August 28, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Body Emulsion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by MDSEXY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worth every penny! Gave Mel noes baby soft skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this body emulsion because its designed to discourage the formation of cellulite. I've suffered from cellulite since I was 12 years old, despite always being enviously slim and now, at age 25, my busy office job makes fitting in cellulite busting workouts too time consuming and too much of a chore. I really like the scent of this emulsion and I have noticed some positive results in firmness and lift, both in feel and looks, around by bottom. My boyfriend has been complaining about my cellulite for ages (not that it bothers me) but these results have given me a bit more body confidence. I also suffer from embarrassing rashes and I don't think this emulsion has done anything to either cure or worsen them. I have previously used Dior and Dr.Haschuka cellulite reducing products and to date I probably prefer this one (though Dr.Haschuka lemon grass oil does smell and feel delightfully refreshing) and this one is far more expensive than both Dior and Dr.Haschuka. I remain a bit on the fence about this product, giving it 3 lippies, as I haven't tried a lot of the recommended drug store products which are an 8th of the price, which have had positive reviews. For the price of this one I would expect to get more. Will up date once I have tried out a few cheaper ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Angel1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First you need to know that I am very much in love with the LP caviar 'fragrance'. I once used a sample of the Extrait de skin caviar, but forgot about it. And while in class I detected this nice fragrance, so I asked what my friend who sat next to me was wearing, but she wasn't even wearing any perfume. After a while I realised it was the Extrait de caviar.

Apart from the fragrance in the Skin caviar body emulsion, I love the subtle shimmer in it (mica). It's hydrating without being sticky. As always I love LP's glass packaging, much classier than plastic. If you hold it out in the light, you can see how much is left. The fragrance does linger for me, but I love it, so no problem at all.

The only negative point I have is that you can't forget not to hold the bottle by the cap, as it simply lets loose and the glass bottle drops to the floor (that's why I gave 'package quality a 4). I do prefer a bottle to a jar, as 200ml will last me a pretty long time and it's more hygienic.

I think the 200ml will easily last me a year, but I do rotate my body lotions. For exemple, when I don't want the fragrance to interfere with my perfume or when I wear the body lotion that goes with my perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by hothuggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this cream is a great mosteruizer. leaves the skin very radiant with a healthy shimmer to it. only thing slightly better is the lux cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

I really like this body lotion. it absorbs super fast and makes my skin look at its best. I don't believe in miracle products either like Olivia said but for something that makes my skin look so good all day.. well... I m gonna keep it lol.
I bought it 2ice so far and will buy again. It is WAYYYY too expensive, the cellular body lotion does just as well and is cheaper.... BUT this is why I keep coming back to this: Well I don't know if its a coincidence but my chest is looking fab since i started applying on it... Very flattering!
You DONT need this but it will be nice to have it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by hothuggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very good mosteurizer. i rate the luxe body cream higher for brightening and lifting but this definetly works for radiance. i would rarely give a 5 star rating for any product but this comes damn close to it. only the luxe cream is better in my opinion

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Aishaa

Personally, I don't think much of La Prairie products (I used to, in the old days). They make way too many similar products and all claims to do similar things. If one product is so effective as they have claimed, why go and make another one a few months later and claim to do similar things? This review is for the La Prairie newest Skin Caviar Body Emulsion. This is a fairly good skin emulsion. The fragrance is great if you like the typical La Prairie Skin Caviar smell. It is very hydrating and makes your skin very comfortable all day. The glowing particles, which is purely make up (These particles in the emulsion temporarily reflect the light and gives out a glow, which goes away after a little while! Your skin does not really glow!) does make your skin shimmer but will go away after an hour or two. Of all fairness, I like it alright. It is great for summer when it is not so drying and when your body is more bare, and the glowing particles make your skin shimmer temporarily. However, I will not repurchasing it because I don't think the price is justified. There are a lot of high end body lotion or cream that perform just as well for a lesser price. And if you really want your skin to shimmer, it is much cheaper to get some shimmering lotion for the body that are available everywhere and use it where needed and when needed. They will last much longer than that from La Prairie Skin Caviar Body Emulsion. The only thing that I liked about the packaging is that the bottle is opaque and so it will help to keep the integrity of the product. However, it is very difficult to get the all of the product out when the bottle is almost empty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

An amazing body treatment from laprairie. As the reviewer below said if you love the cream you will love this also. They work very similar only this one is a lotion. I love this.it is very moisturizing but not oily or sticky all. It gives the skin a very nice glowing appearance. I use the cellular body emulsion more often than this tho as it is a lot more expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you've tried the Luxe Body Cream - you will have to try this!!!

I love the Luxe body cream, however at over $300 a jar for that you can buy La Prairie's new Luxe Caviar Body Emulsion. It is nearly the same as the cream, but in a lotion form. I think it has many pluses, over the cream as well. First, it has the same devine fragrace as the Luxe cream, but is in a larger pump dispenser. There are light reflecting particles (slight shimmer) which gives a nice glow to the skin. Also, I notice it doesn't sting my legs (shaving) like the Luxe cream did after getting out of the shower. Another benefit, is the lotion is to also help firm/tighten and lessen the look of cellulite. I don't have much cellulite, and not sure if it does much, but gotta tell ya I love this stuff!! Retails for $175... still pricey but I think it's sooo worth it!