October 1, 2014 | 1006 users online

Candles - Pink Flower Scents (A Zaftig Woman) - Soy Candle

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's been awhile since the last review so maybe things have changed in the company. I recently received a large order of tarts and was not impressed. All bakery scents were very very week and some seasonal tarts were perfumey & nausating. Maybe they are releasing old inventory or have changed their formula. I ordered from them before so I am able to detect the difference. Otherwise, I can't knock the price at 1.25 a tart or packaging. The packing is so supercute! YC should take a lesson. EDIT 7/29/10: The company was recently sold so I am assuming I received old inventory. What a shame. My first order back in the day was to die for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am SO impressed with this company! This was my first order and I ordered the Caramel Coconut Chewie Soy Candle. Smells like those S'mores cookies that you order from Girl Scouts! I ordered 7 tarts (at $1.25 that are less than Yankee and give AMAZING throw) and they threw in 2 free!!!! Can NOT wait to try them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am an avid buyer of A Zaftig candles and love most of the bakery scents. I haven't purchased her candles in about a year because I stocked up last year and now visited the site today (Nov '07) and her prices have gone up A LOT for the 16 oz size!! I used to pay $8 - $12 a tin and now it's $18. That's a huge difference. I'll continue to purchase my all time favorite - creme brulee, but have to find a less expensive soy candle for the other scents.

**** UPDATE: The candles are on sale! $7 for the 8oz tin and $12 for the 16 oz tin. A MUST BUY!!!! Stock up before the prices go up again! ****

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by scanmike

Update
    Really like the fragrances of most of the food scents now that I am used to stronger scents. However, I don't like the way the candles burn. So much wasted wax because they tunnel and leave a good inch of wax around the edges. Much prefer the tarts. Would purchase the tarts again only. Sad because I really like the ease of candles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 8:25:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit upfront that I'm a candle snob... in the past, the only candles I thought worth buying were Slatkin, Trapp, or Archipelago. I had given up trying to find reasonably priced candles that actually had good "throw". Let's face it, almost all scented candles smell wonderful when you put your nose right up to them sitting there on the shelf, but the true test is how well the scent permeates a room once the candle is lit. These have terrific throw, I'm happy to say!

After reading all the raves here on MUA, I decided to go for it and try a few of these AZW candles. Went to the website and placed an order online. Within 24 hours I received a very nice email from someone in the company giving me the shipping charges to my location overseas. She said she wanted to make sure I was okay with these charges before just adding them to my credit card bill (even though I had already authorized them). Wow! Great customer service! I told her I wanted the candles even though the shipping charges were as much as the candles themselves.

I received Clove, Creme Brulee, and Exotic Spice in the large double-wicked glass containers. (They also very kindly sent me 3 or 4 soy tarts to try for free!) Clove was great at Christmas time, but probably not one I'll reorder. Exotic Spice was very good and I'll reorder. Creme Brulee was phenomenal!!! I now want to order tons more of these! You really can't go wrong for $14!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by angelwithhorns

I love love love Zaftig Women's soy candles. I got my first two in Sugar Daddy, and Melissa’s Blend. Both scents are so yummy I want to eat them. Sugar Daddy is a yummy warm brown sugar smell. Melissa's Blend is a beautiful vanilla scent.
    If you don't like candles with alot of scent then you should not purchase them. Even when I'm not burning the candles I leave the top off the tin jar and you can still smell it...... YUMMY.
    I have made my own candles and have purchased expensive ones, yankee, illuminations etc....I still go back to Zaftig's soy candles. They also burn clean no black marks on the wall or container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 3:10:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cute little tin this came in, i have only ordered one of her soy candles and it was pink cupcake! whoa!! this thing was sooo strong it almost smelled like there was a pink birthday cake just sitting on my porch! to burn it is a dream, to smell it is heavenly, totally like a warm pink frosting cupcake, i felt like i was a birthday party, wow, LOVE it and will buy more soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 7:21:00 PM More reviews by zaftigrrl

AZW is my favorite candle company. The candles are soy, they last a long time, and are generously scented. Buying them when she has sales or from the scratch&dent sections makes for an especially good deal. My favorite scents so far: creme brulee, red current, and mantra. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are not only the best soy candles but the best candles period! Blows Yankee as well as other brands away with the quality,price & selection. Overall the throws are strong, no chemical or artifical scents, clean burning and best of all NO carcinogens. Price is right. AZW tarts are 1.25 and are way better then YC tarts that are now 1.60! Scent descriptions are given and they are accurate. The company is great to deal w/ as well. Quick turnaround time too on orders - at the most 3 days. Order confirmation & shipping info is sent promptly via email. I only have a few complaints about the company in general (but since they make the best candles ever they are forgivin! :) . First I wish they would update their website. It's a little lame and it's not the most technically advanced. I wish they would list all their scents (in alphabetical order unlike they have it now) so you could click on it and find every product that is made in that scent. It would be soooo much quicker if they offered that type of shopping. I put through LARGE orders and it takes me forever the way they have it set up now. Also, it's hard to get ahold of the company. They don't have a customer service 800 number like one would expect. It took me over 2 hours to f/u on an order and the whole time I was convinced the company went out of buisness. Overall, I plan to continue to order AZW candles & other bath/body products due to the quality & price. Tell your friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 4:25:00 AM More reviews by MissSoren

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say that I am a total fan of AZW! The throw is strong and her mix of scents is amazing!