October 25, 2014 | 960 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Philosophy - dark shadows illuminating eye and upper lip cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nothing will work miracles. I have had bad under eye circles and bags for years. The only thing that really helps me is 1. no caffeine 2. decent sleep 3. sleeping on my back (to keep the water and puff out of my face) Other than that, eye cream can help a bit. I noticed an instant brightening effect that was very subtle after I use this. It's nothing like concealer, but it does make things prettier and more even looking. I also use it to help prevent advanced aging. I hope this can do that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

I used this religiously for about 3 months and did notice a reduction in dark area under my eyes. At the time I was having hormonal issues that for some reason made my eyes ghastly and this really got me through. I highly recommend this for dark areas under eyes. Adding, I am wondering about the low ratings on this product, it really worked for me, even on the upper lip area. (re-state I was having huge hormonal issues at the time)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by cvetanca

There is product does create an optical illusion. . . If you check out your finger after application, there is glitter. Small little flecks of glitter that are reflecting the light making it appear your dark circles have 'vanished'. At $33 for a 0.5 oz. it really is just expensive lightweight glitter lotion.

Although it does moisturize, I thought I had massive eyeshadow fallout that I was constantly trying to clean up, which likely just took the cream off of my eyes. I've switched to something else in the morning. Plain grapeseed oil lightly patted on in the morning seems to soak right in and do the trick and over time it actually will brighten your under eye area. It also seems to help blend my MMU under my eyes into a creamier consistency.

Sometimes simple is just better!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

Don't waste your money. This stuff is crap. I have yet to find a Philosophy product that is actually decent. It's just an overhyped "celebrity" brand. This was really watery and did absolutely nothing for my dark circles (the blue-purple bruise kind). It actually gave me those weird little bumps on my undereye skin that is apparently caused by creams that are too oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On me, this stuff strings the heck out of the sensitive skin under the eyes. I haven't been able to use it long enough to find out if it works. It didn't make a noticeable difference the 4 or so times I wore it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by pixiegirl23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this almost a year ago. It's hydrating but didn't do anything for my dark eyes or upper lip. It only looked a bit whiter because of the "illuminating" part... don't buy it if you need something for dark circles... it's only good for moisturizing....

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by BanditKat0824

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Useless. Don't buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by cjramos79

didnt do anything...such a waste of money! definitely wont purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by MsLileli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fairly pointless product. It's not really a treatment nor a concealer. Its light reflecting effect is way too subtle for any kind of "wow" from a person like me who has visibly dark purple under eye shadows. It is too expensive, too. The search for better products continues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 11:14:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bio: Uncle Fester like hereditary dark circles, 23 yrs old
Pros: I could see it's "light deflecting" specks working, so for those of you with light to medium circles this could work
Easily absorbed, Great packaging,
Cons: Just didn't do enough for my circles, worked more as a mild circle diffuser than treatment
Pricey, unless you buy it in a set.
Overall: Good for those not burdened with football player stripes under their eyes, but not good enough for me to buy again.