October 2, 2014 | 1840 users online

Polishes - New York Color - Long Wearing Nail Enamel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product, but at the same price the better product is Wet N Wild Wild Shine.

The NYC Long Wearing polishes can be thin, but they were cheap and are fun colors. Thin ones can by sandwiched between NYC Matte Me Crazy.

Right now I have on my toes... Elmer's Glue All, Big Apple Red Creme, Sally Hansen Gem Crush Cha-Ching, and topped off with the only top coat I will use... NYC MINUTE Grand Central Station

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by whiskehz

I recently got myself some of this nail polish; 156 Pink Champagne. After reading mixed reviews, I was a little skeptical to try it but, for a dollar, you can't go wrong. My polish came in a package of two; it was at my local Dollar Tree. The formula is VERY watery. I personally recommend using 2-3 thin coats but, I also prefer not-so-thick polish so it wasn't an issue for me. I'm not sure if it really is 'long wearing' since I use a top coat (as you should with EVERY polish regardless of what the bottle claims) and I also do my two-three times a week. ...my poor boyfriend has to endure the smell so often. It's easy to work with -the brush gives you good coverage and there were no streak marks and it didn't take forever to dry. Walmart carries this brand for .97 cents and everywhere else for under 2$ so you really get what you pay for. Honestly, try it out. So what if you lose .97 cents or a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jahola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Haha omg. Literally laughing bc this nail polish has the guts to call itself "long wearing". I'd say that this nail polish lasts for like 1-2 hours before it starts chipping. And I only do regular stuff like get food, go on the internet, etc. So why did I give this 4 lippies? Well first of all the colors that I've bought from this line are gorg. Secondly they're dirt cheap. So what I did was put the Sally Hansen top coat over it and it lasts for up to 2 weeks with little to no chipping. Its not a winner by itself but with the right top coat its absolutely worth it. I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYC has great nail polish lines, except for this one. The quality is too runny for me. However the colors are unique and total dupes for OPI or Essie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by fallinformakeup

i enjoy the price of these nail colors theres a number of pastels and they last quite long tend to chip after the third day but i got them for less then a buck at the drug store they dont take quite as long as other inexpensive nail products to dry colors great usualy with jist one coat would recomend for bargin shoppers any day :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: I found these to be of quality, long wearing (with a top coat), and I love the colors they come in. Not to mention, they're only $1.

Cons: There isn't much variety compared to Sinful Colors or OPI, unfortunately. I also found some of the polishes are hit or miss when it comes to the color. I picked up a gorgeous oil slick color, and was dismayed to discover it was transparent, even with several coats. Though, I don't think that justifies not buying these polishes, as they're great. Every other color I picked up was opaque and went on beautifully.

I'm a huge fan of cheap nail polishes because spending $8 for ONE color is insane. When you can spend $8 colors for 8 different polishes, why wouldn't you? The choice is pretty obvious.

I think a lot of people avoid cheaper polishes because they believe they're sacrificing quality to save a few bucks. I find my nails chip about the same when I'm wearing OPI vs. Wet n Wild or NYC. If you have problems with chipping like I do (I'm never careful with my hands), just use a clear top coat. I find it makes polishes last twice as long as usual for me.

Overall, you can't go wrong with these polishes. They're only $1, and if you don't like them, return them. Walmart has a great return policy, and I usually shop there for cosmetics, as they'll always accept them if I don't like it for whatever reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do you have bad nails that never grow? Do you wait for that "ideal" future when you have long nails before you can wear polish?Wait no more. Lexington Lilac, is the polish for you. I have super short, weak nails that look crummy with most polish colors.This color, 147, is my new HG. I can wear it no matter what length of nail I have and my hands look better and groomed.Super shiny and super long wearing and cheap. Dont wait on the sidelines while your polish sisters get all the great looks.Why NOT make those short nails look better now?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dbc202

109 Pink Promenade Creme << For the price that I paid for this nail polish it is pretty damn good! Affordable, many colours to choose from, dries fast; no need to worry about smudging or getting the colour on something! I only need to apply one coat and it's good to go. What I do not like about this nail polish is that out of all the nail polishes I've ever had this one has smelt the worst, it's like you can literally smell all the toxins even from across the room my mom said she can still really smell it. Also, it chips a bit at the tips and although it is easy to remove it leaves your fingers with a color tint... I don't really know if I would repurchase or not but for now I will say yes and I will give this product a 3/5

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this stuff. I bought this because i was in need of a cheap top coat because I forgot my good one. I grabbed this one because of the price and the "extra shiny" claim. First thing I noticed, it's super runny, I prefer thicker polishes. I tilted my hand and it ran off my nails and warped the polish, strike one. Then after it dried it cracked the nail color under it leaving little lines everywhere, strike two. Finally my nail polish was chipped and had rubbed off within twelve hours, strike three. In conclusion this is a horrible product even for a cheap product. I will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by pavs010

I bought this in tudor city teal. Its a fun color and suits most skin tones I guess. It dries up pretty quick and needs atleast 2 coats to reflect the color on the package. For the price, Im amazed at the quality. My first one in this brand and will definitely buy more colors!