October 26, 2014 | 1336 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Shiny-licious in Chocolate Cherry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Gorgeous color! I love this! It looks great on my lips and feels incredibly smooth. There is a nice color payoff of a reddish brown, similar to chocolate cherry. I purchased this at Dollar Tree and I am so glad I did. The only bad thing is the smell is absolutely awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by redstampede

I found this Chocolate Cherry gloss (along with Berry Sweet- a LE re-promote of Berry Bella, and Cinnamon Apple) at my local Dollar Tree. It comes with the updated Shinylicious packaging, and is dark brownish-red in color.

I bought it hoping for a sophisticated red gloss (like the wonderful L'Oreal Raspberry Smash) but on my lips, it applies streaky (only somewhat better with a lip brush) and the color, while pigmented, is a bit harsh for my pale coloring. If the consistency was better and a little lighter, I would love to use it more. The scent is pleasing, not too over powering of (fake) chocolate cherry.

Overall, not too bad of a gloss; it may work better on others, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by blee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss! I found it at the dollar store and liked it so much that I snapped up extras for my sisters. It's a beautiful color, staying power is decent, and it smells delicious. It's pigmented, but not over the top---I don't know what people are talking about when they say it goes on clear. The one I have has a plastic slant applicator---maybe that's the difference. Overall, I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by honeybee2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Favorite lip gloss ever, the color was perfect--it was my holy grail, then they discontinued it :( so bummed, I haven't been able to find anything to replace it, time to stock up on ebay while I can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

On me, this is the perfect MLBB color. A very sheer, non-sticky brownish red. I actually like the foam applicator, I find that it spreads the gloss over my lips quite nicely. Works well on its own, or over another lippie or more pigmented gloss. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but it's not super offensive or lingering. A great gloss, especially for the price. Highly underrated IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by havanadaydreamin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift in a swap. I would not have picked this color on my own as I am very fair with blonde hair and green eyes. It looked way too dark for me.

However, I tried it, and it is a nice sheery brownish red color. I have almost no pigment on my lips so it is a nice neutral pick me up. I do not like the foam applicator but it does help it go on more smoothly than other glosses like juicy tubes and colour juices.

I wish it was a bit more sticky so it would last longer, but this is a nice gloss.

EDIT to say that I somehow developed an allergy to this so now I cannot use it. I cannot use a lot of lipglosses/lipsticks now, so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by FitzieG

For me, choosing a lip color is always a gamble...especially since my skin gets so fair in the winter. But I have to say, this is one of the greatest lip glosses I've tried in a long time. The best selling point? It's not sticky! It glides on smooth and is very comfortable to wear. This particular color is actually close to what it looks like in the tube. Others of this brand/type are not, so be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

like a reviewer below, my boyfriend picked this up for me as a little surprise and i was totally afraid of the color. i have basically avoided wearing it for a long time now... alone, i find it darkens my lips (which i hate) and gives them a shine. worn over lipstick however- gorgeous! i just tried it over pink diamond, a lipstick i got from lancome as a GWP, and it really transforms the color into something richer, and brings my look, together (A pronounced blueish eye today with moon flower). pink diamond has been described by some to be like viva glam V but slightly pinker. can't wait to try this over more lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by hidge

Maybe I'll be one of those few people who like the fuzzy slant applicator of this squeeze tube lip gloss.

I love it in a sense that, it's like using a wand-sponge-on applicator from other lip glosses, which i find more hygienic than a plastic slant applicator, which i find messy and more UNHYGIENIC!

color: it appears reddish brown in the tube but goes on sheer on lips w/a slight tint to it. in my medium pigmented lips, it appears mauve color.

texture: smooth, very fine, and shiny! i like the fact that it doesn't have shimmers to it!

odor: although it's choco cherry, i didn't smell any choco scent; it's more of cherry scent

taste: you may not be able to tell the sweet taste by just licking it but when you suck your lip, then that's the time that you'll be able to taste the sweetness!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted more color than this...there's really not hardly any color to this...if you want an almost clear YLBB shiny gloss then this is for you but if you are expecting something with some color then don't bother. This has a little bit of taste and smell but not offensive at all IMHO.