December 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Aveeno Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 45

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sideeffex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff rocks. It essentially has the same ingredients as the La Roche Posay Athelios line, although it is a bit thicker. I use this everyday and it protects me from the sun and hasn't made me break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by anandakatze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have normal-to-dry skin in the winter (normal-to-oily in summer) and this sunblock lotion is moisturizing enough to double as both moisturizer and sunscreen. It is rather liquid and can "spill" from the bottom of the tube, and has a somewhat whitish cast from the zinc oxide (but this can be rubbed in fairly easily). When on my face, it has a creamy consistency and takes a few hours to fully absorb, but it feels very moisturizing. Regular application even relieved some dry, flaky patches on my cheeks which I have had for a month and a half. I am normally quite acne-prone and this doesn't break me out (at least in winter when my skin is drier). As a bonus, it seems to be fragrance free and even my mom (who has rosacea) is able to use this without problems. I really like this product and would definitely repurchase.

Updated to add: CIBA sunscreen simulator reports a PPD (Persistent Pigment Darkening, refers to UVA protection) of 6.2 (PA++), which is low-ish, but I'm usually indoors in an office anyway.

Update #2: This sunscreen did break me out eventually, probably thanks to all the stearates and palmitates in it. Decided to try Vichy Capital Soleil Extreme Sunblock SPF 60 PPD 15 (Canadian version) instead, might come back to this if that ends up being more oily than this one, or if it triggers any allergic reaction.

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (6.0%), Octocrylene (5.0%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Titanium Dioxide (3.2%), Zinc Oxide (2.2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Aluminum Starch Octensylsuccinate, Aluminum Stearate, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Calcium Silicate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isocetyl Alcohol, Isodeceth-6, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Isostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Methylparaben, Oleth 10, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethylhexanoin, Water

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Baby Sun Block after getting a burn on the tops of my shouders--it's SPF 45, so I thought it'd give me some added protection. Results were that my skin became incredibly soft, and the slight breakout I'd gotten from the sun exposure, I think, cleared up right away. So, yeah, I'd definitely recommend this sun screen.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sanguine2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept coming back to this because I really wanted to like it, however, my skin decidedly doesn't like it. It dries relatively matte, though it seems to take a couple of hours to completely absorb; an initial slightly white cast takes that long to disappear. It is very thick and occlusive on my skin, which meant tons of clogged pores and aggravation of existing blemishes. I also found it too drying and experienced rebound oiliness several hours later.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Lo_li_ta

I really love this stuff. I bought this one (as opposed to the continous protection variety) because it has absolutley no scent. It's REALLY thick though, which is a bit weird at first, but it rubs in nicely with no white cast or greasiness. I cant imagine putting this on a baby though, it would be really hard working the product into a squirmy kids skin! I use this on my neck and chest every morning (but use Shisheido 55 on my face), and it hasnt caused any breakouts or dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I'm sorry I can only give this 5 lippies because if I could give it more, I would! As I've written in other posts, I have fair, ultra-sensitive, rosacea-prone skin which does not tolerate chemical suncreens well.
Although this is meant for babies (and I am decades past being a baby) I decided to give this a try and am I ever glad I did. I put this on my face yesterday and then when for a 90 minute walk at noon, with the UV factor at 7 out of 10 (i.e. high). It protected my face perfectly - not a hint of color this morning.
This sunblock contains two physical sunscreens, zinc dioxide and titanium dioxide. Although the lotion goes on whitish, this disappears in a matter of minutes (so you don't get the Caspar the Ghost look you get with most sunscreens containing zinc dioxide and titanium dioxide). What really thrilled me, though, was that it does not leave my oily skin looking greasy like almost every other sunscreen does. All in all, a terrific product.