October 30, 2014 | 1649 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Sunlight Color Corrector

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't find this product anything special, but it's been a part of my routine for a long time. I don't use it by itself though. I got the idea from an internet makeup buddy to mix Sunlight with EM Mint concealer. The yellow tones it down just enough that it doesn't appear green under my foundation, but it's still green enough to cancel out redness. I use it for spot concealing blemishes and acne scars, and it works pretty good for that. My one real problem and why I will not repurchase this again is because EM changed the formula of their makeup and it started causing people skin problems. I have not purchased since the ingredient change (so you can imagine how old my jar is), and I will be replacing it with Meow's Camo Cats concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MeliLacroix

I've been using this corrector for years now as a mineral veil to hide redness. This looks amazing after I dust a single layer over my foundation. I really believe that this sticks so well to foundation, and for anyone who has redness they know that the more yellow the better! I've had a really hard time finding something that is as yellow as this and I will splurge without hesitation on high end brands such as Dior, Ellis Faas etc. I buy the sample size on their website because I like to travel light and hate walking around with a heavy bag. Again I use as a finishing dust on my fountation and blush I am astonished at the way it sets my makeup and blush. Even if I wear cheap garish blush this improves the look!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by nopes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. It works well with my skin tone and, when used with a light hand and ever-so-slightly damp brush, applies well and looks natural.

Although this product works great with my skin, it wouldn't work for someone with more pink skin, I don't think. On me, it blends in quite well with my neutral/yellow complexion rather than contrasting harshly with pink tones. It is very densely pigmented, so attempting to blend it into pink skin might be quite difficult.

While I would purchase this product again, I don't use it all the time, so I would purchase it very rarely. I like it, but I wouldn't say its an essential (or even daily) part of my routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This stuff is fantastic! If you have a warm skintone with yellow undertones, this will banish redness like nothing else. And unlike traditional concealers, you can use just a few specks of this, and its invisible on your skin - no cakiness, no color mismatch. Make sure you have a really good detail brush and use just a tiny bit on a red blemish spot, and blend it in - voila, magically no more redness! If you want to cover a red nose or red cheeks, just use a bit of this stuff with a fluffy brush and it'll reduce it greatly. This has been a treasure product for covering active pimples and the red marks they leave behind.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I've had this for awhile, but almost never reach for it because it is horrible. It is very chalky and doesn't blend well. It doesn't do anything for my undereye circles. Every so often I try to see if I can make this work, but it doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll repurchase this product. Since I'm so pale, this light yellow shade is very versatile for me because it helps to add a bit more yellow to foundations that aren't quite golden toned enough.

How I've been using it is I apply it over my moisturizer in a light layer all over my face with my long handled EDM flat top kabuki to calm down the ruddiness in my skin prior to using concealer and foundation. Then I take a concealer brush and use it to cover my under eye circles. I've found that it doesn't "cover" the circles, but it does create the illusion that they're less obvious because it makes them more neutralized, which I suppose is the ultimate purpose of the product. But, I don't know if this step is really necessary because I feel like a good coverage foundation has the same effect, if not better (because it actually covers the under eye circles) on it's own. With this product, it just kind of adds another stop and I'm not sure it's worth the extra time.

I've had the same results with using it to tone down blemishes, as well. It just adds another step in my foundation process, without strong enough results to really be deemed worth while.

So, although I don't feel it's a bad product, it's not really a "must have" item, either. I may play around with it some more and see if I can learn how to better use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by theartyard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I've repurchased this a few times now. I apply it with my EDM flat top brush. The reason why I love this stuff is because it lets me fake having nice clear skin and it looks really natural. I have been complimented a countless number of times on how great my skin looks when I have this on (and believe me, I have really bad skin.).

It works wonderfully as a colour corrector for me and I use it to reduce the redness on my face. It doesn't hide my acne scars /spots as well as I would like but that's not what I use this for (I use a diff. concealer for spots). I use this to even my skin tone and it works wonderfully. I've tried a lot of different shades from different products for my skin and this is the only one that sort of highlights my face and adds a 'glow'.
I also love using it as a concealer for my under-eye area and to highlight the area under my brows. I apply it with my ring finger. It makes me look a lot more refreshed and 'awake'.

The only con is that because it's a powder, sometimes it gets a bit cakey on my face if I'm not careful and use too much. Having said that, all of the other foundations/ bb creams I've used cake a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Foveolata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for neutralizing the color of dark under eye circles! I just brush on a tiny bit with my MAC 217 brush and the discolorations are practically gone :) I've been SO impressed with everything I've gotten from this brand. I got this in a tiny sample container and it has lasted me nearly a year despite daily use. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

put price as 1 because i RIS and don't know how much it cost.

this was so-so for me.it really covers dark circles well but settles into my lovely undereye lines.i don't find it very effective at concealing blemishes or redness.it's great when applied with a light hand to even out/brighten skintone on my eyelids if i'm not wearing shadow.right now i'm just using it to set my WnW coverstick,which i don't find very effective.the two together are better than nothing.on the positive side,i really do like the yellow tone,it's surprisingly wearable on my skin,though i'm very yellow-olive to start with.cool toned girls might have a problem.
overall it's not bad but i wouldn't buy it.it *was* a really fun swap extra to play with,though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This just doesn't work for me. It just looks like I dabbed a bright yellow dot on whatever raging zit I'm trying to cover. It doesn't blend well and it's bright yellow. I find BE bisque works much better for me. Oh well, at least the EM is super cheap!