Crest Whitestrips

3.8

on 3/15/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

If you find these painful, try switching to a toothpaste for sensitive teeth! I'm so glad I gave these another try!

on 2/5/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This review is for the Noticeably White Whitestrips. These are the least expensive of the Crest line, I only find them at Walmart and usually find them kind of secretly stuffed away by the Plus White products and off-brand whitening strips, trays, etc. I have bought these for several years and their price fluctuates all of the time (usually going up, they used to be $15 dollars and now are $19) and I think they are putting less strips in the box than they used to. It can be frustrating trying to find them (they are often sold out) and grow tired of dealing with the price hikes. But I think it's worth it compared to buying the $50 versions. I need to do my research and see if maybe you get more strips in those, but I see the price and run every time. These absolutely work and don't cause much sensitivity to my teeth. When I notice staining (coffee, you necessary evil you!) I will use them twice in one week and see a complete reversal of the stains. I get compliments on how white my teeth are and I feel much more confident smiling when I know they are white. Sometimes I can't justify the price and will go without for awhile and see a pretty sad difference in my teeth. They are definitely effective.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

There are so many versions of Crest Whitestrips now. I'm a newbie with whitening strips. Thinking of the worst case scenario "What if I get the stronger version and my teeth fall out?" so I went with the original 3D Vivid "Classic" version for $29.99. It's the 12 day package with a whitening time of 30 minutes.
I noticed a difference after one use! I'm very impressed so far with the results. I was a long time coffee drinker. I recently quit and my teeth were stained and needed some help. My teeth were getting to the color of unhealthy pee =O After one use, my teeth were two shades lighter! Now, I'm almost at the end of the package (3 more to go) and my teeth are actually white, not Hollywood white but a naturally healthy white. I even skipped a day or two and I still got real good results.
As for any fear with sensitivities, I have none! This was my #1 major concern. If they showed results but left my teeth in pain, then I would've been so disappionted. I already have mild sensitivity with cold food & beverages so I'm very pleased these strips didn't cause any more harm.
Overall, very pleased and would repurchase these particular strips. Still not comfortable with stepping it up and getting the super duper versions.

on 10/1/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My review is for the Crest 3D white whitestrips 2 hour express that you get for free in a sample box a lot of the time. They are doing a pretty good job as I use them once in a while just for a little bit whiter smile before an event. However, I really get a lot of sensitivity from them so I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to wear them every day like they are telling us to do.

They are at a great price if you are able to buy them at Costco or on sale. Also, if you can, there's some coupons running around for those so keep an eye out to double the coupon with a sale :)

on 12/31/2013 11:24:00 AM

This is a review for the "3D White advanced line". I received better results with the level 4 than level 5, both of which I've tried. This is mostly due to the fact the level 5 is supposed to be left on for 2 hours!! 2 hours and you can't eat or drink for at least 30 minutes afterwards, that's ridiculous! The level four is a much more reasonable 30 minutes (I sometimes do 45 minutes). My bottom teeth are too sensitive so I only focus on the top.

My teeth weren't super yellow, just some staining from being a coffee and wine drinker. Very happy with the level 4 results, my teeth are much whiter and I've gotten many compliments on my smile. The level four comes with 20 strips and I was able to use 2 per day with no extra sensitivity. I asked my dentist and he said as long as I was not frequently using a new box within a year, doing like 4 a day I was fine.

My tips would be not to brush immediately before (wait at least 30 minutes). For example: I would wake up, wear the strip while I showered/got ready, and then brush. Get a tooth paste for sensitivity (I used sensodyne) and start using it a couple days before starting the strips. If you want to try two strips a day, separate them by 12 hours. If you're having a problem with it sticking on, then make sure the tooth is mostly dry before sticking and make sure that you're pressing it fully onto the tooth, into the corners, etc.

Hope this helps! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review for the Whitestrips 3D Vivid White - there is 12 (1 upper 1 lower) in this box, a little bit less $$ than the other boxes.

Bottom line: THIS WORKS! I loveeeeeee this stuff so much. I really care about my smile and teeth and these are fantastic. I don't use them daily, rather, I take a month to use these in conjuction with taking care of my teeth and I love it. I also brush my teeth 15 minutes before applying.

The only con I'd have to say (its a big one) is that the bottom strip never stays on long enough for me. I probably am moving my tongue too much or something but the back of my teeth always peel off - I also have a metal retainer which obviously makes it much harder. Because of this... I use some of the bottom teeth strips on my top teeth. And because of THAT, I can see a clear difference in my bottom and top teeth. My teeth are now super white!

Also, I absolutely feel some sensitivity especially if I over-wear these or if I wear them two days in a row.

They seem pretty pricey but realistically they are such a bargain for tooth whitening. I always get good results with White Strips - I feel like the effects last 3 months, but with good care of your teeth could last longer.

on 5/22/2013 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

There are many different formulations for the whitestrips and it can vary how long you are supposed to wear them for and the percentage of Carbamide Peroxide contained. That said, I have gotten better results with intermittent usage (I do not use them constantly but I do wear them for 5-8 days in a row and then stop). Better results than Zoom 2 which made me sensitive as hell and only got me 1 shade whiter.

I get about 2 shades whiter with the "professional effects" strips and about 1 shade white (but no sensitivity) with the "Sensitive" formula which is weaker and you wear it for fewer minutes at a go.

All in all, I recommend doing some research on all of the crest products - and then picking the whitestrips that will be best for you. A great alternative to pricy in-office procedures and good for extrinsic staining.

on 5/22/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

For starters my uncle is a dentist and I asked him about his professional opinion before I tried these white strips. Lots of people think that crest white strips are dangerous for your tetth and shouldn't be used but my uncle said they are perfectly safe as long as you use them as directed and not constantly. Use them only when you need them and don't get addicted to constantly trying to make your teeth whiter cause your tooth enamel can only get so white before the stripes have nothing else to whiten and start eating away at your enamel. With that being said I'll get on with my person review. I have sensitive teeth. The first time I used these was about a year and a half ago. I put both strips on my lower and bottom and was only able to have them on for about 5-7 mins before I got those sensitive pain sensations in my teeth. Took them off and didn't think I would ever use them again. Ended up visiting my uncle a few months after that and he suggested for me to use a sensodyn toothpast (toothpast for sensitivity) for about 2 weeks, twice a day before I used them again and see if that helped. I used Sensodyn for exactly 2 weeks, day and night and I decided to give it a go. It helped a HUGE deal. I was actually able to leave them on for the full amount of time suggested which is 30 mins. I didn't have any pain or sensitivity this time. When it was time to remove them I did see a difference in the whiteness of my teeth. A lot less of those yellowish/brown stains. My teeth were almost glowing. So beautiful! The application was simple, you just peel the strips off the plastic paper and fit them to your teeth. Try to avoid letting the strips touch your gums cause your gums can be a bit sensitive to the ingredients. You can talk, drink water and do your normal routine while you use them. Just don't eat or drink soda or anything like that. Now they are a bit expensive, I got the 10 pack and it was about 30 dollars but they can be as expensive as 75 dollars if you get a bigger pack. However let's be honest, that's not nearly as expensive as it would be if you had it done professionally by your dentist. I would definitely recommend this for people that want whiter teeth but don't want to splash out the couple hundred for the dentist to do it. I always have a few of these in my bathroom if I have a special event to go to and need my smile to be extra pretty. Love these. Just use them wisely and you shouldnt have a problem.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

iv tried so many teeth whitening products and I always go back to crest white strips, I get the best results with these strips, I'll do it everyday for 30 min's, for 2 weeks.... the whitening trays don't form to your teeth as well, so I like strips better, I see a difference with white strips, my teeth aren't yellow, I do whiten them often so there white. But I still see a difference with crest white strips. I LOVE THEM and recommend them

on 3/24/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I do a few things to whiten my teeth regularly so I'm not too sure this product made any difference. This review is for the 5minutes once a day Crest Whitestrips. I like that I only needed to use them for 5minutes as opposed to 30minutes which was a bit much for me. I also use pure activated charcoal powder to whiten my teeth which works very well because I started getting compliments on how white my teeth are after I added the charcoal powder to my regimen. I just brush normally with toothpaste then followup with a dab of charcoal powder on my brush & that's it. It's tasteless & amazing plus all natural & super cheap too. I had purchased the whitening strips before I knew about the charcoal powder so I won't be buying anymore crest strips now that I finished this box.

Popular Other Products