October 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Eyeshadow in Mystic Night

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely use this. Agree with other reviewers that it's too dark and sparkly for day time, which is when I wear most of my makeup, being old and no fun anymore I don't go clubbing much, or at all. I do use it occasionally as liner, so for that it's good, but overall, meh, not something I would buy it again. I do find the lid of the little sample jars fall off easily, don't go back on smoothly, and gets all over easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by princessshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably one of my least used shades of EDM. I find this colour very dark, super sparkly and too loud for the daytime, but I also feel like a clown wearing it on my lid at night time. I think this is a good colour as an eyeliner or outer-v contouring, but I rarely use it. I recommend this for ladies who like dramatic eyeshadows or who want a purple eyeliner with an edge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I think the color of this shadow is fine but nothing unique about it. It looks like dark sparkly purple in the jar. On the lids, it's a dark gray-ish purple with slight silver shimmer when applied dry. You can apply it wet for a more dramatic effect. I find it too messy to use and hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by nicollette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought these eyeshadows on a whim because they're so darn cheap. I didn't expect much in regards to staying power, intensity and the formula of the eyeshadow in general. I'm a regular MAC pigment/mineralize E/S user. This eyeshadow is an intense, rich royal purple with almost blue undertones and minimal sparkle. Their are tiny glitter fragments, but they blend seamlessly with the eyeshadow, so you don't really notice them but they certaintly intensify the colour. The staying power is amazing. The colour payoff is amazing, if applied with the proper brushes and used in conjunction with primer (my goto primer is UDPP).

This eyeshadow works best wet, I only use dry shadow if I need to blend out the edges and create that smokey eye effect. I don't want to leave non-brown eyed girls out, but this eyeshadow definitely compliments brown eyes, which is rare..most purples tend to wash my eyes out.

In regards to applying this shadow wet, prep your eyes with primer. I mix 1 part glycerin to 3 parts water (alternatively you can use MAC Fix+) and dip it in my eyeshadow brush, I then dip it in this shadow and pack the colour on my eyelid before it goes dry. After the shadow is dry, grab a blending/angled brush and blend out the harsh lines, to the outer crease area. I then line my eyes with Cliniques Cream Liner in True Black (using my bent Sonia Kashuk brush), if you know how to create a cat eye, go ahead. Then take the blending brush and blend out this shadow along the lower rim of your eye (under your waterline). Apply black eyeliner, mascara, some nude lips (MAC Freckletone/Myth for my particular skin color) and you're done! <3 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this color so much i bought it twice by accident!!
Awesome stuff, just make sure to apply primer first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This eyeshadow is an absoutely beautiful dark purple color loaded with shimmers. The color on the EDM website doesn't do this shadow justice. I love using this as an eyeliner. Because, it just makes the eyes pop in such a sexy way!!

This is one eyeshadow color that I am so happy that I bought.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first time trying EDM as eyeliner and I chose Mystic Night. I used a thin slant edged brush and dipped it in a drop of saline solution and then swirled the brush in the lid which had some powder I had tapped in it. It lined very well, full pigmentation easily. Mystic Night is a pretty med-deep shimmery purple. Lasted great, looked perfect up till the time removed it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

I love the EDM blushes and eyeshadows because they blend easy and are really pigmented, not to mention unique. However, I have a hard time applying them because of how lose they are. I have to use a credit card to reduce fall out while applying and I have to tap my brush a bunch of times in order to make this work for me. Other than that, this is a great crease color, eyeliner, or smokey eye color. A bit more purple in person, but a total keeper (especially for my winter skin).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, yeah if you try and use this as an eyeliner with whatever medium you use, it won't be as shimmery and intense. I like applying it over my eyeliner (pencil so it sticks), and it stays and works great. It really is an awesome color. Very intense and beautiful. As an eyeshadow, I don't know. It's not that good of an eyeshadow, by that I mean quality. It's not very blendable. The color makes up for its flaws though. I'm not one to usually say stuff like that either.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by eelin77

This is such a gorgeous purple with lovely shimmer! Although, I was hoping that the shimmer would be just as intense when actually applied. (1 lippie off for this.) I didnít have any problems with fallout Ė I used a taklon brush so the powder doesnít fly all over. Itís great for the alternative smokey eye look. You could even use this for day wear (for more intense looks), since the shimmer doesnít show up so much. I apply this shade all over the lid, and match it with a rich deep brown above the crease. Blend, and I get a perfect combo! For a glam evening look, up the ante with another layer of glitter!!