November 23, 2014 | 2180 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Cleansing Lotion 1 for normal-combo skin with grape seed

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Kita117

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It leave my skin feeling fresh and clean. Not oily or too drying. It doesn't break me out. But every single bottle I've bought I've dropped it and it has broken in the same area every time Right around the top in a perfect circle.

Update- I had to stop using this product as my skin changed and it stopped working for me and was doing nothing for my break outs anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To start off, I do not believe this is a makeup cleanser. This is a cleanser to balance the skin.

I have oily skin, that turned severely dry during the winter, so I switched my face cleanser to this. I only paid $2 for it at Conways in NYC so if it didn't work, oh well.

Surprisingly it works great. I take my makeup off at night with a makeup remover cloth, then wash my face with this using hot water, I follow by splashing cold water on my face to close my pores..and i'm done! My skin has improved..it's no longer dry...but it's not as oily as it once was either. Sometimes I add a teeny tiny bit of my Booth's Microdermabrasion Scrub into this to help exfoliate slightly.

So is it the best cleanser out there? Probably not, but for the price I haven't found another cleanser that actually balances my combo skin out. Until I find my HG cleanser, then I will continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by dorkspork

okay so like, i've been looking for a cleanser for COMBO skin. so, if you have like dry or super oily skin, there's a chance that it won't for you since it's for NORMAL/COMBO skin, ah-duh! (:

anyway, i got this, with the pore minimizer, but i lost that.
anywaayyss, i like this. feels good.
I LOVE THE PUMP.
definitely gets my make up off. & i only wear waterproof mascara. haha

i got this for like 5$ at ross. lmao, so yeah, it's not expensive.
i only use 2 pumps, so it's gonna last me a while (;

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ketchupp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

unlike everyone else here haha, i really found no problems with this cleanser. i have typical teenage skin, breakouts once in a while but nothing too bad. this stuff makes my face feel really soft and hydrated, while at the same time cleaning up any acne. its not harsh or irritating, and has a nice smell to it. as for the film everyone else is mentioning, i feel like a little bit, but after putting moisturizer on, it goes away. i'd say check this product out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 5:56:00 AM More reviews by KinuG

It did not seem to get my face clean. My face felt like it had some kind of film over it, even though I rinsed well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

This is like an improved version of Cetaphil facial cleanser. It has about the same texture, but without the film residue on my face afterwards. Instead of 1-2 pumps, I just keep pumping until I get a quarter-size amount on my fingertips and start massaging it on wet face. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by LaniM

I love this product. I have combination/sensitive skin. Making it very hard for me to find cleansers that would do the job, and not burn my face.
Usually, I used Olay sensitive cleanser, and lotion. It really didn't help my dry skin.
I saw this product while browsing through the make-up section. I bought the entire facial skin care. When I got home I tried it, within 3 days my skin looked great!
It's very good for those who have sensitive skin, and it doesn't clog your pores. I use the eye-make up remover, it's really light and not oily. The pore minimizer is awesome, I've noticed a lot of changes in my skin.
From having dry, sensitive, and oily skin. I now have soft, healthy looking skin!

Instead of washing with your hands using the cleanser. Think of getting a facial scrubber, or facial brush applying the cleanser on it. All you need is two pumps, not to mention it helps exfoliate your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser was just ok. It didn't break me out, but it wasn't anything fabulous. I like foaming washes, but this had a faint icky smell. Not overpowering, just a faint odor.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2007 5:17:00 AM More reviews by captainvegetable02

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this because I loved the toner in this line and my Olay combo skin cleanser seemed to be drying my skin out too much. Unfortunately, this stuff just didn't work for me. It's okay on days when I don't wear makeup, but even when I just use tinted moisturizer it doesn't cut it. I use quite a bit (it says 1-2 pumps but I use 3-5) and really massage it in before I rinse, but my skin doesn't feel clean afterwords...because it's not. Let me give you an idea of how poorly it works: In the evening I use makeup remover for eyes (and lips if necessary), wet my face and use this cleanser as I described, then use the toner from this line. There's always makeup, oil, etc. on the cotton ball after I use the toner. Then after I shower in the morning, washing my face with this again, there's still MORE makeup and gunk on the cotton ball after I use the toner. So after I cleanse and tone twice my face STILL isn't totally clean. I kept this stuff to use on days when I don't wear any makeup, and to use in the shower in the morning, but I have to use a different cleanser at night to really get my skin clean and get all my makeup off. Definitely not repurchasing once it's gone (if I don't just throw it out before then).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JessTooTall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a decent cleanser. I use it in the morning in the shower, so I can't really complain about it not taking my makeup off. It doesn't leave me tight and dry, nor does it leave a film on my skin. Overall, I'd have to say it's a slightly thincker version of Cetaphil.