September 23, 2014 | 889 users online

Powders - Ulta - Mineral Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by mysteryblonde

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Halo powder by Smashbox and was looking for a cheaper alternative. If money is no object I highly recommend Halo but if funds are an object than you are getting almost everything but the cool packaging and cool temp feel at application that you get with the Halo HD. Although I still use Halo for special occasions I figured out that this Ulta powder is a tremendous bargain and performs well for me.

I have mature skin, a few fine lines, enlarged pores and use this powder on top of primer and liquid foundation and it sets my makeup that lasts from morning to late night with NO touchups. I dropped this in my online shopping cart at ulta when it was only $5 a few months ago and decided it is definitely worth repurchasing at the full price.

Definitely worth a try as it applies very translucent and has worked on my skintone from fair to tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for two days, but it has been sooo good!! I actually only bought it because i only needed a few more dollars for a free gift at ulta and figured I would find some use for it since I use liquid foundation and my skin gets oily as the day goes on. I am SO happy I wanted that free gift. During the day I use Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, Physicians Formula Organic Tinted Moisturizer and then this on the top. It made my face look good to begin with but i assumed as the day went on I would look oily anyway as always. but! I did not at all. If anything it looked even better when I got home from work at 5pm to check it out. To go out I have been using MUF HD foundation, but I havent used this powder on top of that yet. This mineral powder is really great. I'm pale so I can't say how it will be on darker skin tones, but if your skin gets oily through the day, I definitely recommend this product. So light and airy too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by missxogabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this finishing powder. It gives such a nice finish and it feels light weight on your face. I saw this at Ulta and I have been using bare mineral's foundation powder before, but I was looking more for a finishing/setting powder instead since I use a seperate foundation in liquid, and I picked this up. I always apply this after my foundation and I pour a small amount onto the lid and pick it up with my RealTechniques powder brush then dust away the extra and buff it on. It can turn your dewy looking foundation more into a matte finish yet makes you glow. Plus, the color is not too light or dark, it fits my complexion well. It does not cake up, and the staying power is great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this one. It does give a nice finish and is light weight and doesn't alter the color of your foundation which I love, but I'm just not used to the texture. I come from Ben Nye Neutral Set. Maybe I'll learn to love it, but as for right now I prefer talc based powders a little better. One thing I did hate about this powder is when I was applying it some of the dust got in my nose and it was itching for a couple of hours. I never had this problem with other powders. It also didn't hold my creme makeup on too well under my eyes and I had to remove it and use my regular powder for under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I've recently been breaking out and I don't know why but I have a feeling its been my setting powder. I've been using my maybelline setting powder that comes in a huge tub with a blue lid. Its been working out for me pretty good up until lately. Theirs just some products that I can't use that have talc and others I can. Anyways long story short, this sets my makeup equally as nice, is translucent but doesn't look powdery, has no talc, dosent contain that itchy ingredient that's in many mineral formulas, hasnt broken me out, and is a mineral setting powder which is what I prefer. Its 14$ at ulta and even though Its twice as much money as my maybelline one im willing to pay more to keep my face clear. The one thing I wish it had, was a block so the powder wont spill out when i take it in my purse. I simply put a piece of Scotch tape over the holes and problem fixed. Oh and I believe its cheaper than my sephora setting powder, but then again that comes in a pressed powder as well. Too bad this isn't a pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if they've changed this since I bought it. Mine is the "hydrating" kind. Used to be you could get regular or hydrating. Anyway, I find it gives the best finish when I apply it with an Essence of Beauty round, but a brush is fine too. I have oily skin, and I usually don't have to blot 'til the afternoon with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Trust the reviews here. I purchased this based on the reviews here and the raves are deserved. I've tried BE mineral veil and wasn't impressed. Too sparkly, odd color or something--it just looked off. I gave it to my daughter and she enjoys it.

This is wonderful for setting makeup. No cakey, circa 1980's corpse look. Takes the shine off with just a light dusting using a stippling brush. LOVE IT! Thanks all you gals on makeup alley for helping me to discover this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sabrinafabbott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the other day on a buy two, get two sale. I am pretty happy with it. Seph was out of BE hydrating mineral veil so I thought I would try. So far, so good. I am not blown away like I am with Px Magic Powder but I think it's working well. I may change my rating after a week or two of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So glad I bought this! I randomly saw the reviews on this and decided to try it! This goes on extremely smooth and sets makeup perfectly. It does not make my face look chalky,cakey,etc....just looks super natural/fresh and the color is just right for me. I bought the hydrating version. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

I'm not sure if this is the same product everyone is reviewing... mine is the powder with the brush built in? Anyway, I really love this stuff. It's a translucent powder that doesn't look cakey or like you have makeup on at all, yet leaves a nice finish. And I LOVE how the brush is built in, definitely convenient.