November 26, 2014 | 997 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by smile2smile44

maybe it's because i'm asian that this really worked out fabulously! the golden-y glow aveeno gives me is SO much better than my natural tanning. my skin is smooth, silky, and shiny! yes, the shiny glowy kind of dew... if that makes sense? it hasn't streaked at all, maybe people aren't rubbing it in like a lotion should be rubbed in. i don't have to exfoliate to get a nice even layer, of course if my feet are crackily i'd have to take a pumice stone to it. just common sense.
the smell is great right out of the bottle, then when it's been left on for an hour it doesn't smell as nice. it kind of smells like stale fast food, but the thing is no one else can smell it! even my best friend whose nose is ridiculous can't smell it. i even had my boyfriend sniff my leg (an inch away) and couldn't smell! i guess i'm going crazy.
i don't understand people why people are talking about it staining clothes... it's a white lotion and that lotion doesn't turn into any color when applied. i took a moist paper towel to my leg and wiped and nothing came off. my sheets are still snow white.
i'd say rub it in extra well and make sure to do it in circular motions as to not miss any areas, and if possible being in your undies for an hour to let it dry amazingly. it's like touching silk. top it off with some sunscreen, you'll glow like a goddess. it's so nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

i am an aveeno junkie if that's possible! i have, love and use, several of their products daily. they are lifesavers for me. i was thrilled when they first came out with this. i mean a se;f tanner from the people who really get what dry, and/or sensitive skin?! sign me up! i wanted to love it, i fully expected to but i don't and have tried it several times. i have very dry skin due to a medical condition that kills off my moisture glands (and you thought you had dry skin!;o). i always say that to be fair if i think something was not moisturizing enough.

perhaps this is for others but for me , using the same method as always, exfoliating, applying a thin layer of moisturizer all over, and a cream one to knees, heels and elbows, i was all streaks and it clung to spots i didnt know were dry beforehand. it stays put so forget just a little exfoliation like i can do with some self tanners. no, i was splotchy till it was good and ready to go. the color was way too "rusty" as well. i hope they improve it as they of all companies have the ability to make a great self tanner for people with reactive and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missannster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i use this in the medium shade...it's hard to find aveeno self tanners where i am, the only place i can find it is target, which is cheaper anyway so i can't complain. i wanted to get the bare escentuals moisturizing lotion, but at $28 dollars, it's out of my price range right now. i honestly don't think i'll bother with the be because this stuff is working great. the color is really believable, i was looking at my arms out in the sunlight and thought for a second, "when did i sit outside tanning?"...and it was just from this stuff. also, there is no smell like most self tanners, so i can even use it in the morning without worrying i'll smell all day. will def continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ktimmermans87

I have always had friends comment about how white i am in pictures. When a flash goes off I disappear! I decided it was enough. I bought the product for light skin tones, and after four applications, I definitely see results.

The only bad part is that it turned my palms kind of orangey... and since it tells you to wash your hands after it washes the moisturizer off and gives my hands a less tanned look.

Other than that it is pretty amazing, i am going to continue to use, but maybe i will apply with gloves or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by DancerXoxO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this moisturizer/sunless tanner for about four days so far. I have naturally medium yellow(light olive) skin, but purchased the fair-skinned product in hopes for a more natural and gradual tan.

So far I love this product! It was soooo inexpensive and doesn't leave any orange tint on my skin (which was like my biggest fear). I noticed a change even after the very first application, and then slowly continuing on through the week. It really evened out my skin tone so now my chest and neck match my face and i have no more bikini lines from last summer!

The only negative thing is that i did notice that my skin took on blotches of darker color in between my figures if i didn't wash my hands thoroughly after each application.

Overall, this is an AWESOME product:)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by beachlover1212

I had a graduation coming up and I really wanted my skin to look tanned and glowing since I'm very pale so I decided to give this a try. After using it for a couple of days my skin looked orange. Not tan and glowing like I wanted, but orange. So you can imagine how dissapointed I was with graduation only a couple of days away. Not only that but it also made the palms of my hands orange which was a hassel to try and take off. The smell wasn't bad but this did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Out of all the self-tanners I've tried this is the best. It gives a nice, natural tan color, without streaks. It also does a good job moisturizing. It has a strong lotion smell, but it goes away in an hour or two. I would definitely buy again. I buy it in medium, even though I have a lighter skin color, so I get a darker color, but with this it still looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

I apply this as a self-tanner 3-4 times per week.

On my arms and legs (where I am naturally tanner), I get a natural-looking bronze shade. On my chest and back (where I am quite pale) I get a yellow tint.

The smell is okay. It's not a bad scent, but it is quite strong and it's not a scent I would choose for myself.

Application is easy - I apply before bed, wait about 5 minutes, and then put on my pajamas. I don't have problems with staining my pj's or sheets. There is a slight stickiness, even when I wake up in the morning, but it goes away in the shower.

My main complaint is the packaging. I would prefer a pump for more consistent application.(i.e. always putting 3 pumps on each leg, instead of having to eyeball how much tanner I've got in my palm).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by test761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I am very pale and I use the one for fair skin tone. The result is gradual and even and looks natural. I have dry skin and this product is very moisturizing like the regular Aveeno lotions. It's so easy to apply! I just apply it after a shower like I did my other body lotion. There is no self-tanner application hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Loves it. I use it only on my (white white white) legs (with lots of little surface veins, freckles, etc) and it's worked wonders. I've got this georgous tan going, and I don't reek of self tanner. The fragrance is a tad bit strong, so I use this at night before bed and let it wear off on my blankets instead of my clothes. Veins, freckles, everything have been evened out and are unnoticable. It is a little orangey around the knees, but I think thats my own fault for having dry knees, lol.

Awesome.

EDIT: July 5/08

After about a month, it stopped tanning me. I was still applying it every night, my routine hadn't changed, but for whatever reason the tanner stopped having an effect on me. Sucky.