October 24, 2014 | 1462 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Annick Goutal - Creme Splendide Corps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally caved and purchased this a few weeks ago. It is the most expensive body product I have ever bought, but it really is in a completely different quality category than anything else I've ever used too. It's just unbelievably luxurious. The texture is a light cream, it applies very well with a lot of slip and sinks in quickly. It leaves my skin feeling moisturised and soft but absolutely no product or residue. I didn't think I would use it all over because of the price, but because it spreads so well and sinks in, I am finding I really don't need to use a lot to cover most areas. I particularly like it on my dry elbows and arms though, because then I can experience more of the amazing scent, which is like a light peony-rose. We are heading into the colder months now so I will make my jar last through the winter with judicious use, and then I can imagine this being a once a year purchase for me. The only downside is now I want to try the other products in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by chanteuselaur

LOVE IT!

If I could afford it I would slather it all over every day. It smells divine. I am experimenting with using the body splash under a L'Occitane rose body cream to see if it lasts longer. The texture of the creme is gorgeous, and it is supposed to help with cellulite, tightening skin, etc, as well as just being a luxurious cream.

THE SCENT IS AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by baycoralore

The creme is fab! The biggest advantage is its divine smell - roses! It goes in glass jar - that is a great thing for a product like this as it keeps the product fresh longer.
I think its a kind of product you just can't get enough. The fragrance is captivating, your skin is soft right away.
I tried it when I was in France first time, three years passed, and it still reminds me of this country when I use it.
It is very romantic - a great gift for anyone, I don't know a person who wouldn't like a true morning fresh garden of roses.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2006 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Loves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do love this body cream. It is luxurious, relatively rich without being heavy plus apparently has toning qualities! Note I say "apparently". I'd use it just for the scent alone, a delicate rose that doesn't sicken coupled with a refreshing hit of greeness. There aren't many body creams around that smell like this one! Then again it is absurdly pricey. I never finish body creams or lotions but this one I have to ration! It moisturises well enough if I was in hot humid Asia but it is definitely not enough for dry winters. For serious moisturising I go for Weleda's Seabuckthorn body oils. Oh I just remembered. The absolutely gorgeous packaging!The frosted glass jar is so so pretty I'm keeping it. The box it comes in? Not at all flimsy and pretty as a picture! This is a pretty product that give pretty good moisture at a very "pretty" price

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 6:04:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

It's such a luxurious product. It's not something I need every day. It leaves the skin silky soft, but many less expensive body cream will do this job (maybe even better). But the heavenly scent (so fresh rose scent, not heavy at all), beautiful packaging, and the smooth, fresh texture of this cream are very unique. I feel very pampered and the beautiful scent lingers quite a long time on skin. *** Edit ***: After using up one jar, I think it'll not be moisturizing enough for people with dry skin/ or those who live in dry climate. As a body care product, there are many which do a better job (even the one from nivea or l'oreal left my skin softer or I prefer some other scented body cream which is richer than this one)... but still a nice treat/luxury. However, I don't think I will repurchase because it's not moisturizing enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 11:07:00 AM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Be as good to your body as to your face! This highly refined care product tones, firms and protects the skin, leaving it satiny-soft. Its luxurious, creamy texture is seductive, just like its scent, in perfect harmony with the other Annick Goutal skincare products. This body cream is highly concentrated in principal phyto -energizing active ingredients, active rose sap and caffeine. The latter is reputed for its action against adipose cells and its activity is aided by the presence of a synergetic active ingredient, palmitoyl-carnitine , which can improve caffeine absorption and assists the breakdown of fatty acids. Lactic acid simultaneously delivers an instant youthful cure to the skin by stimulating its renewal. Finally, macadamia, apricot and camellia oils nourish and protect the skin.

This cream is simply decadent! Its texture is what I like a cream to be: not too thick but not liquid either. It absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves it very soft with a lovely rose scent (my whole bathroom smells lovely for hours later every time I use it). It comes in a 200 ml jar. Only drawback, its price, it retails around 75 EUR (for that price, I can get myself no less than 15 pots of Dove Body Silk, lol) continued >>