October 20, 2014 | 2080 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Paris Roses des Vergers

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

In general I'm not always fond of roses...but really with this fragrance I find that I don't mind the smell at all. It's actually quite lovely. this is a LE scent, said to be inspired by blooming french gardens. I'm not sure about that whole concept however, it's quite a lovely floral that does actually last unlike some of the other LE scents.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

YSL Paris is the type of classic that needs no improvement imo. So, you can understand why the limited editions have not measured up, in my humble opinion. Roses des Vergers does remind me of springtime. It's a fresh pretty scent, but my frustration with this is the same as the other YSL Paris LEs: It is too faint to make a lasting impression. There is so much more that YSL could have done with the springtime LE concept. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Today is my first full wearing of this and i LOVE it. I feel like i'm buried under a mountain of roses and violets. A mountain of red, yellow, pink, blue, purple roses and voilets of every color in the rainbow. I keep thinking of an avalance. Not an avalanch of snow but an avalanch of roses and violets. Trillions upon trillions of roses and violets cascading down a beautiful mountain side. It's such a sparkling, sunny, springtime fragrance. A happy fragrance. I work at a hotel and i wore Roses des Vergers to work one day last week. We have a small front office/check in lobby so when i wear fragrance to work (which is every day) it fills the office with scent. After about eight hours a coworker turned on the office air conditioning and i left the office for about an hour to check guest rooms. We have a very good air conditioner in the office so when i came back down to the front office it was very cold. Also, the entire front office smelled of flowers.....literally like a florists freezer!!!!!! LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The beautiful packaging drew me to this perfume initially. I'm not a rose-scent fan but this has something more - grass, maybe? It feels very feminine, very French. I wore it less than 10 times since I bought it but when I do, I'm always surprised how this smells more garden-rose than overblown tea-rose. Definitely a good riff on the original Paris, which reminds me of dried roses for some reason. PS - I always wear this perfume with pointy patent pumps and pearls. I don't know why...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best version of Paris IMO. the orginal is too perfumy for my taste. to me RDV smells like freshly picked roses from the garden so light, fresh and green. lovely for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by cherbearvx

This perfume is so pretty and smells divine on me. It starts with a rose smell (not soap rose) and softens to something oriental floral. The sandalwood is more pronounced on me. Staying power is not great but I found that if i spray it on my cleavage it stays ALL day! when my body warms up (due to emotions surges or when I find myself close to someone I like), the scent is more pronounced. I even got compliments on my perfume :) too bad it's limited and got me hooked to limited YSL. The funny part is how I bought it without even testing and NO regrets! I'm startting to love YSL limited editions, more than Paris. Baby doll is lovely too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by onthemove

I received this as an Xmas gift from my MIL. What a lovely perfume. I probably would not have picked this out for myself but nonetheless it is wonderful. The initial spray brings forth the scent of lush fresh cut roses and dries down to a light powdery scent with a slight green note. Lasting power is not terrific but the perfume is subtle and non-cloying. The bottle is so pretty. Something you would want displayed. I feel this perfume would be best suited for spring and summer months. I am not sure if I would fork over the bucks to repurchase but it is an interesting floral/green/powdery scent. If you are a rose fan definitely give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by sohvi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I generally love rose scents and when I smelled this perfume in the shop, I was instantly hooked, I don't know why. It's very light but pretty rosey, perfect for younger and older women alike (I'm 21 and my mum thinks it's gorgeous, too).

I like the bottle and the packaging, matches perfectly. If only I had waited until the price was reduced :(

But then again, the big bottle was worth its price and you never know when a LE is sold out. I never owned YSL Paris, so RDV was my first love. I do agree that it is not THAT longlasting. On the other hand, it's not overpowering at all. THE spring scent for me personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by caro915

Wonderful scent!

Very young and fresh, but unlike other summer scents, it has staying power. It is very floral without being overpowering and is perfect for a hot day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2006 2:14:00 AM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Opening notes of this LE are very BEAUTIFUL, sweet and fresh! But after maybe an hour or so it turns into something very different and totally green, and very annoying!!! I am dissapointed, because I really wanted to like this :(