April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lipstick - Paula's Choice - Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 - Invisible

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this product because it's the only broad spectrum lip sunscreen I've found that does not leave a white cast nor have a bad taste. (I don't lick my lips, but I find that any balm or lipstick I wear does seep into my mouth a bit, so that's why I'm commenting on the taste.) I do wish that this were packaged more like a traditional balm, rather than a skinny lipstick, because I find it breaks off pretty easily. I have to be very careful when applying, because it's not securely anchored to the tube. It's a pain, but I will continue to deal with it because I like the product. It also does not interfere with the color of your lipstick, as many other lip sunscreens can (no pesky white/blue cast.) I don' care for the colored versions of this product. The colors offered do not appeal to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I don't like the colors that are available in this lipstick so I thought I would try the clear instead and wear it like a glossy balm. Unfortunately I didn't like this clear version of the lipstick either as it was too soft in the tube and spread very unevenly over my lips. Although it is glossy, it isn't moisturizing in the slightest and seemed to make my very dry lips even drier. I wouldn't purchase this again. But I do appreciate that Paula has generous samples to try before making a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Beautichic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this "lipstick!" It's truly clear, but it has a surprisingly high shine, glossy effect. It's not blinding, but it really brightens up your lips. Even when you apply it on your skin, you see the glossiness. It does a sufficient job keeping my lips moist, but it doesn't leave it super soft, just not dry. This is a great purchase. My lips get chapped easily, as well as dry burnt as I like to call it. It feels like it was put in the oven. It doesn't look dry, but it feels like it. This remedies that. Few lip treatments contain avobenzone, a major sun protectant, so I suggest purchasing this. Great price, great packaging, great feel, great protection, great gloss effect. A lot of other sun protecting lip products leave an unsightly white layer. It works great for me, but I didn't notice any softness or new plumpness from the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is defintely the best of Paula's Sheer Cream Lipsticks. I wasn't terribly impressed with her color selection, but this clear lipstick is useful for adding sunscreen to my lips. It can easily go under or over another lip color. I ordered a sample first, but I definitely intend to purchase the full size. Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 2%. Other Ingredients: VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tricaprylin, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Candelilla Wax, Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Ceresin, Polyethylene, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Paraffin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Retails for $9.95 USD online

Beautifully glossy, smooth, hydrating and feels nice and comfortable on my lips. I've tried lots of clear lip balms but this one is unique. It's truly a "clear lipstick." Nice packaging, too. Will repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

If you are searching for a lip gloss/lip balm with broad-spectrum sun protection, look no further. I'm quite picky when it comes to skincare and makeup (and almost never give 5 lipsticks to any product :) but this is it. This product comes in a lipstick packaging (black color with gold lettering), and it delivers a perfectly smooth glossy and fairly long-lasting finish while protecting your lips against both UVA and UVB rays. It is very moisturizing and works perfectly with Paula's clear lipliner. Why, oh why something so simple is not available anywhere else in the drugstore so I won't have to order it in the Internet? Don't know the answer, so far now this is a definite, 500% repurchase. A total must-have for each makeup collection. Price: $10.95.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No