Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

4.1

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hips) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin

on 7/29/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is the first cleansing oil that I've tried, and I've gotta say, this is now my new make-up removing method!

Before this, I used the Clinique wash away cleanser to remove my makeup, sometimes even cleansing twice just to make sure it was ALL off. I felt that washing twice with this product was pretty effective in taking off all my makeup... Until I started using the Boscia cleansing oil.

I have oily skin that's prone to breakouts, so at first, it felt a bit uncomfortable rubbing oil onto my skin. I didn't know if it was actually going to work since I didn't feel as though I was physically rinsing anything off, but once running warm water on my face and rinsing thoroughly - I was pleasantly surprised. Needless to say, I won't be going back to using regular cleansers to get rid of my makeup. I feel as though the oil literally breaks down the makeup and gets it right off my skin. I'm definitely interested in trying out other cleansing oil methods now. Love this product!

on 6/9/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This cleansing oil is fantastic. It takes off all of my makeup, which is better than any other makeup remover I've tried. I was given it as a gift after struggling to find one that was effective and sensitive enough. I have really sensitive eyes and this makeup remover never bothered my eyes. Ever. Even when I was taking off eye shadow and mascara, my eyes never burned.

As a cleansing oil, it's quite effective. It has a nice effect on the skin and isn't greasy. It always felt light and smooth, while taking off all of my makeup. I've tried a lot of makeup removers that lean towards using natural ingredients that are supposed to be geared towards people who have sensitive skin/eyes, but this is the best one. Everything else has either left my eyes red and stinging, or didn't take all of the makeup off.

This product also has minimal scent and gives my skin a refreshed feeling and sensation. I would buy it again, but my partner brought back products from Japan that are apparently made by the same company (I am not 100% sure). The products are by Chifure, and they have a cleansing oil as well. It works well, but is more greasy and heavy feeling. If you're interested in trying that out, most of their products are cheaper.

Even when trying other brands that are similar, I still prefer this cleansing oil. It's the best one I've ever tried. Once I finish any others that I have in stock, I'll be going back to this one. My bottle lasted me almost 2 years because I only used a pump or two and it goes a long way. It is the absolute best I've ever tried. I strongly recommend it, especially if you have sensitive eyes.

on 5/26/2015 9:36:00 AM

HG! Very gentle but effective cleanser. My face feels clean but not stripped dry. The only thing I changed in my skin routine was this and I noticed an immediate reduction in breakouts. I love the pump and the fact that it comes with a stopper so it's travel-friendly. Will repurchase again & again.

on 5/22/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this! Although it's an oil, this cleanser leaves my face feeling clean, yet not dried out. I wouldn't use it to remove eye makeup. I tried once and felt like I had film over my eyes. But for foundation removal it's great. I love the smell, too! It smells like rosemary (although I've read that rosemary is allergenic and irritating). Bought the smaller size, but going back to Sephora to purchase the larger bottle. Definitely worth a try!

This is an oil cleanser and I think it's amazing! It really breaks up the makeup including mascara and sunscreen. You apply it on a dry face and once you feel you've worked it through your skin then you rinse it off. When you apply water it turns into a milky lather. Once you finish rinsing it off, towel dry and it leaves skin feeling soft. I will add that I still use other products to exfoliate and deep clean.

I've repurchased it 4 times now and I have tried other but they were more expensive and for the price this is good stuff.

on 4/19/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Probably one of the best cleansers I've ever used. I use this every night to take off my makeup, and it can even take off my eye makeup. I like it because it doesn't leave a strange feeling on my skin like many makeup removers do and is good to my sensitive skin. I've also noticed that it doesn't break me out, which was a concern that I had previously. It is on the expensive side, but my bottle has lasted me four months and there's still a little left.

on 4/7/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've long been weary of cleansing oils for a number of reasons. My skin is naturally oily and sensitive, and I didn't want a product that would make the issue worse. I was certain oil cleansers would cause my skin to produce even more oil but I forged ahead because I really want to expand my skincare regimen.

I picked up this little gem at Sephora checkout a few weeks ago. WOW - I am in love! I was looking for something that could remove waterproof mascara gently and effectively and wasn't sure what to expect with this product, to be honest. I got the smaller size so I could give it a try without having to drop too much $.

I gotta say - this is by far the best makeup remover I've ever tried. Granted, I still have some makeup residue left after using it, but overall, it does a fantastic job of removing everything, including the waterproof mascara as well as my liquid lipsticks (which are usually hard to remove). My nightly routine involves this cleanser then a follow up with philosophy's micro-delivery wash - the two leave my skin clean, soft, and moisturized. The scent is very similar to tea tree oil - there's a minty undertone to it. It's not overpowering, though. At least not to me. Yes, it does leave your eyes cloudy but they don't burn - just rinse with water and all is solved.

I am halfway through this bottle and plan on purchasing the full size when it's time. I highly recommend.

on 3/18/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my HG makeup remover oil. I am on my 3rd bottle. It is somewhat pricey, but you only need a very small amount to remover eye makeup and face makeup. One full pump might be too much for everyday makeup. It has a slight scent but I don't even smell it anymore, just be careful when removing eye makeup, it can cause your eyes to get a little cloudy so I would suggest a q-tip, or cotton ball on the eyes.

on 2/12/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've only had this for a little while, but it hasn't broken me out and I think it works better than my previous cleansing oil (the Sephora brand one that is now disc'd).

First of all, the smell, to me, is pretty overwhelming. It smells like rosemary bread with olive oil. I don't know if I will repurchase just because the smell is too much.

It does the job of removing my makeup.

on 1/8/2015 1:36:00 AM

DHC had always been my HG oil cleanser until the store I used to buy from at the mall closed down :( I was too lazy to order online, so recently for the past year or so I have been using Sephora's Supreme Cleansing Oil (which I believe has been discontinued). It's been running low, so with a 10% off coupon that Sephora gave me for moving up to VIB, I purchased Boscia's Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil. I have been using it for 2-3 days now, and the smell (olive oil-ey) and texture is very reminiscent of DHC's. On the contrary to Sephora's Supreme Cleansing Oil, Boscia's will rinse right off with warm water with no need to double cleanse with facial wash, which is perfect for me! I didn't expect the bottle to be small, so paying $28 for 5 oz was kind of a change; for what it's worth, I feel that it is better than DHC so it is worth buying and having in my skin care line. 1 pump is enough for my whole face, but I like to do 1.5 pumps to really have enough oil to massage my whole face and underneath the chin area.