December 20, 2014 | 1128 users online

Moisturizers - Almay - Daily Moisturizer 3 for normal-combo skin with grape seed SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fuuuughh no! I bought this ages ago. I don't know why. I guess because I like spf in my sun screen though I'm starting to worry if it clogs pores. This was only 'ok' and after a little while it started to get all gummy in the bottle. What the hell is it made out of!? So far I don't have a lot of love for Almay products. I wrote them a letter. Ew.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so lucky to have seen this at my local discount store & i have already made it through one bottle moving on to my next one..so i never have bought more than 1 bottle of a face lotion/moisturizer except this one. I love it!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- like i said I have been so lucky to have found this at my local discount store. I bought mine at Big Lots for only $2 & then it went on a bigger clearance for $1 so needless to say, i grabbed up 2 more bottles for that price, its a crime. I do see this available in some drugstores & Walmart & Target stores. Not sure if they are discontinuing it or what but ill def be sad if they do bc its become harder to find. & unfortunately, ive fallen in love. In stores, ive seen it priced at $4-5 so its def worth the full price to me.
FORMULA/PERFORMANCE- Let me first say that i have normal to dry skin, at moments, its sensitive with occasional eczema breakouts. etc. I dont have extremely sensitive but w/ dry skin sometimes i have to be careful. But this lotion is formulated for normal to combo skin so basically anyone could use this. This claims to give optimal hydration to revitalize & improve skins texture & is infused w/ grape seed to nourish & protect skin. Hypoallergenic & wont clog pores. I find it does all of that! When i started using this, my skin finally felt hyrdrated & felt so soft & smooth. It does not feel greasy or oily at all. This formula is a thin lotion. not too thick. A good consistency to apply & spread so nice. I allow it to soak into the skin for at least 10 mins before applying makeup. I use this lotion morning & night esp in summer. In the coming winter months i may use a thicker face cream at night but this Almay lotion is a great daily lotion. It cleared up my skin meaning no reactions to ingredients & it didnt clog my pores as well as finally leaving a moisture to my skin. It helped with my dry patches & flakes & my eczema soon went away. It wasnt just this but this lotion is great. I find it has a slight grape oil scent but its almost unnoticeable. I personally like it & wish it lingered but no scent at all. This is great for under makeup, Does not affect my makeup at all, if anything it helped my foundaiton apply alot better since clearing up any bad spots. It leaves this slight inner glow to my skin maybe since im use to dull dry liffeless skin, this is great. This lotion quickly became my favorite & i hope i can find some more in my local stores. Great formula. Sets so nice!
PACKAGING- i like the simple packaging. This Moisturizer comes in a lilac purple plastic bottle with a white pump lid. I love the pump, it dispersed just the right amount of lotion for a use. I sometimes may use a half more. Almay logo & info on front & back in black writing. It keeps your lotion safe & clean. No jars or tubs to stick your fingers into. I love the convienent pump & its a smaller size but you get tons of lotion. My first bottle lasted me almost 3-4 months using it 2x a day. You get 4 fl oz or 118 ml which is a good deal. Its def worth the price. Great simple packaging. Also, i brought this bottle w/ me on vacation in my suitcase since its too much for carry-on but the bottle stayed intact & safe thru all the rough handling.
Overall, this is seriously my favorite facial moisturizer/lotion. i have found 2 others i really enjoy but for some reason, i always think of this lotion. I used up one whole bottle which is surprising since i normally move on sometime while using my lotions but i stayed w/ it the whole time. I do have backups but i decided to use up my other 2 face moisturizers first since they were opened too but im def going to open up my next bottle soon. I also didnt want my face to build a intolerance to it like sometimes my skin does with products. so, I have to find me some more of this stuff, I think this will work good for any skin type since its moisturizing but not overly & wont clog pores. Its hypoallergenic so wont cause any reactions. I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I actually like this moisturizer. My skin reacts incredibly well to grapeseed and this was the first product I used that made me realize that. It is kind of runny, but you only need to use a pea sized amount to get adequately moisturized skin. My face looks healthy after using this. No break-outs or bad reactions, so I'm pleased. There is a lot of product in the bottle so it's quite economical as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I believe this product is discontinued b/c I got it off clearance for around $7, which is still kind of expensive considering it's supposed to be clearance, but I got it b/c I was running out of my moisturizer from a Neutrogena acne kit. Seeing the grapeseed part, I decided to get it. I think I probably should have taken this back to the store while I still could. Although it's very runny as a moisturizer, it makes my face looks somewhat greasy, rather than dewy (my skin, since it's oily combination, already kind of has a natural glow to it). Along w/ that, it also smells like sunblock, although probably not as strong and I've gotten used to it over time, I've stopped using this moisturizer on my face b/c it seemed to be breaking me out, so it is now reserved for my neck, which needs SPF anyway, b/c my neck tends to be darker than my face. The pump it comes w/ is great, but one whole pump is too much for just my face, and it's not that easy to control how much comes out. Often what happens is I try to get half a pump but accidentally get 3/4 or a full pump, so I have excess moisturizer w/ nowhere to go. Oh well, I'm not thrilled with this purchase but I'm glad I tried it out, so I have more experience w/ moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by angela18

Although this product does feel a bit greasy, i did not really mind it! It makes my skin really smooth and it has a good amount of antioxidants( grape seed)! I really like the pump bottle and the packaging over jar packaging cause then i wont have to get my fingers all in it and the antioxidants will last longer :) Great product for me - I have combo skin but a lil more on the dry side

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by maidenofstarfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG moisturizer. Two pumps and a light touch with my fingers has this lotion melting right into my face. I rub my cheeks sometimes, even with makeup on, and admire the softness of my skin. It's a wonderful moisturizer, and I highly recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ally5172

I don't know why this product has so many bad reviews. It didn't burn my face, heck, it did nothing but make my face feel soft. It smells okay, and it's cheap (1.99/$4) for what it does. I like their dry version also. I have combo skin - dry patches around my nose and on my cheeks, with oily everywhere else. It hasn't mad my skin worse and I've had no breakouts as of yet. :) I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bobbinforapples

i returned this stuff. it made my skin greasy. it did not add to or prohibit breakouts. i don't know what skin care regiment or moisturizer to recommend. i have acne prone/oily/combo skin. oily t-zone, dry patches on my nose. i'm going to try dessert essence products today.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this moisturizer at all. It had a very strong sunscreen smell and burned my skin upon application. The bottle also cracked open on the way home form the store so I had to exchange it. Out of this line, the toner is the best product by far.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by charliendave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Never again. It gave me a rash. Plus it was greasy not moisturizing.There are so many other options out there, I will avoid Almay from now on.