April 17, 2014 | 1829 users online

Bronzers - LORAC - TANtalizer Body Bronzing Luminizer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by TaraRobbins

This product was a small step up form Loracís Gradual Self Tanner, but it still wasnít my favorite. I found the color to be too ďfakeĒ looking for me. I ended up looking a very dark shade of orange. Not exactly the natural look I was going for. I was looking (and still am) for a good bronzer to use all over my body to give me a natural looking bronze glow. This one definitely didnít live up to my expectations. The smell is also kind of hard to get over. It smells like baby powder to me, and it is VERY strong. The good thing is that itís not as messy as Loracís gradual self tanner, and it is way easier to apply. There was also a very noticeable shimmer/glittery look to this product that I didnít like either. Like I said, I was going for a natural look, and this product just didnít cut it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a Bikini Barista, and it's very important that I am tan and even more important - EVENLY tan. I do use the tanning beds AND I get spray tans, but sometimes areas of my spray tans fade and it's pretty obvious when you're half naked. I was originally using the Sally Hansen spray can and it's very similar to this , it's body make up and it makes you more tan. The Sally Hansen stuff smells TERRIBLE though and it is pretty hard to spread and dries really fast. It's also very matte. The Lorac Tantilizer is shimmery but I'd say it's more luminizing than anything. It smells absolutely divine, it's like a vanilla cupcake. A little goes a long way, and it's kind of runny/liquidly which I really like because it makes it spread really nicely. It really does give you that J Lo glow! I loved it so much I had to go to Sephora right after work. It also looks GREAT in pictures. I'm an NC35 in MAC and my body is a lot darker than my face, so I need the Darker version but I bought them both to mix or just in case I get more pale. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way and it really hides any imperfections and makes you look airbrushed!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I put some of this on my arms and I look like a shiny disco ball. It has so much shimmer it is ridiculous. I'll try it at night, but in the daytime, it is just silly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sample of this in the Deep shade from Sephora. It's labeled for body use but I use a very small drop mixed with physical sunscreen or foundation that's too light. Of all of the bronzers I use for this purpose this gives the prettiest result and the best color for my skin tone which is medium/ olive with some redness. This is a pretty, luminizing bronze colored lotion with a nice vanilla scent. Not an overpowering smell and no teen sparkles. This has much more of a toasty golden brown tone than most bronzers. I find that this compliments the olive tones in my skin and really cancels out any redness even when I use just this mixed with sunscreen. This is pretty dark straight out of the tube as it's meant for deeper skin tones so if I ever use this on my body I'd mix it with lotion or sunscreen there as well. Because it's pretty luminous I tend to use this less for day to day and more for special occasions, dinners out or when my skin is just looking really dull. Since I have combo skin with an oily t-zone having this on all day with foundation requires blotting or powder touch ups every couple of hours to avoid looking shiny. Less maintenance is required when I just mix with sunscreen. I have zero transfer issues when mixed with sunscreen and only as much as the foundation I mix it with is prone to. This also works great straight out of the tube for contouring or on the cheek bones as a bronzer. This sample is going to last a long while since I only use a tiny bit at a time but I'll repurchase to keep this around for the summer. My mini tube looks like a small version of the full sized and so far my only gripe is that it's easy to squeeze way too much out with hardly any pressure wasting product and making a mess but at least they're generous with their samples.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Cassidylea18

I'm not sure if the product being reviewed is the self tanner or just the bronzing cream, but I purchased Lorac Tantalizer and the cream inside is a very shiny, pearlescent orangish color. When applied to the body, it looks ridiculous and washes off in one shower (luckily). However, I did find use for this product as a facial bronzer. I mix it with my tired moisturizer, apply it to my cheekbones, and behold, a sheen bronze look. I don't totally hate it, as like I said I did find a use for it, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Caveat: I am writing this review based on samples, but I tried three samples. After the first time, I looked in the mirror and burst out laughing. I was shinier than the tin man. Removed it. Second time I recall thinking that since rain was predicted, I had best pack my oil can. Removed it. Third, time I thought, I may not have a heart, but I do have a brain. Removed it. Threw rest of sample away. Epic fail. Not to mention it is some awful brick-redlike color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

This review is for the self tantalize gradual self tanner: I love this! better than st tropez or any other! It gives a warm brown tan. Its gradual so I apply it everyday, even to my face and I didn't break out(unlike I did with st tropez) also st. tropez left my hands orange for days if I didn't use gloves. Tantalizer didn't live one drop of color on my hands (I ofcourse washed them after application but st tropez wouldn't even rub off when washing). also st. tropez left me slightly yellow again this does not and top it off it smells like vanilla cupcakes with NO HINT OF TANNER SMELL. how is that possible! SOLD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

First off, this smells like vanilla which I love! It's gives my body a nice (temporary of course being it is not a self tanner just a bronzer) bronzed glow without being sticky! Love it! I bought the smaller size but when i run out I will be getting the big one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

This has been my go-to add some color to my pastey a$$ body bronzer for years. I'd have to give it a 3.5.

I absolutely LOVED it at first, but after using it for so long I am beginning to tire of it a bit. Mostly because it does rub off on your clothes which is annoying, and because in certain lighting it can look a bit red. But, it's the best I've tried yet. Nothing else at Sephora comes close to it.

I loved the smell at first (warm vanilla) but for some reason now it has a slight essence of cigarette ash to it, LOL. I think that might just be me though.

If I come across something better I'll definitely ditch this but good luck finding a better option...I've been looking for a while and all the other ones don't even come near this one. Which isn't saying a lot.

UPDATE, 9/2/11

Ok, one of my male coworkers just asked me if I "ate something bad and are having a reaction because my legs are red". This is the last straw. I'm finding something else. I've heard Laura Mercier has a good one that smells like creme brulee. It's just too red! No more.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gorgeousssssss! Love me some TANtalizer. Definitely amps up my Casper-ish skin a few notches...I mostly use it on my legs but I have also started to add a teeeeny tiny drop to my moisturizer to give my face a little glow too, and it works magically. (I say teeny because I told my friend this little secret, and she added too much and it came out looking like dirt on her face. So, proceed with caution.) I was a little worried because I have very sensitive skin, especially when it comes to things with scents. Which, by the way, this stuff smells HEAVENLY. The nice thing is, you can apply body lotion before this stuff and it still applies evenly, so you can get moisturized skin and tan skin all at the same time. Can't say enough good things about this product, except if Lorac could knock a couple bucks off the price that'd be nice...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No