La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I'm 69 with dry skin. Since my EL Re-Nutriv has been refirmulated and no longer effective, I splurged for this purported holy grail. Not so. Be the end of the jar, it had done nothing to stall the post EL deterioration. I also found it odd to have to pat it on, instead smoothing it over my face. I'm still looking for that holy grail. All products I've tried are better than this, but not The One yet.

I'm not an online reviewer, it takes a lot to move me to type info about a product. I have suffered from cystic type acne for years, tried every brand you can imagine and every rx for acne cream, gel, pills, you name it. I have sensitive, dry, acne prone skin. For me this has been a holy grail product. I have repurchased 3 times. I use a pea sized amount warm between fingertips and press into the skin. I look hydrated and have a nice glow throughout the day. I have also worked for clinique, estee lauder, and lancome so I know skincare! I was hesitant at first, so I purchased the 85.00 half ounce size jar. The 1oz is 170.00 so there isn't a cost savings for the larger size. At 85.00 you can try it without your mortgage payment at stake!! Changed my skin for the better, compelled to share after horrible and embarrassing acne has always been a struggle for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I'm not opposed to spending a ton of cash on skincare that works, as my skin is picky (both acne prone and dry/dehydrated), so my 1 lippie review is not because of the price. This stuff just simply didn't agree with my skin at all. Let's start with the texture, it's very thick and oily, and sticky. You can definitely tell that it contains beeswax, because it's not the type of cream that goes on thick and greasy but sinks in nicely, it just stays sticky. Takes a lot more effort and elbow grease to apply than any cream should too. For me, it's absolutely unusable as a day cream and even as a night cream, the texture is really annoying because it causes my face to stick to my pillow and my hair to stick to my face lol. But here's what really made it get the 1 lip pie rating-it irritated the hell out of my skin and made it so red. My skin is NOT sensitive, at all. I can use benzoyl peroxide, bha, aha, and a retinol all on the same night (not that I advise this) and have zero signs of irritation, but this cream made my face red, blotchy, and angry. It also clogged my pores, but lots of things do that. It gets compared to Nivea cream a lot, and I would agree with that comparison, except that I like Nivea better! Same thick texture that I dislike, but at least Nivea doesn't break me out or irritate me. Oh, and here's the kicker- I didn't even find CdlM moisturizing. It may have gone on greasy but by the morning my skin was dry as paper, much drier than it is even when I skip moisturizer altogether! Anti-aging? I'm only 20 but after using this my skin was so blotchy, dry, and fine dehydration lines were very visible. If you're gonna drop over $150 on a face cream, I say go for it, but skip this one. It's all hype and no results. Other high end skin care is MUCH nicer.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'll admit - in the quest for the holy grail of creams with winter approaching I coughed up $300 for La Mer. It did not break me out but it had a thick consistency that made my skin feel a bit waxy after a week.

At the end of the jar, I looked closely at my skin and saw no improvement at all. For a thick cream for winter I'm going to stick with cetaphil cream or Morningsong Gradens bee balm from Ohio for a fraction of the price.

Big no for me. it caused an allergy on my skin. Use of coconut oil gave me better results than this cream for $$$.

I used this product pretty consistently for awhile and even though I loved the texture, I felt like sometimes it could be heavy and pore clogging if I didn't use a clarifying mask every so often. I don't seem to have this issue with other moisturizers of similar texture. Overall, I felt like the product was good and I can see why people like it, but there are better products on the market for this price.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have a sensitive, reactive skin. I have been looking for a moisturizer that works and this works for me. i only apply a very small amount and my skin is hydrated for the rest of the day. I have tried many moisturizer, my skin starts to get tight, red and dry in the afternoon but not anymore after I use this product. I normally mix one drop of sisley black rose oil with this cream. I also noticed my acne scars are lightened after using this product for a few days. This is an expensive product but it lasts a while.

I recently went to Taiwan and had allergic reactions, I started growing pimples on my forehead (tiny ones) and acne alone my jawline. After trying this cream out at the LaMer counter I decided to get the travel exclusive offer where it has the whole skin care line (the face cream, serum, treatment lotion, eye cream and sleeping pack.) I had to head to the plane in the middle of the night and usually no matter what I use, after being in the plane, my skin either starts getting some acne bumps or get flaky. I do hv facial mist and mist whenever I'm awake. But nothing really helps. But lemme tell u, after using the whole skincare line, which the lady at the counter so kindly allowed me to slather on my face because she knew I was gonna get onto the plane, I woke up with all my pimples and acne bumps either flat or reduced in size tremendously. And my face wasn't oily to the touch. It was glowing and dewy.
Price wise, yes it's deadly. But if it really works wonders then I'm sold. I'll start saving up for the nxt buy and use this cream only when my skin misbehaves (simply because I only got the 30ml one so I wanna save up haha) and continue with my usual skincare routine because I have tons of innisfree products I need to finish. When I'm done with all my other products, I'll definitely stick to this line.

So oily for my combination skin. Don't work for my pores and wrinkles. So expensive cream that doesn't work. I even tried the soft cream and it's still too oily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Okay! This is my first review, so you know I REALLY felt the need to talk about this product!
I am 23 years old, and have been in a war with acne since I was 15. It started getting really bad when I turned 21. Not quite cystic (some were), but always lots of breakouts EVERYWHERE. It has been such an emotionally/ tough journey, because a lot of my career is through social media (taking pictures- me being the centre of them), I sampled La Mer Creme before (the heavy one), and noticed how different my skin felt even after 3 uses (all my sample was good for)... my redness on face got lighter, and I noticed acne drying up. Sample ran out, and I forgot about La Mer, and acne came back. A month ago, I finally had enough, and went to buy myself the whole bottle ($400 in Canada) and OMG! My skin is looking amazing!!! I have a few tiny pimples which are easy to hide with concealer left, almost all my redness from previous acne is gone, my skin is glowing, my pores are smaller... I'm 80% comfortable with having no makeup on- which is huge, because for the past 7 years, I have not gone a day without makeup! La Mer is my SAVIOUR! Yes, it is not for everyone, but for me it worked miracles. I highly recommend going and grabbing a few samples from the girls (and don't be offended by their sassiness- La Mer associates can be such a pain in the butt!) and try it for yourself.
My Skin:
I am Russian background, but have a Mongolian bloodline, so my skin tone is yellow. Normal/oily skin. No freckles. Tan easily on my body, but my face burns!
I hope this helps someone!