September 18, 2014 | 914 users online

Pressed Powders - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt and Radiant Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Jaimiedollar

Looks amazing but how annoying are the fingerprints?! Aside from that i find this a nice, finely milled powder. It doesn't cake on application & leaves you a nice matte look. Needs a touch up mid day though, especially if you are somewhere warm

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I am returning this powder because it doesn't make my face matte at all. I keep retouching every hour. I am using Smashbox More than Primer Blemish Control as primer and YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation as base but it makes me more oily and it comes off easily too. It doesn't stay on. There are only 3 shade selections, I am medium-skinned and I got the Shade 3 but it's too dark for me. Disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by megatooth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i honestly dun haf anything against the nice shiny, fingerprint-attracting case of this pressed powder!

Really nice, super love how it looks like on my skin!! matt and radiant, exactly what it says! this powder is so finely milled.. i feel so loved by the powder~~~ :):) awesome stuff here! i used to use Maybelline pressed powder in shade "Sand", i will never convert back again.. this has won me over, forever!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is great for my normal to oily skin ( seldom have to touch up) i don't have many skin problems but this adds a softness to any redness on my skin. i lovee it :) and the gold packaging is beautiful but i don't like all the finger prints on it..can't keep it clean no matter how hard i try

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I use it during the day as a touch up powder. I use shade 4 along with shade 6 in YSL's Teint Resist Foundation.

I used to use a 'translucent' powder during the day to take the shine away. Wasn't happy with it. I felt like if I'm going to retouch my face why not add a little coverage. This is perfect for me. I wanted something that would take the shine and oil away without adding no coverage at all or too much! This is right inbetween.

Is expensive and the packaging is annoying, but I use a retractable kabuki brush so I don't care that the pouf doesn't fit in the container. Love YSL!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ciniminis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't rave enough about this powder. It is by far the best powder I've ever used. I've never seen any other powder, which leaves the skin super velvety and soft, sheerly mattifying and therefore doesn't leave your face chalky. I don't what kind of formulation makes that difference but this powder doesn't hold on to my dry patches; having a dry skin and using powder doesn't always look very flattering. This does!
Yes it is pricey, but I have it for 6 months and might need to refill in around 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Av11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder!!!! I didn't really think I'd love it this much but I do! I also find that its a multi-tasking powder because you can wear it alone, or brush it on top of your foundation to set it. The result? A perfect complexion with a gorgeous matt finish. I bought this to wear to my cousin's wedding because I found that my dewy finish powders and foundations looks fabulous in person, but not in pictures. I was using Smashbox Halo Powder (which I still love) as my setting powder, however I just didn't like the shine in pictures. Oddly enough, I have super dehydrated skin and this product works great for me. When I have an event/party to go to or just have a day where I want that flawless finish and need it to last, I'll take my MUFE matt velvet plus (another odd one considering my dry/dehydrated skin), with my Guerlain Precious Lights Rejuvenating Illuminator (shade 1) and apply that all underneath my eye area and cheek bones and blend to perfection, then set it all with this powder and a large face brush. It stays matt and perfect until I take it off. These products don't dry out my skin whatsoever intact I love that I can achieve a beautiful matt effect without my skin looking dry! I also noticed that when I apply this powder, my overall complexion is just more radiant too. There's no shimmer in this product. Simply phenomenal - although it is fairly high priced, I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing!! Hope this helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin so this product was hit or miss for me. I like the velvet texture and it doesn't dry out my skin one bit. I use the darkest of the three colors and my skin is a medium yellow tone (I'm half Korean and half Irish). Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by hkdoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this pressed powder. it glides very well and even out the skin tone and have decent coverage for discolorations even i just apply a thin layer. i use the number 3 color and it is quite natural looking and not cakey. i am extremely oil prone and used to blot twice a day. now i hardly need to blot during the day! the seperate puff doesnt bother me too much though i would wash it regularly. def. worths every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! While I am a pushover for the cute and luxurious packaging, I think it's actually a great pressed powder for touch ups. My skin is dry but sometimes my t zone can have a little too much glow. I never bother witht he puff. I carry a tiny powder brush and use that to apply it. The powder is silky, naver chalky or cakey. I think it's best for someone with normal to dry skin.