September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Shampoo - Frederic Fekkai - Summer Hair - Wash and Wear

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is butt awful. Wish I'd read these reviews before I tried it. It smells nice, but it's basically the consistency of water. You can tousle the hair, wipe the hair with a towel, brush the hair, blow-dry the hair, but NOTHING you can do to the hair after spraying this on seems to remove one iota of the oils. Instead, you're left with a waxy-feeling scalp. Who gave this a pass and put it out there on the market? It's just not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by miamsg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not sure what the aim of the manufacturer was. The product does nothing for the hair other than making it greasy. The smell is devine though. Stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by somastarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so upset this product has been discontinued. I used it every day, and was hoping it would reappear on the shelves with this year's Summer Hair line, but it looks like it's officially gone. In addition to the amazing summery scent, it really worked well for me as a dry shampoo. I loved this stuff, and would buy 4 bottles at a time to last me until the next summer. Still looking for a replacement dry shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I spent $22 on this and threw out the receipt before I tried it, I tried desperately to figure out how to make it work for me. I had high hopes on the first try and rather than working as an "instant shampoo spray" it made my hair look even more greasy. Not only did it look greasy, but it felt sticky and gross too. So clearly I could not use this stuff and wear my hair down. It turns out that what I can do with it is spritz it on and then pull my hair up and then it *smells* like I just shampooed it, but it doesn't look any better or worse. I guess that's a minor consolation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not worth the time. I know this product isn't really a dry shampoo, but is intended to "refresh" dirty hair. I tried this on dirty hair and rubbed, dirty hair and sun-dried, dirty hair and blow-dried, clean hair, and my hair still came out looking worse for it. What was once passable suddenly was wanting for a wash, which defeats the purpose of the product entirely. Had to jump through several burning hoops to return it to BBW. Smells cute.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by worksucks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've recently started searching for a product that lets me go 2 days without washing my hair (don't worry, I still take showers daily, hah). I was recommended this by someone on another board, and despite the hefty price, i went out to my local B&BW and bought it. You get a pretty large size bottle for the price, so if it worked, i would say it's worth the money. But I've used it about 10 times, and it doesn't do anythign for me. My hair gets oily at the roots after a day, and this does not get rid of that oil, it may make it look worse and more "seperated." it smells awesome though! i wish all hair products could smell this good. Ah well, the search continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ctrimble

This product was terrible - huge waste of $20...It didn't remove any of the oil or build-up from my hair. I felt like it didn't do anything but make it smell a little better. I recommend Batiste Dry Shampoo instead...it's only like $6 or 7.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 5:44:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I deff. don't think that this product is worth the $20 I spent for it but if it were less I'd be more inclined to buy it again. It does a pretty good job at refreshing my hair between shower days or when I don't get a chance to. Makes my hair look less greasy and gross. It smells wonderful as well. Other gripe I have is the lid- it is constantly always falling off and I'm afraid it's going to break. I also use this as a re-styler later in the night if I'm going out after work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

Very mediocre product. This did not remove oil from my hair and it felt very unpleasant, almost sticky. The smell didn't appeal to me either..it seemed like a mix of suntan lotion and floor cleaner. I would definitely not repurchase this, total waste of cash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I get sick often and as a result I have been searching for a dry or instant shampoo to freshen up my hair until I am well enough to wash it. Also I suffer from the I can only sleep on it once and then the roots sometimes get a bit greasy the second day right before bed (not the time you want to shower and air dry your hair). In the past I've dumped the baby powder, the cornstarch, even loose powder. More recently I went to Sephora and was recommended Rene Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo. The idea was good, aerosol powder with a light herbal scent, but in practice it was not for me and made my hair dull looking from the powder and I hated the herbal scent. I also tried the OB Pronto dry shampoo, nice smell (bit strong for migraines but still doable) but it did dull the hair being a white powder (rice based) and I have light brown/ash blond whatever hair.

So this leads me to the Frederic Fekkai Summer Hair Wash and Wear. I wanted this so bad last year and it sold out before I could get it. This year I remembered but still did not move in time to get it from Sephora online. Good thing beauty.com is around (= I picked it up there and have since ordered 4 more bottles as it is LE for summer and I don't know how long a bottle will last for and I figure it keeps so whatever. The big difference here is this is a liquid! No more powder residue. With thick non blonde hair powders do not look natural. The FF actually adds shine and helps me restyle my hair which I was not expecting and the scent is wonderful (even the SO complimented it) but not overbearing. This is how I have found the product best used. I do not wait until the 7-9pm greasies strike. The day after I get up I quickly divide my hair in half, grab one side spray the bottom from about 10-12 inches away, drop 1/3 to 1/2 of what I'm holding, spray again, etc. It's important to spray sparingly. I do the other section then one mist to the top of my head where my part is then let the whole thing air dry for five minutes. Then I just brush through. It helps refresh my style, add shine and stops the greasies I'd get about 12 hours later. As a test I did this every morning (during a time when I was ill) for 3 or 4 mornings and my hair still looked and smelled clean on the last day. I'm extremely happy to have found a product that works for me and smells so good! I hope Frederic Fekkai makes an instant shampoo for his permanent lines.

My hair is very long, wavy and I have way way too much of it. It's very thick but the actual hairs are soft and not overly thick.