September 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Umayuo

Packaging love it , always nice ribbons and boxes samples always come in nice glass bottles or tubes. Price , pricey but aren't all good ski cares pricey. I bought it because I want hydration. I don't have major problems with my skin, apart from some hormonal acne occasionally. But my face can get fairly dry in winter. The result is ok, but I don't notice miracle plumpness or shine or erase of any acne scars or aging to be honest. I went through two bottles last winter just so that I can see if it actually can hydrate my skin better. No it doesn't, it hydrates me as much as lancomes hydra zen or langeines creams. It leaves a filmy sensation I dislike . So I won't buy it again this winter. Just to be lazy here, Tried samples of the eye creme and the body creme both I think are not hydrating enough. You are better off using natura or la prairie . The only thing I like out of the whole range is the lip balm because it taste sweet and really moisturing and leaves a minty smell! Have already gone through three pots of them, they kept my lips nicely hydrated and no obvious lines

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by timmycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to like this cream but since finding out that it has mineral oil I stopped using it. Its also very overpriced for the result that isn't that miraculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Mirrten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer. I have been using this product for over 10 years. I think La Mer has played a role in the fact that I get a lot of compliments on my skin and have minimal wrinkles for my age. The La Mer website is excellent and the video is very helpful for learning how to apply the product. I like the experience of warming the cream between my fingertips and gently patting into my forehead, cheeks, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Go buy Nivea in the blue jar and you'll see the results are exactly the same and so are their ingredients. I've tried both and like that Nivea is the same. I also use it as eye cream. Wow is all I have to say. First few ingredients are same. I've tried both for a few months and Nivea wins. I know. I thought I'd never ever say that in a million years!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by starchild8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to read such harsh reviews of creme de la mer. I am acne-prone and am able to use this product.

Being an acne sufferer on retin-a micro, my winter exposed skin was left very dry and sensitive. I used creme de la mer and was amazed at how it enriched my skin and made it glow. Even after i washed my face in the evening (after wearing the creme under my makeup all day, including around my eyes), my skin was soft and smooth and no longer dried out.And studies i have read show that algae/seaweed extracts do thicken skin and promote collagen growth.

Along with the extract it contains many skin preserving minerals like copper while nivea contains none of these. That being said, it is understandable that the price of creme de la mer is off-putting and some consumers may still prefer using a cream that does not contain fermented algae/seaweed or minerals and paying over one hundred dollars more.

I use the creme mainly during cold or dry weather and alternate with other products. Perhaps that is why i've had no breakouts. I do notice that when i use la mer my skin is smooth and glowing even after i wash my face and i can't say that any other moisturizer has quite that same effect, even though they too are good moisturizers.

My main criticism is the high cost makes it necessary for me to use this creme more sparingly than i normally would, but i would never want to go through a harsh winter without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NO LIPPIES. This creme provoked the only vicious breakout I've ever experienced.

Care to know why?

Seaweed extract.

Google it....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MDMAmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Creme De La Mer can give you beautiful results, but the brand itself seems to be a total HOAX. I've been a professional makeup artist for nearly 10 years and have only worked in the retail aspect for 3+ years. I was the biggest La Mer Cheerleader until I started questioning the validity of it's origins. The past month I've spent trying to find information regarding the brand prior to it's "purchase" by Estee Lauder. I wrote a very detailed blog that I continue to update on my findings. I don't recommend anyone buy this product until Estee Lauder can prove their story behind this cream. http://beautystyled.com/2014/08/17/some-thoughts-on-creme-de-la-mer/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Malinda26

Love love love it. If you like me have extremely dry flaky skin you will fall in love with this cream it moisturises so well its very rich and nice floral scent. It's alot of money for an excellent moisturizer but Aqueous and Other Glycerin creams do not work for me even though they were prescribed to me. I don't suffer eczema but my skin is just so dry that I couldn't wear foundation in the past but not anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this Cream today. After a lot of research and interrogating the SA I decided to give it a try. I intend to use it sparingly and make it a part of my weekly facial routine and as a night cream (3 times a week). I just cleaned my face with my clarisonic and after that I used my weekly scrub with coconut milk from Inecto.To finish I used La Mer to moisturise and my skin feels really pampered and nourished. I hope I'll wake up tomorrow with a well rested and plumped skin. Until so far, I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by goodcreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is glorified Nivea. It would probably work on extremely dry skin types, but it is TOO heavy. Don't understand the hype about this cream....

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No