October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Crystal - RIPE PAPAYA

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by professorpigtoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So beautiful. Very flattering colour on my warm skin tone. Very much a "my lips but better" sort of look. Love it! It's very moisturizing- I do not need a lip balm under this.

It is quite sheer, but coverage can easily be built up with multiple swipes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal in "Ripe Papaya" looks nothing like the swatches I've seen online. On me, it's a subdued copper/rust shade, not at all bright but not so pale that it fails to show up against my skin tone, either (very close to MLBB territory). The formula goes on very silky it feels and looks like a lip gloss and wears similarly. With this shade, you can feel the presence of fine silver glitter. In the tube, the glitter looks quite prominent but on the lips it forms a sheer silver luster over a muted, peachy red/brown base. I bought this shade recently along with the popular "Tiramisu" from EL's Pure Color Crystal line, hoping both would feature a warm, golden sheen (vs. the more typical silver). As noted in my more extensive review of Tiramisu, I find the fragrance and taste of EL lipsticks too disagreeable to make a habit of purchasing these with any regularity. More importantly, I find the consistency of EL Pure Color Crystal lipsticks too delicate. (This is not a lipstick you can throw in the pocket of your jeans without risk of melting.) For all the aforementioned reasons, EL Pure Color Crystal in Ripe Papaya doesn't fit what I was looking for, and I do not plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

Mmmm.. this lipstick makes my lips look and feel soo juicy. It is so moisturizing, and feels great when applied. It stays on well too. As far as the colour goes, it is very pigmented, slightly sheer, and is a unique colour. Looks great on all skin tones in my opinion. Also, it's a great layering colour to put over reds, and to top with either redish or pinkish lipglosses. Deff recommend this for anyone looking for a soft salmon colour... HAWT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a sheer peachy/ salmon pink with shimmer. Does not dry out my lips. I really like the color but cannot stand the E.L. Lipstick fragrance. It gives me a headache.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay I am going to break this lipstick's winning streak. Last year I got Ripe Papaya as a GWP. I really didn't pay attention to it because it was a spring/summer color and it was the fall/winter season. Now that I have been praying for spring to come (because the winter of 10/11 has been a SOB), I took it out to see want will be my "it" look for this spring...any reason to play with makeup :) Anyhow, this is a shimmery coral-ly, pinky orange on me. The color is great, it's everything else that doesn't work for me.

1) I have had this lippie for less than a year, unused, and it has started to melt and become deformed. I have had MAC lipsticks that have lasted for years and years, without changes in texture or scent. Maybe there are less preservatives in EL's formula, but less than a year unused?! (It was stored with all of my other lipsticks.)

2) This lippie has a lot of shimmer/glitter in it. It is probably the only lipstick in my extensive collection that has glitter. I don't likey. Unlike lipglosses that tend to suspend glitter in their glup (is that a word?) and the "shimmer" disappears along with the gloss, these pieces of glitter stay behind. As I pressed my lips together, I can feel the pieces of glitter. Not the most pleasant experience in the makeup world.

3) This formula does not last long. I mean, an hour later I have to either moisturize my lips or reapply. The color isn't that amazing to go through that hassle throughout the day. At first I thought the lack of staying power was due to the free nature of this lippie. Maybe the GWP's quality is not the same as the $22-$24 lipsticks, but after reading the previous reviews, it's the lippie.

Oh well, it was free! Can't beat that for a failed product. I think EL has similar colors in different finishes, so maybe if you are a big EL fan you can find this color in a better formula. Wow that was a long post for something I didn't like.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by blushingpammy

Initially, I thought this looked like a burnt orange shade but I started to actually like it and the lovely coral-pink shade that it is. I love how sheer and moisturizing it is and the packaging is definitely luxurious. The scent needs a lot of getting used to though. And I end up with shimmers on different parts of my face and I'm sure as heck that they came from this lippy. Although this lipstick is good, I might not buy any more lipsticks from EL because of the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this with a GWP about a month or so ago and was honestly underwhelmed when I looked at the color. I'm not a 'pink' person at all and this looked too pink-ish. However, I tried it on and I loved it! It's pink, to be sure, but it has almost a bronze-y sheen to it that makes it look more neutral than a traditional pink. It's a happy color...it has good moisture and an inoffensive smell. I wear this one almost every day now...it lasts a fairly long time and fades nicely, leaving behind a slight shimmer. It is expensive, so I don't know if I would buy it...

...heck, I probably will when it runs out. It's just that nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a creamy/glossy lippie with a gorgeous pink/deep coral shade -- it applies like a creamy butter and has a lovely sheen.

the color is gorgeous on most complexions I have tried it on and the consistency is perfect for summer or as a top layer on a lippie in fall or winter. For the money, you get a lovely color, a great texture and lovely packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very pretty light peachy-apricot shade. Very sheer and moisturizing and very shimmery. Normally I hate shimmer in lipsticks, but the shimmer in this shade just makes it look glossier and more 3-dimensional instead of actually noticeably sparkly. It's so sheer that it doesn't pack much of a color punch, but it's subtly pretty and polished. I will repurchase if I ever finish it the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by prettylife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This lipstick feels like butter on my lips and the color is amazing!