Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

4.1

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hips) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin

on 4/19/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Probably one of the best cleansers I've ever used. I use this every night to take off my makeup, and it can even take off my eye makeup. I like it because it doesn't leave a strange feeling on my skin like many makeup removers do and is good to my sensitive skin. I've also noticed that it doesn't break me out, which was a concern that I had previously. It is on the expensive side, but my bottle has lasted me four months and there's still a little left.

on 4/7/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've long been weary of cleansing oils for a number of reasons. My skin is naturally oily and sensitive, and I didn't want a product that would make the issue worse. I was certain oil cleansers would cause my skin to produce even more oil but I forged ahead because I really want to expand my skincare regimen.

I picked up this little gem at Sephora checkout a few weeks ago. WOW - I am in love! I was looking for something that could remove waterproof mascara gently and effectively and wasn't sure what to expect with this product, to be honest. I got the smaller size so I could give it a try without having to drop too much $.

I gotta say - this is by far the best makeup remover I've ever tried. Granted, I still have some makeup residue left after using it, but overall, it does a fantastic job of removing everything, including the waterproof mascara as well as my liquid lipsticks (which are usually hard to remove). My nightly routine involves this cleanser then a follow up with philosophy's micro-delivery wash - the two leave my skin clean, soft, and moisturized. The scent is very similar to tea tree oil - there's a minty undertone to it. It's not overpowering, though. At least not to me. Yes, it does leave your eyes cloudy but they don't burn - just rinse with water and all is solved.

I am halfway through this bottle and plan on purchasing the full size when it's time. I highly recommend.

on 3/18/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my HG makeup remover oil. I am on my 3rd bottle. It is somewhat pricey, but you only need a very small amount to remover eye makeup and face makeup. One full pump might be too much for everyday makeup. It has a slight scent but I don't even smell it anymore, just be careful when removing eye makeup, it can cause your eyes to get a little cloudy so I would suggest a q-tip, or cotton ball on the eyes.

on 2/12/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've only had this for a little while, but it hasn't broken me out and I think it works better than my previous cleansing oil (the Sephora brand one that is now disc'd).

First of all, the smell, to me, is pretty overwhelming. It smells like rosemary bread with olive oil. I don't know if I will repurchase just because the smell is too much.

It does the job of removing my makeup.

on 1/8/2015 1:36:00 AM

DHC had always been my HG oil cleanser until the store I used to buy from at the mall closed down :( I was too lazy to order online, so recently for the past year or so I have been using Sephora's Supreme Cleansing Oil (which I believe has been discontinued). It's been running low, so with a 10% off coupon that Sephora gave me for moving up to VIB, I purchased Boscia's Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil. I have been using it for 2-3 days now, and the smell (olive oil-ey) and texture is very reminiscent of DHC's. On the contrary to Sephora's Supreme Cleansing Oil, Boscia's will rinse right off with warm water with no need to double cleanse with facial wash, which is perfect for me! I didn't expect the bottle to be small, so paying $28 for 5 oz was kind of a change; for what it's worth, I feel that it is better than DHC so it is worth buying and having in my skin care line. 1 pump is enough for my whole face, but I like to do 1.5 pumps to really have enough oil to massage my whole face and underneath the chin area.

on 12/29/2014 9:10:00 PM

My HG makeup remover. I use this every single night to easily wipe away my mascara, and any eyeshadow and liner that I've basically spackled on with primer. It sweeps every trace of makeup off my face, and rinses away easily.

on 12/13/2014 9:14:00 AM

Excellent cleansing oil. I have tried DHC, Origins, MAC, Garnier, and I was curious to try Boscia's to see how it measures up.
I like that it has a somewhat thick-ish texture, so it stays on my face and doesn't run down my arms while I'm applying it. There's a light herbal scent to it that is pleasant and not overwhelming. Completely breaks down all my makeup, products, sebum, etc. and leaves my skin thoroughly cleansed. Rinses easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and pampered, never dried out. My combo-oily skin loves this!
I also find that using this oil doesn't make my eyes as blurry as some of the other brands do. And I like the packaging too.
No complaints whatsoever, this is a five-star product.
Recommended and I will repurchase.

on 10/21/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Holy Grail for sure. This is a great oil cleanser and I love that you can use it dry. I pump 1 or 2 pumps into my dry hands and massage all over my face. It removes every bit of eye makeup including stubborn mascara (I don't use waterproof mascara, though, so I'm not sure if it would be able to take wp off easily). It rinses so clean and does not sting my eyes. I have not experienced any breakouts or clogged pores from this product. I previously used MAC cleanse off oil which I also like very much but I prefer Boscia because I can use it dry. Also, the Boscia is a slightly better value ($28 for 5 oz whereas MAC is $30 for 5 oz, the last time I checked). I have very dry skin and this cleanser leaves no residue, is not drying, and has no synthetic fragrances. A bit pricey but you can easily get away with just 1 or 2 pumps for your entire face if you massage well.

on 10/21/2014 8:37:00 AM

The consistantcy of the oil is slightly thick like olive oil.I felt it left a slight oily residue and was not strong enough to get ride of waterproof makeup, longwear foundation or sunscreen. You really have to work the cleansing in to get any makeup off. If you put layers of skincare than full face of makeup Its not deep cleaning enough to clean everything out of your pores. I had to really scrub with a face towel to get the residue off which irritated my skin. I notice after a couple uses my face started to get tiny bumps under the skin, pores clogged and my slight redness become worse. Double cleansing with another cleanser after did not help it made it even more irritated.

on 10/1/2014 8:14:00 AM

I have been using this product for about a week now and my cystic acne is almost gone. When I switched from powder foundation to liquid foundation about 3 years ago, I became plagued with constant cystic acne mainly on my chin. I have been battling with my skin for the past three years, and this oil cleanser is the ultimate weapon. I wish I had known about it three years ago! It is very gentle on my face and actually feels really good on the skin. I do follow up with the boscia clear complexion cleanser because I don't really like the thought of oil sitting on my face. Swear by this product now and will definitely be repurchasing!