own merits. The packaging is gorgeous, the gloss in the tube is stunningly beautiful with it's little gold sparkles and the colour of the gloss is really pretty. On me however, the colour is nothing and it wears off very quickly. I also dislike the smell and taste.

I have this up for swap now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by AyalaH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite gloss so far. I had a friend who wears it and it gives her a very slight mauvey cast which suits her very well and I decided to try it. On my lips, there is no mauvey hue but a luminous pomegranate pink with golden shimmer. Tastes great and the consistency is really nice. Love it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by melonbread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my lipglosses. I really do. Of all of them though, I love this one the most. It's a beautiful, nude colour, that matches exactly to my lips - what it means is that there is no glaring colour, all there is a a beautiful shine, with a smattering of gold glitter.
The glitter itself is meant to be 0.02% 24ct gold, which probably would explain why it's so expensive. If you apply too much gloss, you will feel a little grit, but I've found that just a small amount will do, and the glitter is very, very fine. The gloss lasts pretty well, when it dries though, you are left with gold all over your lips still =)
Be careful when you're wiping your lips though, you'll find it all over your face!

The packaging itself is beautiful, it feels wonderful in your hand~
Now, if only it wasn't so expensive!!