September 21, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lip Gloss - Cargo - Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I got one of the quads, and they are fantastic. Very pigmented. Long-lasting--not so much. Just normal. But no sticky feeling. I hate the sticky feeling of some lipglosses. I'd rather have a moisturized pair of lips that are shiny with gloss, and re-apply a couple of times, than sticky gross lips suffocating under a gloopy layer, that stay that way for a long time.
BTW you can ask the salespeople for a couple of "disposable lip brushes" that they have to go with this. They are free and last a long time. I dunno why they are called disposable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by tokyomimi21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this thinking it will be a gloss i carry in my purse so i can touch up all day or to re-moisturize my lips, but nooo way. it actually makes your lips even more chapped and doesn't last long on your lips anyway.
a total dud.
might as well get some cheap drugstore gloss that works better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by anooshka

I really don't like this lipgloss. I bought it two shades that are totally beautiful. That's what sucked me in. The colours of Cargo glosses- all of which are gorgeous. The label has rubbed off in my make-up case so I can't report on the colour but suffice it to say that they blend very well together and are great alone.
Now for why I hate this: they dry my lips out terribly. Like I ALWAYS regret having worn them. They go one sort of thin and vaseline like, which I hate and to me is a sign of a cheap gloss (I don't like MAC lipglasses either but come-on! they should have some lasting power to them!) But even in the short time they spend on my lips, they manage to do a number on them. I also get the dreaded white line build-up on my inner lips with these (lovely, I know!).
Furthermore, I originally found the packaging cute but it's really inconvenient.

I've had this for over a year and every time I see it it makes me angry. Only because in my opinion it's such crap but looks so pretty.

I'm really envious of those for whome this works.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MM28

I bought the gloss duo in "Chattanooga".

I agree with the other reviewers that this gloss fades very quickly. I also found that the formulation was quite drying.

The packaging is also deceiving because you believe you are getting this big circular tin of two glosses. In actuality the glosses are in two semi-circular pans that are then glued inside the larger tin. It's only after you get to the bottom of the gloss pan that you realize how much space the packaging is consuming. Space that should be filled with product instead. The gloss pans only have the depth of about half of the larger tin.

Would not buy again, no matter how tempting the shiny tin is!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this gloss. The color selection was great and I thought for the price it was well worth it to get a huge tin with 2 colors. The gloss goes on very smoothly and doesn't feel sticky but it's thin and sort of melts off within an hour. I continue to use it and will probably will till I run out but I doubt I will go back and repurchase. It just doesn't have the staying power I am looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by vangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Cargo and most of what i own is from this brand but i have to say the glosses SUCK!!! gorgeous colors but wear off in half and hour!! you may think you are getting a big pan of gloss but you will see that you are not getting nearly enough for what you are paying! i would not recommend this to anyone ! save your money for Nars glosses they are amazing..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this in "Chatanooga" since they were out of "Macchu Picchu" at the time and I just really wanted to try Cargo gloss. Big disappointment. The colors fade quickly, and constant reapplication is a must. It feels nice on, but doesn't stay long. In addition, the tin can be difficult to open at times. $20 is far too much for this substandard gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by dkd43537

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, this is a decent lipgloss tin. I like the colors, and I purchased it at Sephora, so I appreciated being able to try the product before purchasing.

The staying power is average for a lipgloss. The biggest pain (and reason I will NOT purchase again) is that there is no application wand. During the day, I am either using an extra q-tip or my fingers, which makes a mess if I'm away from home.

In summary.....Good colors, average staying power, where's my wand?? I will not buy again until they have it come with a wand!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by souporsunny

I really wanted to love product, it feels very smooth on my lips and not sticky at all. I love the color selection and how there's 2 colors/tin (or in my case 4). But it only lasts 5 minutes on me!! Its so frustrating to have to constantly reapply. I wouldn't get it again, but I'll probably finish this tin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the color selection that Cargo offers, but the actual product leaves something to be desired. Like the reviewer below me said, the color in the tin differs from the color on your lips. It tends to be a little oily feeling and it's kind of a pain to apply since it just comes as a tin and not your traditional tube with an applicator wand.