NARS Pencil in Mambo

on 10/24/2012 11:29:00 PM

Great everyday color. Rich brown that goes on creamy and blends well with other color eye shadows to create new muted shades.

on 3/2/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This NARS eyeliner pencil is great on everyone, especially if you have any green in your eyes. The chocolate brown pencil seems to be infused with red and purple pigments therefor giving the user a nice dimensional effect. Really enjoying MAMBO eyeliner :)

on 7/11/2009 2:30:00 PM

Awesome colour if you have green eyes, especially paired with Max Factor Deep Auburn mascara. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because a) its expensive and b) colour fades easily so I have to reapply through out the day. But will continue to repurchase until I can find a long lasting equivalent.

on 6/23/2009 4:08:00 AM

Oh NARS, you know that you're my favourite brand & you have HG status products - but what a huge disappointment with the eyeliner pencils. I bought this pencil, along with the Manon pencil, *hoping* that it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought, but boy was I disappointed. And it wasn't just the Mambo - the Manon had exactly the same issues. Firstly, the pencil is extremely hard and dry, making application painful and almost impossible. Secondly (once I eventually get some on) - it disappears from my eyes after an hour. You'd think that a pencil that was this 'hard' would last a long time, but it's completely the opposite.

If you're a NARS fan & are contemplating getting a pencil from the range for the first time - don't - you'll be extremely disappointed. Second, if you're new to NARS, I hope that an eyeliner pencil is not the first product you are considering buying, because there are so many excellent quality NARS products in the range (blushes, bronzers, eyeshadows, Multiples), but unfortunately, the eyeliner pencils are not one of them.

on 2/1/2009 12:16:00 PM

Loved this product at first, great color with smooth application, but it dries up pretty quickly. Even shaving down the pencil doesn't seem to help. I still use it occasionally, but it's a lot harder to apply given the consistency. Would not repurchase.

on 1/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pricey, but the color is great for my hazel-green eyes. It is a dark brown, but the shade is a bit unusual - in a good way. It's not a boring brown. But it may not be great for eyes with cool tones. I find this eyeliner is easy to apply and lasts once applied (but I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion first). It's a longer pencil, so you get more product. It looks great with the Kalahari duo.

on 10/26/2008 1:55:00 AM

Received this in swap and was dubious at the beginning because it isn't a dark, dark brown, more of a chocolate - reddish brown and I find reddish browns make me look like I haven't slept in years!
Mambo is the best brown eyeliner I have ever tried. It is easy to apply (I haven't had issues with their liners) and the colour is very natural but buildable if you want stronger colour. I feel so lucky to have gotten this and use it a lot - I never used to use eyeliner (found it difficult to apply and difficult to work with) until I received this and it made me go and buy other NARS eyeliners (Manon, Kaliste) and I'm now a convert! I love this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a standard matte medium brown shade. The pencil drags and it difficult to apply because it is so dry. Also, the cap falls off the NARS pencils easily

on 3/31/2008 5:04:00 PM

I got this because it was the only brownish shade that i liked from the NARS eye liner shades, it's a great eyeliner and really shows. The only this is that i wish it would last longer. After a couple of hours i would have to reapply it. If you are looking for an eyeliner that will last for a the whole day or only need to be reapplyed once this isn't it. The color is kind of weird and if you don't press the liner against your lids hard enough it won't show as good as you may have hoped.

on 1/21/2008 6:21:00 PM

PROS: Interesting deep brown liner with a coppery/red undertone. Sharpens to a very fine point, making it especially easy to apply under the eye. (Note: I do not tightline.) Looks very nice with All About Eve, the duo I wear to work most often.

PACKAGING: NARS matte black. Decent liner cap. No sharpener included.

PRICE: Expensive, but I'm guessing that the stiff/hard texture of this pencil will offset the cost. I'm looking for a thin line, so I won't be wasting much liner in the sharpener itself.

CONS: Not a liner to use for smoky effects, at least in my opinion. The reddish shade might not flatter some skin tones/eye colors (I'm olive/pale). Pencil is waxy/stiff enough that it might, in my opinion, be too hard to use comfortably when tightlining.

Buy it again? Probably. I'm trying to pare down the amount of makeup I own and this pencil is effective for me.

Top Rated NARS Products