October 31, 2014 | 1520 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Diary Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love this colour for a subtle smoky eye during the day, or you can foil it and make it more intense for evening. Such a gorgeous shimmery colour, my eyes are light brown/gold (depending on the light) and this compliments them nicely. I blend it along the crease and outer corner of my eyes, and use it with a highlighter shade like EM's Spin Cycle. It's very versatile, and a good choice if you want to try doing a smoky eye but are not feeling brave enough to use really dark colours!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

It's a pretty color, lavender/gold shimmer. Sounds pretty, but you really have to pile it on for it to show up. It's prettier in the pot. I wear it occasionally when I'm bored, but it's not a real winner. Also, the pots these come in are TERRIBLE. They explode if you put them in a bag and carry them around. It's awful. I love their face makeup, but am thoroughly unimpressed with the eye shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On me this color is a pink/lavander shade. I do not get any brown, I also notice that if applied with a patting motion the purple dominates. Once you blend in the color, the pink dominates. just an observation. I do use primer, as without it, loose powder eyeshadows rarely set.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by rose1234

I bought this a few years ago and I am wondering if they might have changed the color a bit based on the reviews and the picture on this website. Mine is less purple and more brown. Anyway, LOVE IT.

I would call this color a soft taupey color with a purple overlay. Once applied, it mostly just acts as a pretty soft light tan for me. I use it as a base up to the crease with In the Garden in the crease and on the outer corners. Very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by aces67

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful color but you have to apply a lot of it to get any color at all. Even with UDPP on first it takes several applications before the color shows up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it shows up as a reddish lilac on my skin.
don't love it, don't hate it....but wouldnt repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Can no longer recommend EDM as a place to buy any product. There Customer Service is the worst I've dealt with in my life.

Will I buy it again? Already have, in a larger size. I'm an Ivory/MT Neutral just starting to get fine lines under my eyes. A traditional smoky eye is just not attractive or appropriate for me but with Diary, Spin Cycle and Starry Eyed (All EDM) I was able to put together one I feel good wearing. Kind of a cocoa/silvery/peachypink/mauvey sort of eye although that may sound more confusing than anything.

Anyway, this has become an eye shadow I will never run out of.

Spin Cycle to highlight, Diary from lashline up to highlight. Starry Eyed for liner and to smoke the crease and vee. Not a perfect job, but taken at 3 am (my private time), early evening for a swing shifter. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

this is a beautiful color of eyeshadow. i do agree with the other girls here who have said it looks super sparkly in the container and is more sublte once applied. to me, in the container the color looks really lavendar, but on the color tranforms into a really pretty warm iridescent rose shade. diary is a great shade for during the day and night. i love lining my lower lash line with this color because it really makes my brown eyes POP! (i do however also line with MAC permaplum eyeliner for more of a dramatic look) if you have brown eye or green eyes you should give this shade a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by lmw19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered two eyeshadows from EM, and they both happened to be out of stock, so with their awesome customer service ideals, they sent me this and another shadow for free to hold me over!
I did enjoy using a new color for free, but this simply was not for me. With my pink undertones, it just made my eyes look tired and brought out the redness around them. I have crepey lids, so I can't wear sparkle shades much. I'm more of a matte or pearly girl, and this was just too much shimmer for me. I don't agree with the online description of this color either, it says a "soft lavender," but this is much more of a deep rose-purple in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite boring colour, it doesnt do anything for my blue eyes. Rather light shade. It's not my absolute favourite among EM eye shades.

Updated: I tried it again and I like it! It's shimmery and has a slight aubergine-brown-pink-lavender tone. It still doesnt suits my eyes very much so I'm swapping it.