October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cat Cosmetics - Silk Purrfection

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Purrrsuasive1

LOVE LOVE LOVE Cat Purrfection primer. I have tried other face primers and nothing compares to Cat's primer. I just hope Cat stays in business forever! My face makeup has never lasted all day looking like I just put it on until Cat's Purrfection primer.

I was really nervous when I first tried it on because it felt oily, but I was so surprised to find that it does not make your face look oily at all and it also did not cause any acne outbreaks. It primes your face, holds your makeup in place all day and night. Truly amazing product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product gets an ehhh...from me. I wanted a primer for my BE foundation for the summers in Charleston, SC where I live so my foundation doesn't slide off my face in the humid, hot summers. When I first tried it on my combo oily skin, I made the mistake of using this on top of my trusty Purpose SPF 30 moisturizer, and it caused a oil slick on my face comprable to the Exxon Valdez accident. ALL my makeup just slid right off my face. But hey, I remained undaunted by that experience and tried it again, this time with out my moisturizer. It worked ok, but I still don't think I will be repurchasing this again based on these points: 1-No SPF. Whatsoever. Thank God my BE foundations have a SPF 15 because if it didn't I'd be unprotected. 2. Its kind of goopy. 3. The packaging kind of sucks. The twist tube can be undone easily and than you have product all over the tube, makeup bag...you name it. (At least this happened to me.)
Oh well. I am still on the hunt for a makeup primer. The search continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ddmo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product made my skin and makeup look really bad. It also made my skin dry out and dehydrated. I really don't see what's so great about it. I have small pores but when i put this on it made my makeup sink into my pores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 4:15:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this based on all of the great reviews and all I can say is this product SUCKS!!!!!! for my skin. I have oily skin and this made my makeup not only sink into my pors but it also accentuated dry flakes that I never knew I had!!!!! On top of that with in one hour my makeup had slid off my face, clumped into little areas. YUCK!!!! With out primer I never have that problem, my makeup has never looked so BAD than it did with the use of this product!!!! Thank goodness I was able to swap it out to a lovely swapper, I was not about to pay for more shipping just to send it back and be out $10 in shipping costs and no product to show for the experience.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yuck. Yuckyuckyuck. I have dry skin, so I thought this would be a great primer for me. Boy, was I wrong. No matter how little I used, my skin felt coated. It also "grabbed" my foundation, so putting it on was a real chore--smoothing out streaks and thick patches. This went back ASAP. Awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by atakeda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works as advertised - it really does make your skin feel like silk. As others have mentioned, while the package is small, you really only need a small amount. I haven't tried Smashbox, but this is much nicer than Morgan Schick's (and prior to this, I thought that was fine). Since I have combination skin with really dry parts, I put my moisterizer on first, then put this on. This makes my entire face look fresh throughout the day - normally, at the end of the day, my cheeks are dry and flakey, and my t-zone is an oil slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2005 5:35:00 AM More reviews by kristymiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FABULOUS!!! HG primer/moisturizer!!!! Makes my dry/sensitive skin feel like velvet!!! A little goes a long way...MUCH better then the Smashbox Primer and English Ideas...cheaper too ( even with shipping! ) A must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by miralee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! It's name says it all, I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by fusionx

I'm Asian and this works equally well for me. Face felt velvety smooth after application and it made it easier for me to apply and blend my foundation (creme to powder kind) afterwards.

Makeup last throughout the day with no touch-ups needed. It also controlled my T-zone oil very well, I didn't even have to blot my face once. All these and I wore my makeup for 13+hrs in a day!

Thumbs up for the little handy tube of miracle. Will definitely repurchase! =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 10:01:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

This does feel like silk and makes my mu go on so nicely but this primer made my face red and irritated after wearing it for 8 hours so not a good fit with my hypersensitive rosacea. A little goes a long way so price is good for amt you get. It's recommended for dry skin but this left my dry skin drier so I think it is more for combo/normal skintypes.