September 23, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Shadow - Lise Watier - Glamour Safari Eyeshadow Quad

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstar

I love this compact for several reasons. Like another reviewer said, the colours are sheer. Which means they are great for make-up dummies like myself who are scared of bright colours but still want to experiment. Since the colours are sheer, they are super-blendable and you can start off with a little but work your way up. I love how these colours look. Plus, I've never tried Lise Watier products before and I was impressed with the quality of the eyeshadow - no creasing, no flaking off, nothing. They were the right mix of being able to be blended as well as good staying power. Overall, I am impressed. Plus, I love the compact itself: it is a gorgeous leopard print and very sturdy. I don't have to worry about it breaking. It's a limited edition so I doubt that I'll re-purchase even though I'd want to. By the time I'm done with these colours, they will have already been sold out. :( The only disadvantage I can think of is that it was $30 CDN and with tax, it's pricey, esp. to a poor student! It is probably one of the most expensive make-up items I own. Still, for the quality of products, the fact that it includes two applicators (and on ea. applicator, a nice pointy applicator that is great for lining), the colours are beautiful and make me swoon each time I open the compact, and a gorgeous compact, it is definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by piggiejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the glamour safari eyeshadow quad was released for lise watier's summer 2006 range. i was captivated by the outside casing of the palette (gorgeous leopard print) and the colours of the quad looked really pretty.

here is a link to a picture i have of it http://img.makeupalley.com/5/2/6/6/477921.jpeg

unlike the bold, vibrant colour it looks in the palette, the colours are actually rather sheer. they are shimmery but not overly so - so dont expect an obvious shimmery kind of look upon application.

however, although the shades are somewhat sheer, i find that it actually makes the quad rather wearable. the darkest and most pigmented shade, is the brown in the bottom left hand corner. but even this shade is not very pigmented if you compare it to lines such as shu uemura.

for me - i find that i need to throw in some more shimmer / colours from other lines that i use to dress up this quad a little to make it more wearable for me. great quad tho, if you like more subtle looks, or if you prefer a more 'matte' kind of look.