Rimmel Extra Super Lash Waterproof Mascara

Price: $

on 2/5/2012 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Bought it because it was the cheapest, and am so, so pleased. Gives me nice definition and I can layer 2 coats without a problem. Smudged only barely, and only because I put a little under my eyes, after a long night when I sweated a little.

The brush part was very long and I don't think it was well designed for applying mascara. It did nothing at all on my lashes besides adding some black colour. Also this is only somewhat waterproof, it will smudge after a long day wear.

on 8/19/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara was ok - especially for the price. Its very black and did pump up my lashes quite a bit but it kept giving me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. The brush was made of a good material but didn't leave me too impressed other wise. The packaging imo could also use some major reforming - it's kind of gross looking and the plastic feels weird to the touch.

on 7/19/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara!! FYI i don't have special needs when it comes to lashes (mines are long and naturaly curled).
- It is A waterproof mascara for sure (i'm obsessed with waterproof make up), doesn't smudge, just perfect, i've showered (?!), slept with it ( i know that's bad but i'm a university student so...).
- The wand is really good aswell ( it NOT like those huuuge, bigger than your eyes, thing out there) the tip is thinner so you can get to the smaller lashes.
- The formula is not to thick but it's not to watery also, it's BLACK you know not grey just plain black
- Don't find it to dry out easily.
- You can work it as you like it from natural to dramatic looking.
- It's cheap.
- I don't find it that hard to remove for a waterproof mascara, i take mine off with a cheap wipe it's not even an official make up remover wipe lol.

on 5/28/2010 5:29:00 PM

This is my absolute favourite mascara!
The product it's self is really smooth and goes on very evenly, though I do agree that around 3 coats you'll start getting clumps (but i usually don't need to go that far as I have rather thing lashes and more than 2ish coats would just look overdone) It is also very reasonably priced, and lasts verrrrry long without flaking.
It is by far the best mascara I've come across that actually makes me look like I have lashes, doesn't irritate the lash line and a brush that is easy to use.

on 12/11/2009 9:23:00 AM

This is my favorite mascara, I only paid 97 cents for it during a sale, I was expecting it to be bad, but it wasn't! It adds amazing volume and a little length with zero clumps. It was a pleasant little surprise.

on 11/6/2009 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought it with the intention of using it to waterproof my non-waterproof volumising mascara. It's really cheap for a mascara! The texture is great since it's not too wet (or it would make my lashes droop). It's a great waterproof mascara but doesn't lengthen or volumise at all.

on 9/14/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's an a pretty good mascara. I have to compare this to Full 'N Soft in waterproof because the effect is similar and they have their good and bads. First off, this is a natural looking mascara like Full 'N Soft but I can only layer this on 2-3 times. After that it gets a little clumpy. Full 'N Soft would be buildable no matter how many coats. Also, Extra Super Lash does not smudge but Full 'N Soft did. I love how the end of the brush is tappered at the tip, making it very easy to apply even to the tiniest of lashes. Full 'N Soft had a fluffy yet traditional looking brush. It is 5 dollars cheeper than Full 'N Soft (It's only $2 at the Target I go to).

EDIT:Since it's not the most buildable mascara, i'd have to give this one a 3. I think the only thing good about it is that it is waterproof and cheap. It doesn't do much for lengthening and thickness.

on 6/28/2009 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I never noticed the waterproof version of this before. I found this at Target for $2.33, plus I had a $1 coupon so how could I not buy it, right? I didn't expect to like this, but this really works well for me. It gave me good volume and length and lasted all day without smudging or flaking. Good product at a great price.

on 6/4/2009 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I've finally found my HG mascara.

I've tried the following mascaras, in regular and waterproof formulas:
- Maybelline Great Lash (of course)
- MF 2000 Calorie
- Maybelline XXL
- Almay One Coat
- Clinique High Impact

List goes on.

Basically, anything hyped and/or on sale.

I'm happy to say I've found my HG mascara, and it's dirt cheap! I was thinking of going with false lashes for my wedding, but with this mascara that won't be necessary.

Some benefits I've noticed:

1) No smudging! The above mascaras always smudge on me by the end of the day. This stuff doesn't smudge. I've fallen asleep with this mascara on, and when I've woken up, all of the mascara is still on my eyelashes - nothing on my pillowcase, nothing on my skin.

2) Keeps curl. This stuff dries quickly, but it does the best job I've ever seen in holding the curl.

3) It's cheap. In this economy, do I need to say anything more?

Rimmel doesn't have too many cheap mascaras anymore - everything else I saw was $7 or more. Hopefully they don't discontinue this!