April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Cleansers - Boscia - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using cetaphil lotion to remove my make up for the longest time. Decided to splurge and try this out. It was 28.50 at my sephora. I love how easy it is to remove all my make up and it rinses out very well, no residue at all. I like taking the time to massage it in until it's ready to be rinsed off. I was using a second cleanser after but there really is no need. The only thing I don't like so far is how fast I'm going through this. I use 5-6 pumps every night. And I've been using it for about a week and there's a noticeable difference in the amount I've used already. It does feel very refreshing, doesn't seem to irritate the skin or make you break out. I do like it. Let's just see how long this bottle lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fantastic. I've been using it to remove makeup, particularly on my mascara because I wear waterproof. I just rub a tiny bit of it on while splashing warm water on and my face ends up completely clean! I do feel that it makes my skin softer, which is saying something for my desert-dry skin. My only complaint is that it cost $28 for a bottle. Nonetheless, I would (and intend to) buy it again when I run out. Thankfully given how much use I can get out of just a few drops, that should be a ways away!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by upiswhat

I've been using a sample of this stuff for the past few days and I love it! I don't wear very heavy makeup, but for some reason most cleansers out there don't remove all of my makeup no matter how much I rub or how much product I use. So I'm happy to say, I finally found that this stuff 100% removes every last trace of makeup and leaves my skin incredibly soft. I haven't found that there is an oily residue after rinsing like some reviewers have said. I use only enough of this it to cover my whole face, and no more. Maybe that's the key - don't overload your face with it. I do have dry skin and need an additional moisturizer after rinsing, as this makes my face slightly tight feeling after using, but I love this product, and am happy with other Boscia items that I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by kitsunec4

Test this on your arms or somewhere along your jawline for several days before using. There's a bunch of botanicals in here, so I'm not sure what it was that caused an allergic contact dermatitis three days into using. PATCH TEST THIS.

...upside was that it did remove my MUFE aqua liner pencil further sealed with Aqua Seal, which is nearly un-removable, perfectly? So it did as promised, just...

But uh. HIVES. ALL OVER MY FACE.

PATCH TEST THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best facial cleanser I've ever used. I am in my mid 30s, I have dry skin, prone to break outs. I was always afraid of using anything with oil on my face for fear I'd break out. I got a sample of a face oil about a year ago and I ended up liking it. Then I bought the Sephora favorites face and body oil set. This face wash was in the set. I wear a lot of makeup and waterproof mascara. I applied the cleanser to my dry face and kept rubbing in a circular motion all over my face. It melted off every bit of makeup. I didn't have a trace of mascara or liner anywhere. After I rinsed my face, it felt so soft. There was no tightness or dryness whatsoever. I always have to moisturize right away because of my dry skin but I didn't have to with this. I've been using it now for a few days and no break outs. I've always been a loyal Philosophy skincare customer but this blow my Philosophy out of the water.
UPDATE: this cleanser dries out my eyes to the point where it is painful. I assumed it was other reasons for my dry eyes but once I stopped using this, my dryness got better. I can use this cleanser if I don't get it near my eyes but that sucks when wear makeup. I would need to use a separate cleaner to remove eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this cleansing oil when I want to remove my daily makeup. I rub it on my dry skin then wipe it off with a hot wet towl. This oil will break down the most stubborn make up including waterproof mascara. For the days when I wear heavy foundation I follow with a face wash to be sure that my skin is thoroughly cleansed. After cleasing my skin feels clean and plump. The smell remindes me of plastic (even though this product is free of parabyns) and I kind of like it! The bottle comes with a stopper that clamps around the neck of the pump to keep it from leaking during travel, which is a major plus. I recomend this for people with dry skin or anyone who is looking for a stellar product that will effectivily break up makeup residue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by alina08

The first time I used this, I definitely used it incorrectly because I was left with a greasy face. Take two in the shower transformed this cleansing oil into a milky cream (I guess the key is to have a really wet face) and left my face feeling super clean but not stripped. The cleanser is very gentle and very effective, but my all time favorite is still Ren's Cleansing Balm (which leaves a lingering scent of rose that is just delectable). Side notes aside, this cleanser is a solid four lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Iphigeneia

I really liked this at first. It does a good job of removing makeup without being too drying. Most makeup removers irritate the skin around my eyes, and this one does not.

HOWEVER--I noticed that if I use it to remove my eye makeup, it inevitably gets into my eyes. This is bad, because the feature that breaks up oil and removes makeup will also remove the natural protective film and tears from your eyes--and the effect lingers a long time. I suffered incredibly dry eyes for many days before realizing it was related to using this product.

Tear film is necessary for healthy eyes. I am going back to removing makeup with pure jojoba.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! In only a few days my skin was more hydrated and my breakouts were going away! I use this at night only because I don't like to deep clean in the morning and I moisturize with my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I wake up to soft, smooth skin even in this dry, winter weather. I do take off my eye makeup with a face wipe first because I don't like the cooling sensation on my eyes, it's fine on the rest of my face though. It takes off all my foundation (Bare Minerals) and eliminates both oily and dry spots. If I apply the oil to my finger tips and not my palms, I only need one pump for my entire face (it spreads much easier). Overall, I really really like this cleanser, I wish the price was lower but I am only using it at night so it should last me a good long time. For the price, I think they need a real "locking" pump (where you turn it and it locks) instead of giving you this little clip to put around the pump to keep it from getting pressed, but that is my only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Ladyanastacia

Absolutely love this stuff, it breaks up all the makeup, including too faced eye primer, which is the hardest stuff to get off