July 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this Cream today. After a lot of research and interrogating the SA I decided to give it a try. I intend to use it sparingly and make it a part of my weekly facial routine and as a night cream (3 times a week). I just cleaned my face with my clarisonic and after that I used my weekly scrub with coconut milk from Inecto.To finish I used La Mer to moisturise and my skin feels really pampered and nourished. I hope I'll wake up tomorrow with a well rested and plumped skin. Until so far, I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by goodcreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is glorified Nivea. It would probably work on extremely dry skin types, but it is TOO heavy. Don't understand the hype about this cream....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

It is just a really thick cream. With lots of perfume. I bought 2oz is able to use for a year.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

I bought a small jar of this to try due to lots of hype around this product..and to my disappoint it did not do a thing but made my face look like a shining disco balls (not in a good way) and caused clogged-pores..it is so heavy and has the same consistent like Nivea cream I don't understand the science behind this cream, it just simply didn't work for me...and it's sooo expensive...and many celebrities still endorse it...don't understand...maybe this will work when I get to 60s-70s age range and won't have any more oil in my skin and just need some serious hydration, but for now I'm staying clear from this product...I think putting Nivea on my face probably delivers same results

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by violettuxedo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way overpriced like a lot of face creams. I believe La Mer started the evolution of marketing extremely high priced cosmetics like Creme de La Mer and the benefits of price expenditure= good for you!

This cream when you break down the ingredients are relatively cheap and easy to acquire individually.

Most creams on the market have identical ingredients but their nomenclature is what sets them apart: English vs Latin.

It appears that if you use Latin on your ingredient list, this from the companies' point of view can easily mislead or deceive.

Don't waste your money on this cream which is easily over $350 for a small jar.

Check out the ingredient list and find similar creams that sell for $20 a jar and do the exact same thing for your skin.

Consumers need to educate themselves on creams and serums and ask an expert like a dermatologist who has a Medical Degree and then 4-5 years of specialist training on top of the M.D.

Cosmetic sales people in big stores like Neimans and Barneys probably have a grade 12 high school education and they sell these products to the public as if they are multiple degree'd salespeople, they are not otherwise they would be working at a real job which behooves their education. They get their marketing information from the company like Estee Lauder and sell or promote the information as if it is rocket science: it is NOT! You for the most part are getting ripped off at the beauty counter.

These cosmetic sales people are selling on commission, so you need to be aware of information coming from a salesperson who is paid more money dependent on their sales of the cosmetics and creams that they load upon you.

Having said the above, there are creams and serums that actually have ingredients that work: Creme de la Mer is NOT one of them!

Buyer Beware

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have normal to combination skin, I found this cream way too heavy for me. I warmed it between my fingers for application, but my skin felt coated and it made my pores look worse. Also i found it slightly irritating, my skin was left blotchy and red in areas after use. Its stupidly expensive for a cream which i consider no better than any drugstore brand. I would highly recommend getting a sample to try first!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an over-priced moisturizer. It softens and brightens skin but no better than $50 dollar creams, such as Murad. It's over-priced by about a hundred bucks lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by BoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturiser to start is by far one of my favourite! Despite it being one of the most criticised products of all time it more than lives up to its claims!

First of all the ritual makes it a little more interesting. You take a small scoop on the provided tool, recommended that you use the smaller side. You en rub the product in between your fingertips until it has changed from white to clear. You then gently pat the product in to your face starting from the outer edges of the face paying particular attention to drier areas.

The product is very thick and white in colour. The thickness makes it easier to scoop out compared to a more creamier moisturiser. It has a very similar scent to the original Nivea creme however it is slightly more fresh...?

The packaging is luxurious! It comes in a porcelain jar which has quite some weight to it. Upon opening the box the porcelain jar is sat in a plastic holder with the scoop underneath. This is ideal for keeping the product on a dresser or shelf for easy access. The product is however is not the best for travelling but if you purchase this from a counter in Selfridges, Harvey Nichols etc... (UK) and even online you can get deluxe sample sizes with purchase! The staff are more than happy to provide these!

When applying the product the thickness may be a bit overwhelming however providing you apply the right amount it should absorb rather quickly! The hydration it provides is amazing! Being in my early twenties and a boy with combination skin I love love love this product as it did not break me out whatsoever.

I applied this product after my daily serum (Genefique) in case you were wandering when to apply etc...

I also put this and the original Nivea to the test over 6 weeks. Both products as mentioned are very similar however I noticed that my skin was much more oily when using Nivea. I also noticed a much more noticeable difference on the la mer side of my face which was more glowing and soft!

Definitely worth the splurge. The product retails for £105 in the UK for 30ml/1oz or roughly $155 in the USA. Not sure on the AUS prices though! Sorry!

Overall an excellent product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by PhoenixAnna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOW TO CORRECTLY USE LA MER: Take out a small amount in your clean fingers and rub the La Mer between your fingers till it is warm--and then you pat it on your face where you want it to go. If you are slathering it on, no wonder it feels gloppy. You use very, very little. I had a La Mer Consultant teach me and one jar went 2-1/2 months for me....and it worked great, too.
I don't buy it anymore as I am no longer working and retired, but it is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cream on and off since my 20's, and always come back to it. I think people are quick to judge this product, since it was among the first cult moisturizers. I've used far more expensive creams from La Prairie (Skin Caviar Luxe), Sisley and Guerlain to name a few. None consistently wow me like the original Crème de la Mer.

I mainly use the cream at night, since it's so rich. First I use La Mer's Foaming Cleanser, Chantecaille's Pure Rosewater or Clé de Peau Gentle Balancing Lotion as my toners, La Mer The Concentrate as my serum (I love the soothing properties, and it also helps redness and old acne scars) and finish with Crème de la Mer. This nightly formula has been magic for my skin. I never wear foundation or powder, and my skin glows. I gave an oily t-zone, so I use a light touch when applying to my nose and skip my chin altogether (I do apply the serum on my chin).

One jar lasts me about two months, with nightly use. I don't need to use too much of the cream, which I emulsify in my hands before applying over The Concentrate. I literally can't say enough great things about this cream. My skin glows, and I've nary a wrinkle yet.

NB: it's so gentle that you can even use it on your eye area, including eyelids.