December 20, 2014 | 1490 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Kashuk Tools Foundation Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a note, my foundation brush came as part of the Limited Edition Couture Travel Brush Sett, is shorter in length and has a red/white floral print on the handle. I believe it's the same foundation brush, just in a different type of packaging.

I used this brush non-stop for a good amount of time, and still use it for when I want a heavier coverage and a more flawless finish. The synthetic hairs are dense and soft, and they are ace at buffing out product. Because this brush is so flat, using a smaller amount of product will make it easier to buff everything out evenly.

I've never had problems with shedding, and the hairs are so dense that product doesn't seep deeper into the bristles (unlike some of my Real Techniques brushes). The brush is easy to clean, and I recommend doing so every week or two in order to keep the application process smooth. When product gets piled up in the brush, it can result in streaky and/or uneven application.

This brush is really good with foundations based with water or silicone bases. I haven't yet tried it with an oil-based foundation. I also haven't tried this brush for other uses, and I wouldn't call it a very good multi-pupose brush (unlike Real Techniques brushes) but it's a top brush for applying foundation, and it's ridiculously good at it.

If you can pick this brush up in a set or on sale, it's a steal. If you purchase at full price then it's still better than the majority of the foundation brushes I've ever tried. This brush can increase the coverage of mineral/tinted moisturizers/BB/CC creams. I've had this brush for years and it has never applied differently, and its dependability and staying power is why I'd repurchase again. The print on the handle is starting to fade, but the bristles are still good as new after many, many washes. I recommend this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Updated : I love this brush but sometimes I can see the lines on my face if I don't blend my makeup right . I feel like this brush works better with liquid foundation and not mousse types of foundation but over all its still good

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love my Sonia Kashuk brush :) Best BRUSH EVER !!! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best foundation brush I have ever used! I prefer to use a beauty blender but since I have bought this brush, it is my go to!!!!! It is so soft and blends well. My favorite part is when I buff the foundation into my skin around my nose (my problem area) and it makes my pores disappear! I bought this brush for almost $16 and that is not too bad a price for this awesome brush!!!! I have spent more on other foundation brushes from Sephora and I am so happy I came across this! Would recommend to anyone and glad my best friend told me about it! Hope this helps :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to use this as a liquid foundation brush, but I just had to rave about how WONDERFUL it is when I finally gave it a try! It makes my makeup look flawless and helps cover my acne scars as it helps cover all the nook and crannies! This sat in my makeup drawer for a while and I am so glad I rediscovered it. It is a bit on the pricey side given it's a Target brand, but I'd say definitely worth it. The bristles are super soft and super good quality. Would HIGHLY recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush after reading reviews on a few beauty bloggers sites. I am happy to say that it works wonders for me. I had been previously using a couple different MAC foundation brushes and never really got the results that I wanted. This brush gives me amazing results, my foundation has never looked better. It gives my acne-prone/moderate sized pore skin a near flawless look. My two current foundations are Revlon Colorstay and Koh Gen Doh Moisture Foundation. It takes a little extra time to clean because the bristles are so densely packed and I've had absolutely no shedding. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by makupqueen

HATE HATE HATE!!! This brush!! I heard so many good things about it so i went out and bought it(the reason i feel its so expensive is becase it didnt work) when i came home and took it out of the packaging the handle was not properly attached to the metal brush part, i figured it was just one brush, so i went back to the store and i exchanged it for a new one, after a couple of days it started to shed really bad (i used it with revlon colorstay) i tried washing it to see if that would help no such luck. A complete waste of my money, VERY dissappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by fitguineapig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love my other Sonia Kashuk brushes, but this foundation brush fell apart after I started cleaning it regularly. I wash my foundation brush out every morning after I use it, which admittedly wears it out faster, but it's a must-do if you're acne prone. And I read somewhere that Sonia Kashuk says that's what she does with her makeup brushes every day, so I would hope her products could hold up to that standard. Not so much with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these after makeup applied professionally for a photo shoot at work. The MA used this brush for stippling the foundation. Used another one for powder.My foundation & powder looked airbrushed and photographed well. The price & quality are amazing. Great for creme blush too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by beautymarked71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOOVE this brush it feels so soft and really helps with the application of my foundation. I use the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ which is really hard to blend, because it dries so fast. This foundation brush totally eliminates that problem! The only reason I would give this product a 4 is because it really can soak up your foundation so you need to wash it right after you use it because it can be hard to clean if it sits in too long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best foundation brush I have had (and I buy a *** ton of brushes). Not drug store cheap, but really a great value for the product you'll receive. Zero complaints.